Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus Bonet release

fill

Hi,I have got a 52 focus 1.6 Zetec. I have read most of the questions on ere and apart from one asking about the front grill i cannot find anyone else with this problem.I cannot pop the bonet lid. when you insert the key and turn it to the left number 1 postion nothing happens.Don't know if anyone else has come across this problem. I have been told that the mechanism is at fault and you can buy a repair kit for the lock from fords at a mear £100. But this is not force to sort the problem i have been told that if this does not work then i have got to have all the locks replaced but at what cost.???? Fords said the only way to gain entry is to smash the grill so that you can get to the mechanism.CAN ANYONE HELP ME. any advise is welcome. THANKS. fill (Newbie) :(

Technically they arent lying. Something to try is whilst holding the key in position 1 get someone to apply pressure above the lock on the bonnet and letting go. Sometimes its enough to release whatevers jamming enough to at least get the bonnet open. Sadly it is a common problem.

Technically they arent lying. Something to try is whilst holding the key in position 1 get someone to apply pressure above the lock on the bonnet and letting go. Sometimes its enough to release whatevers jamming enough to at least get the bonnet open. Sadly it is a common problem.

Thanks for your Suggestion, We did try a few different ways of trying to get this open including pushing and pulling whilst turning the key but as of yet no luck. But most appreciated for any help in this matter recieved. THANKS. phil.

I Jsut wanted to add does anyone know why fords had to change a perfectly good lever underneath the steering wheel or down in the footwell, To having to open the ford badge put your key in and turn it,for it not to work and having to buy a repair kit for £100.

Sorry for the moaning but i think it's such a poor way of opening a bonnet.

Dont forget, bonnet release catches and cables used to snap too. Ok didnt cost £100 to replace but theres always been issues.

Did you turn the key both ways?? first left then right

Hi,YES i have tried it this way and no good but THANKS for the suggestion.

• 1 month later...
Hi,YES i have tried it this way and no good but THANKS for the suggestion.

Hello Fill, I'm in the same predicament as you. I could not open my bonnet and the dealer told me the only way is to smash the lock. I thought the suggestion was totally unreasonable and came across this information on the following website: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/ind...2055165020.html

I hope you were able to get your problem resolved without smashing the lock.

Cheers

I didnt know this was a common problem! I'll have to keep mine greased up!

Did you manage to sort this out yet?