Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Attempt At Carbon Wrapping

james132

Well I think I may have 'bitten off more than I can chew' with this whole carbon wrapping idea. Its STUPIDLY hard!

In my opinion it looks terrible... what do you think? There was no way I could possibly get it to cover without getting a large crease across the middle, so I put a slice through it and overlapped.

DSCF8528.jpg

DSCF8529.jpg

DSCF8530.jpg

DSCF8531.jpg

DSCF8532.jpg

DSCF8534.jpg

Any hints/tips? Where im going wrong? I used a hair dryer, to little or no effect, thaught about using heat gun but thaught it may melt?

At first I thaught it wouldnt bother me, as I cant see the part thats got the crease in it, but its already bugging me and its only been half hour since wrapping it! Im dreading the other part!

you need to apply heat to it first so the wrap goes back to its original shape and heat it when applying to the product. a heat gun is best but dont get too close or it will melt. it will probably help it the pod/dash bit is held so you have 2 hands free to work on it. also, start with the largest area first and work to the pod area. good luck.

DSCF8536.jpg

DSCF8535.jpg

Im going to re-wrap the top bit at some point, its seriously hard though, the centre part around the gearstick even has folds/bubbles in it :mellow:

Both them efforts are 100% better than mine..

Jealous

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club