Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk7 Modifications

iMitchellHD

okay so this is my first post on here but basically i have a 2009 Ford Fiesta Mk7 Style + 1.2L, its black and currently unmodified.

I want to seriously boost the performance of it to as close to Ken Blocks Mk7 which done 0-60 in 1.9seconds, but i dont really know where to start, so i was hoping you guys (&girls) might have some ideas? and help would be appreciated, i would like as fast 0-60 as possible but i dont want it to be able to get to 100/110mph without strain.

Also i think im going to get a pumaspeed body kit too.

So you want to go from 81bhp to 838bhp?

I don't think any amount of tuning or plastic stuck-on parts are going to achieve that.

Probably best to strip it to the Shell, throw away everything Ford and replace with custom made engine/gearbox/running gear.

It worked for Ken.

Ken had part of the center console still......

So you want to go from 81bhp to 838bhp?

I don't think any amount of tuning or plastic stuck-on parts are going to achieve that.

Probably best to strip it to the shell, throw away everything Ford and replace with custom made engine/gearbox/running gear.

It worked for Ken.

+1 😂

okay so this is my first post on here but basically i have a 2009 Ford Fiesta Mk7 Style + 1.2L, its black and currently unmodified.

I want to seriously boost the performance of it to as close to Ken Blocks Mk7 which done 0-60 in 1.9seconds, but i dont really know where to start, so i was hoping you guys (&girls) might have some ideas? and help would be appreciated, i would like as fast 0-60 as possible but i dont want it to be able to get to 100/110mph without strain.

Erm save your money until you get to about £155,000 as that's what a 552bhp 4wd mk7 sold for on piston heads and it took 2 years to build a lot of custom parts and a lot of skill. Even at that price they probably sold it at a loss. Only other option buy a ford fiesta racing engine they don't come cheap either

The only thing standard on Ken Block's car is the dash. Everything else is custom built.

It's all carbon fibre and titanium.

Even Ford Focus rally cars are about £1 million each to build and after every race are pretty much stripped down and rebuilt from scratch.

Unfortunately you have to accept you will never get thoroughbred performance out of a cart horse.

The type of engine performance that you aspire to alone would wreck any standard car body, clutch, gearbox and everything else in between at the first turn of the key.

Sorry to pee in your pocket but I feel that a down to earth approach is required here.

You can take any road car and monkey around with it to make it faster, louder or shinier, just have more realistic aspirations.

The only thing standard on Ken Block's car is the dash. Everything else is custom built.

It's all carbon fibre and titanium.

Even Ford Focus rally cars are about £1 million each to build and after every race are pretty much stripped down and rebuilt from scratch.

Unfortunately you have to accept you will never get thoroughbred performance out of a cart horse.

The type of engine performance that you aspire to alone would wreck any standard car body, clutch, gearbox and everything else in between at the first turn of the key.

Sorry to pee in your pocket but I feel that a down to earth approach is required here.

You can take any road car and monkey around with it to make it faster, louder or shinier, just have more realistic aspirations.

Ah so its a Titanium model he should start with, not a style?

:P ;)

Oh, and welcome to FOC Mitchell. Hope you enjoy your stay (and get the answer you were hoping for next time)

Paul :)

The look is easy to achieve puma speed sell the full kit and the exact same decals

Not to dampen your spirit but like all the others are saying it'd cost a hell of a lot and probably not even worth it. Besides the fact it'd be pretty hard to live with on normal roads, imagine a pothole on that kind of suspension and the fuel consumption :o you'd probably only ever need 3 gears to! Getting in and out of a full roll cage, the noise emissions would probably be too high as well.

But if you're that serious about it speak to someone like cosworth or olsbergs mse who prepared ken blocks car

I want to seriously boost the performance of it to as close to Ken Blocks Mk7 which done 0-60 in 1.9seconds,

Assuming you do the mods I'd also guess you'd need to pay telephone numbers again for insurance, and depending on what changes you'd make may even need to put it in for re-approval for road use.

For maximum performance that I'd say is achievable;

Bore the engine + new pistons and the gubbins that goes with,

Twincharge the engine - can easily fit a turbo, supercharger and a reasonable sized intercooler in with it being a small engine (fit as in space wise, huge job)

New exhaust system

New air intake (not an off the shelf job from Halfrauds)

Remove AC (if it has it)

Custom remap for all of the above

New gearbox, probably going to be a 1 off

New suspension

New brakes

Loose most of the interior

I'd estimate all that at like what, more than the value of the car? Sell up, get something hot and think things through. I'm sorry, but with all that you won't scrape close to 200bhp which a good deal of hot hatches hang around.

welcome to the forum,

not much performance can be gained from your engine im afraid mate, to be honest with you.

if you were to spemd around £2000 fitting a performance exhaust, air filter and a remap.

then your car will gain 20-30BHP and thats about final.

but if you had a 1.4TDCI model fiesta,

then if you spent £2500 on 110cc fuel injectors a remap, air filter and performance exhaust you would see the car go from 90bhp to 156bhp

unfortunitly non turbo petrol engines dont respond well to performance modifications.

but you can fit a saber edv dump valve kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saber-EDV-V3-Fake-Dump-Valve-Fit-Subaru-Impreza-MR2-/150657617376?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2313e4cde0

and DMB graphics will kit you out with a body vynil to make it look like ken blocks fiesta.

even fit some PVC 1.5 inch drain piping to look like a rool cage if you wish but sorry to say it aint gonna happen mate.

not with this motor but save the cash and lower your insurance. then hit the red line on your next car.

dont worry mate, we have all had our first cars and wanted to make them in to rockets, i had a 1.3 non turbo starlet and i used to think i was a speed demon until an excort left me sitting like i was parked on the motorway.

your next car will be better on performance but for mnow just focus on style and appearance.

Here is a video for fitting the roll cage

and another video for the saber EDV dump valve for non turbo cars!!!

welcome to the forum,

not much performance can be gained from your engine im afraid mate, to be honest with you.

if you were to spemd around £2000 fitting a performance exhaust, air filter and a remap.

then your car will gain 20-30BHP and thats about final.

but if you had a 1.4TDCI model fiesta,

then if you spent £2500 on 110cc fuel injectors a remap, air filter and performance exhaust you would see the car go from 90bhp to 156bhp

unfortunitly non turbo petrol engines dont respond well to performance modifications.

but you can fit a saber edv dump valve kit

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2313e4cde0

and DMB graphics will kit you out with a body vynil to make it look like ken blocks fiesta.

even fit some PVC 1.5 inch drain piping to look like a rool cage if you wish but sorry to say it aint gonna happen mate.

not with this motor but save the cash and lower your insurance. then hit the red line on your next car.

dont worry mate, we have all had our first cars and wanted to make them in to rockets, i had a 1.3 non turbo starlet and i used to think i was a speed demon until an excort left me sitting like i was parked on the motorway.

your next car will be better on performance but for mnow just focus on style and appearance.

Here is a video for fitting the roll cage

and another video for the saber EDV dump valve for non turbo cars!!!

Great, that's me watching YouTube all night -.-

The Civic video's are awesome :P

Great, that's me watching YouTube all night -.-

The Civic video's are awesome :P

:lol: they have a great video for the push star button too.

''can even fit it in the boot of the car if you like''

Okay thanks guys :D, is there a way to use a higher spec fiesta engine 1.4/1.6 so i can look into doing some things like this, ive done a few small things so far like a push to start button and interior LED's and building a tomtom into the dash but nothing major, i wouldnt assume this would affect much in terms of what i could do performance wise?

Okay thanks guys :D, is there a way to use a higher spec fiesta engine 1.4/1.6 so i can look into doing some things like this, ive done a few small things so far like a push to start button and interior LED's and building a TomTom into the dash but nothing major, i wouldnt assume this would affect much in terms of what i could do performance wise?

you would need to replace the engine and ECU aswell as the speedo cluster steering shaft, gear box and exhaust system mate,

it would be much cheaper to buy a 1.6TDCi at 90BHP then spend £2000 on it and be running 160Bhp while still being an economical car.

2011-Ford-Fiesta-R2-Rally-Kit-Image-05.jpg

Agree'd with Lenny.

Add a 6 speed Citroen box to a diesel, some bits and bobs, and it's a hell of a car. I'm slowly going to be doing this myself.

As a side note, damn I want the stuff in that photo. Lol.

Agree'd with Lenny.

Add a 6 speed Citroen box to a diesel, some bits and bobs, and it's a hell of a car. I'm slowly going to be doing this myself.

As a side note, damn I want the stuff in that photo. Lol.

Thanks mate,

and heres another reason to love diesel.

if you fitted all of the kit in that picture to the 1.6 petrol fiesta that is next to it then you would get 168bhp and 134 pounds of torque

and the kit costs way more than £2000 see the link below to back me up on this:

http://wot.motortren...block-9361.html

on the up side,

if you get a 1.6TDCi fiesta that is on running 90bhp as standard,

spend around £2000 on it and you have 158bhp and 295 pounds of torque.

the 0-60 may be 4 seconds longer than the petrol but on a 60mph up hill start the petrol wont keep up with the diesel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club