Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Footwell Lights - Which Colour? Show Of Hands Needed :-)

BrownMotoring

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour bulbs for footwell?

• Red
    • Blue
    • White
    • Other (please state in reply)

just when the doors are opened and the car is unlocked, the same way the interior light does,

but if you wanted you could fit a 3 way rocker switch and have them coming on and off like standard but the added feature of switching them on constant when your driving lights are on too.

Ah that's a cracking idea, definitely something to have a think about then! Thanks for all your help though mate

Ah that's a cracking idea, definitely something to have a think about then! Thanks for all your help though mate

hatoff.gif

I finally got my lights delivered today :lol: so I got them fitted straight away and had to wait until it was dark to get a pic, here they are:

photo13pk.jpg

Best £3 I've spent in a long time ^_^

I finally got my lights delivered today :lol: so I got them fitted straight away and had to wait until it was dark to get a pic, here they are:

photo13pk.jpg

where do i get these look amazing

photo13pk.jpg

Your missing the glove box mood lighting...

Your missing the glove box mood lighting...

You don't get it on a Zetec-S/S1600/Metal

You don't get it on a Zetec-S/S1600/Metal

Is it retro-fittable? Did wonder if I could change out my bulb/strip

Is it retro-fittable? Did wonder if I could change out my bulb/strip

Only by me ;) (car needs reprogramming to activate it)

Only by me ;) (car needs reprogramming to activate it)

But if you have them already can the lights be changed? I haven't actually had a good look to see what kind they are! :blink:

But if you have them already can the lights be changed? I haven't actually had a good look to see what kind they are! :blink:

I've only seen it done once. You'd need to be a dab hand with a soldering iron (tiny tiny LEDs soldered on to board)

There is someone that will charge £200 but change every LED on the car (ambient, dials, winow switches etc) to a colour of your choosing.

I've only seen it done once. You'd need to be a dab hand with a soldering iron (tiny tiny LEDs soldered on to board)

There is someone that will charge £200 but change every LED on the car (ambient, dials, winnow switches etc) to a colour of your choosing.

I did get a bunch of blue led switches made up for my Focus before, but after trading it I swapped them out for standards. That reminds me I better get them all listed!

Voted RED but in the pics I think Blue looks best, just think red is more in keeping with the existing lights

Look at the post by Nathan (no 6) here http://www.fordowner...twell-lighting/

That shows you the locations of the bulb holders. If they are fitted and wired then you just need to buy the bulbs in your colour choice, and they are £2 or so delivered for a pair on Ebay. Some cars have the wiring and holders in place, others have just the bulb hoilder but no wiring , others have nothing.

If the wiring and holders are in place then just slot a bulb in to check it's OK, and when you come to finally put in the LEDS remember they only work one way, if they don't light up rotate them 180* and try again.

its a mk 6 tho

Did any mk6's have footwell lighting??

i dont no tbh

i dont no tbh

yes all fords have them since around 1997 i think,

but the same principas, some have wiring for them and some not, some have sockets and no power.

yipee at last they have arrivedSAM_1288.jpg

Mine looks more or less the same as this, aside from a red moodlight just above the glovebox. Decided to give the nice chinese chap on eBay another £2.20 and change em to red :D

Gotta be blue, especially with the sony head unit.

IMG_0190.jpg

Are there any places in the UK where I can buy those red lights, I don't mind paying more money, I don't use eBay.

Love love love these I suppose I would have to get red because on my crappy ford stereo but I could get pink to match my car paintwork :)

Here you go, fill your boots but post some pics after.

Disco: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISCO-6-LED-INTERIOR-W5W-501-BULB-VIDEO-LISTING-VW-GOLF-MK5-PLUS-ONLY-/300651451521?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4600391481

...and a selection of pink: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=w5w+pink+12+led&_sacat=0

Good luck!

On a separate note I was concerned to see a white Zetec S with pink rear tinted windows on the way into work yesterday. I thought it was some company gimmick car but seems not.

Here you go, fill your boots but post some pics after.

Disco: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4600391481

...and a selection of pink: http://www.ebay.co.u...12 led&_sacat=0

Good luck!

On a separate note I was concerned to see a white Zetec S with pink rear tinted windows on the way into work yesterday. I thought it was some company gimmick car but seems not.

I wanna see a pic of the Funky Chicken! :P

I am tempted by the Discos just for a giggle, got me some red ones, will post pics later tonight, after that strange orange globe in the sky goes away whatever it is. :huh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club