Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Rear Bumper. Help.

Ash88lfc

Hi does anybody know how easy or hard it is or any help regarding fitting new bumper. Took a horrible dent in mine and luckily got a new one of eBay. Is there any guides out or again any help.

Got bumper now so want to swap it straight away.

Thanks.

post-26411-0-85181200-1342530751_thumb.j

post-26411-0-35326100-1342530853_thumb.j

Should be able to change in half an hour if the two inner bolts under the wheel arch are not correded to much the rest is pretty straight forward you dont have to remove the wheel arch liner just undo two torq screws and hold back whilst you undo the ten milly on the bumper bracket two plastic screw rivets underneath cant miss them and couple of torq screws when you open the hatch plus your light connections not a hard job at all

I think they have corroded on one side. This is a night mare. Need help please. The but under arch cover is just spinning round when trying to undo so I got !Removed! off an just cut around it. Still need get it out. And now to p me off the 7mm when you lift the boot up keeps just turning. Any idea please on help. Thanks.

I think they have corroded on one side. This is a night mare. Need help please. The but under arch cover is just spinning round when trying to undo so I got !Removed! off an just cut around it. Still need get it out. And now to p me off the 7mm when you lift the boot up keeps just turning. Any idea please on help. Thanks.

this happened to me too when i was removing mine,

you see the head of the bolt is surrounded by plastic, and if you turn the nut too hard then the plastic gives way and allows the bolt to turn freely inside the braket.

the only way to get it off now is either to cut the bolt and nut off on the inside or drill out the rivets on the bumper then tap in to the head of the bolt to hold it in position while you remove the nut and free the bracket.

also by the looks of the damage you may also need a rear bumper bar on the inside.

Cheers lenny and steads. Lenny I checked the bar and that seems fine. Luckily. Had to just put back together for now as I was losing my anger with it. What do you suggest for the nut under the boot. There's two one either side but ones fine and the other one is just turning. Can't even get to the back of it because o the awkward position it's in. Side of my bumper for now is together by the two torq screws from the linin around tyre. Need to get this fixed ASAP now worse than was. But had to come away from it for now.

what i did on mine was the one that was spinning i just waggled the bumper so the bolt worked its way through the body wrk hanger once bumper was off just tapped the bolt hole back into line cut the old bolt out of the white hanger attached to the bumper then with nimble fingers put a new bolt with washer back in and used a locking nut to hold in place but you shouldnt have this prob ash if your putting another bumper on that is if it has been removed properly where in cheshire are you .

Cheers lenny and steads. Lenny I checked the bar and that seems fine. Luckily. Had to just put back together for now as I was losing my anger with it. What do you suggest for the nut under the boot. There's two one either side but ones fine and the other one is just turning. Can't even get to the back of it because o the awkward position it's in. Side of my bumper for now is together by the two torq screws from the linin around tyre. Need to get this fixed ASAP now worse than was. But had to come away from it for now.

what i did with mine was drilled out the 5 or 6 rivets that are on the bumper holding it to the bracket,

i the got full access to the bumper bracket itself and drilled out the head of the bolt freeing the rest of the bolt and nut that is on the inside of the panel, i then purchased a new bracket from ford on eBay along with some ford replacment rivets.

if you require some rivets i can supply them to you for the cost of postage say £3 for 10 ford rivets to replace the existing ones.

KGrHqJlwE9JVDGL29BPsS8sQKg60_12.jpg

but if your purchasing a second hand bumper then the brackets will be on it when it arrives.

see here for a guide to creating some temperary fog and revers units

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32690-reduce-reuse-and-recycle/page__hl__cocacola__fromsearch__1

here are some images of the bumper removed by drilling out the rivets.

Image1910.jpg

Image1912.jpg

Image1909_1.jpg

Image1908.jpg

Image1905.jpg

Steady I'm from widnes. Are you local too? I don't understand your last bit about having no problem. I've still got the bumper on but need to get it off or am I getting confused here.

Steady I'm from widnes. Are you local too? I don't understand your last bit about having no problem. I've still got the bumper on but need to get it off or am I getting confused here.

Image1910-1.jpg

Here are a few rear facelift bumpers that should come with the brackets fitted to them from the seller and including the rear light units.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ZETEC-S-REAR-BUMPER-/261058249500?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc848c31c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-6-ZETEC-2010-REAR-BUMPER-GREY-/230810085954?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35bd5a6a42

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-rear-bumper-2009-/230816008950?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35bdb4caf6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-ZETEC-S-REAR-BUMPER-PRIMED-BOTH-PARTS-/280915007634?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4167d6d892

and why dont you just go through the insurance mate?

your looking at around £200 - £300 including the body shop expences

I,m in e/port yer you still have to get the bumper off the brackets that are attached to new bumper as you can see in lennys photos the what triangular pieces if the bolt is still in this on the new bumper and you have taken it off the way i did by just teasing the bolt head threw the metal body work hanger then all you will have to do is knock the hanger hole back straight i just used two hammers just hold one behind for strength as its a flimsy piece as you will see and just tap it back that way you wont need washers

I've got a new bumper cheers Lenny. I got it off eBay colour coded already for £90. It has the white brackets already in the new one if that's what you are meaning and yea in your description picture. That it one of the nuts that's just going round. I've pulled the bumper out a bit and managed to cut around that leaving the white end and nut still in the car body.

I've got a new bumper cheers Lenny. I got it off eBay colour coded already for £90. It has the white brackets already in the new one if that's what you are meaning and yea in your description picture. That it one of the nuts that's just going round. I've pulled the bumper out a bit and managed to cut around that leaving the white end and nut still in the car body.

if you now either drill out the head of the bolt

or

use a stanley blade to cut away the plastic around the bolt.

you can then get a grip on it to remove the nut from the inside and fit your new bumper in place.

Have you any pictures of what you mean steady. I'm sort of on to what you mean but dot get what you mean by getting the bolt head through the body work. :(

I with you on that one lenny but any idea how I can get the one under boot off. The 7mm ones. One is just spinning round but no chance off getting to the other side :(

If your in the position like lennys photos just the white bracket get a long flat bladed screwdrive and put it between the bracket and the bodywork where the bolt goes threw and just tease it so it pulls the nut threw the body work hole.

No I'm not in this position dreads. Far from it to be honest. I've managed to rip half side of the bumper off but the white bracket/triangle piece as Lents pic shows it attar he'd to the bumper still. I have cut around part that the nut/bulk is. But my problem is now the nut/bult where the boot closes is spinning round so cant get off atall. Really struggling with it as can't get behind it. It's te but/bult where (if boot shut) the focus and model badges are. Any idea?

Sorry *steads. I'm on my phone at min. Soon as I get to laptop I'll upload pics as to what I'm meaning.

i,m at work at the mo so cant go and look at my 2.0 thats on axle stands in the back yard otherwise i coukld offer more help .

This is the one that is doing my head in. Keeps turning. Cant get behind it or im struggling to find if you can. Any help appreciated.

post-26411-0-27507900-1342548690_thumb.j

post-26411-0-23599700-1342548731_thumb.j

I would try a flat bladed screw drive and insert it at just above the screw and just put enougth pressure on it so it helps to force the screw out as you turn the screw with another driver if you know what i mean

I would try a flat bladed screw drive and insert it at just above the screw and just put enougth pressure on it so it helps to force the screw out as you turn the screw with another driver if you know what i mean

yea sort of get you. ive tried squeezing a flat head in behind it if you can see in pic. felt the tension get tighter turning it but still nothing. So frustrating.

1. is that a plastic screw or metal cant remember off the top of my head but seeing as the one your taking off is naff can you not drill the head off it if its metal then once the bumpers out of the way get some molies on the rest of it

i know the screw keeps turning but break the plastic off arond it and you should be able to remove the bumper.

wedge a flat blade screwdriver behind the bumper bit shown in your photo and it will break off with a bit of force.

i dont know if you can see anything if you remove the trim from inside the boot?

yea its metal. Drill directly through the head of screw you mean? and what you mean mollies mate?

cheers

i know the screw keeps turning but break the plastic off arond it and you should be able to remove the bumper.

wedge a flat blade screwdriver behind the bumper bit shown in your photo and it will break off with a bit of force.

i dont know if you can see anything if you remove the trim from inside the boot?

the trim was my first instinct. I thought that but no where near it. And cut the bumper /plastic off you mean mate? Thanks sal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club