Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Head Unit In My Focus

Jacobus

Hi guys, I would like to change my radio in my 2007 Ford Focus TDCI. I would like to still be able to use my audio controls on my steering.

Is there anyone who changed theirs?, and what head unit would you suggest?

Thank you in advance.

If you want to change for a non ford double or single din radio you will need a replacement radio fascia, mounting kit, loom adaptor and to ensure it will work with the steering control (an adaptor is required for this too). Also get a set of radio removal tools (4 tools needed).

Thank you, any brand you would recommend? I want to change it to a double din radio. Will I get the adaptor with the new radio, or should I get them from my nearest dealer?

Sorry for asking so many questions… ^_^

If you want to change for a non ford double or single din radio you will need a replacement radio fascia, mounting kit, loom adaptor and to ensure it will work with the steering control (an adaptor is required for this too). Also get a set of radio removal tools (4 tools needed).

as stoney has mentioned,

you will require this pack for a double din stereo fitment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DFPK-07-17-Ford-Focus-Double-DIN-Stereo-Fitting-Kit-/160516797509?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255f8bf445

then you will also require a steering stalk adaptor, but these are specific to the brand of stereo you purchase for example if you buy a JVC stereo then you will require a JVC to ford stalk adaptor to get the controls to work the new stereo.

i found car audio direct to be ver competitive on price and great customer service when i was fitting subs and a stereo o my previous motor.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/

Thank you again guys, this has helped alot.

• 3 weeks later...

Its really not difficult to do. I did mine and i'm useless. It took me a couple of hours at most to remove the Ford stereo fit the iso wiring harness, adapter to control the stereo with the steering wheel controls, single din trim and fit my nice new Alpine Stereo into the cage. Mind you it then took me three years to pull the ipod cable through to the glovebox :unsure:

Graham