Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S (Casper)

MikeM87

Hi,

My names Mike, I'm new so the site so be kind :P aways loved Ford's but never thought I'd own one being a Vauxhall fan too. In the past I've had two corsa's and a Clio but thought it was time to try something new.

I've just purchased a Ford Fiesta MK7 Zetec S 1.6 Petrol in white, hence the name Casper. I traded in a 1.2 (2008) corsa design and must say i'm impressed so far. The car itself comes with the street pack and bluetooth. I went to view 4 of them in one day and knew this was the one on seeing it as it came with the options I wanted.

I've no modifications so far although I've ordered some L.E.D registration light bulbs and will also be getting some red footwell lights too and maybe some replacement bulbs for the headlights. Previously had H.I.D's before but unsure on having these again.

Anyway i'll post a few pics so any comments are much appreciated :)

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

fez2.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Mike.

aways loved Ford's but never thought I'd own one being a Vauxhall fan too. In the past I've had two corsa's and a Clio but thought it was time to try something new.

Welcome to the forum! Clearly I'm biased but you have chosen the best colour!

You might wanna remove that bit before the mob comes after you :P

(I'm joking!)

(....or am I?)

Lovely motor Mike.

I`ll second that....You`ve got the best colour.

I`m sure you will enjoy owning your Ford Fiesta and plenty of advice here to help you with any ideas or issues you may have. :)

Looks stunning.

White is definitely the new Black although as mine is Black, I am already ahead you when Black becomes the new White.

Looks stunning.

White is definitely the new Black although as mine is Black, I am already ahead you when Black becomes the new White.

Forward thinking that mate. I like... :D

Welcome to the forum! Clearly I'm biased but you have chosen the best colour!

You might wanna remove that bit before the mob comes after you :P

(I'm joking!)

(....or am I?)

Did I see some swear words?

Spit spit spit.

At least you finally admitted your mistakes and came over to the good side. ;) :P :D

Seriously though, welcome to the forum, excellent car.

Looks stunning.

lol :lol:

Hi,

My names Mike, I'm new so the site so be kind :P aways loved Ford's but never thought I'd own one being a Vauxhall fan too. In the past I've had two corsa's and a Clio but thought it was time to try something new.

I've just purchased a Ford Fiesta MK7 Zetec S 1.6 Petrol in white, hence the name Casper. I traded in a 1.2 (2008) corsa design and must say i'm impressed so far. The car itself comes with the street pack and bluetooth. I went to view 4 of them in one day and knew this was the one on seeing it as it came with the options I wanted.

I've no modifications so far although I've ordered some L.E.D registration light bulbs and will also be getting some red footwell lights too and maybe some replacement bulbs for the headlights. Previously had H.I.D's before but unsure on having these again.

Anyway i'll post a few pics so any comments are much appreciated :)

Mike.

Welcome to FOC Mike. Great pics of a great looking car there.

Enjoy your stay.

Paul :)

Looks stunning.

Close but wrong, Moondust Silver is the new black, thats the new white, thats the new black. Although My Wife would say we are all wrong and Purple is the new everything.

Never really seen the attractions of white, you have to love the car a lot as you'll be swashing it an awful lot, gold and blue were better at hiding a grubby car, and I know mines silver, I too had the "ooh all the options I want" moment when I looked at a few on the forecourt.

Re the HIDS, the highways agency will probably class them as illegal and you'llhave to swap them out every MOT (or find someone who will look another way), as well as getting pulled by the police for giggles a lot. Consider the projector type headlights if you must (can't see if yours already has them) but as Ford don't make Fiesta HIDS for the UK market you'll never get a fully legal part to swap in.

Anyone upgraded from standard to projector headlights and how much better are they?

Close but wrong, Moondust Silver is the new black, thats the new white, thats the new black. Although My Wife would say we are all wrong and Purple is the new everything.

Never really seen the attractions of white, you have to love the car a lot as you'll be swashing it an awful lot, gold and blue were better at hiding a grubby car, and I know mines silver, I too had the "ooh all the options I want" moment when I looked at a few on the forecourt.

Re the HIDS, the highways agency will probably class them as illegal and you'llhave to swap them out every MOT (or find someone who will look another way), as well as getting pulled by the police for giggles a lot. Consider the projector type headlights if you must (can't see if yours already has them) but as Ford don't make Fiesta HIDS for the UK market you'll never get a fully legal part to swap in.

Anyone upgraded from standard to projector headlights and how much better are they?

Congrats on the new car!

HiDs in a Fiesta would be fine. I've seen them in action and to be honest on a car as classy as a Zetec S with its good quality optics, they look factory fit. The projector lenses fitted give an extremely sharp cut off which is essential as to not blind on coming traffic. Stick to a sensible colour and you should be fine ( ie under 6000k)

Also regarding the MoT. They won't fail for having the HIds in and no washers/levelling.

A lot of people have interpreted the information incorrectly.

If you had a car with factory fit Xenons this will have self levelling and headlight washers.

Because the systems are fitted to the car they must be working with the new rules, in the same way that ESP, ABS and airbag systems must now work if fitted.

The fiesta never had auto levelling and washers fitted so the tester cannot test for them. It really is as simple as that.

It won't fail on beam pattern as I've already stated the projectors offer a very sharp beam.

Very blue bulbs may score a fail due to there restricted light output so again stick below 6000k and 55 watt.

Before I get shot down I must add that I hate as much as anyone here, cars that have 8000k 35w Hids in standard reflectors. I don't think there is anything more blinding!

Fantastic pictures! I am now tempted to go and chop the Focus in tomorrow for another Fez ;)

They are great cars, and there are some great subtley modded ones on here you can take inspiration from.

Enjoy it :)

Also regarding the MoT. They won't fail for having the HIds in and no washers/levelling.

A lot of people have interpreted the information incorrectly.

It appears the DOT also mis interpret the law - http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/dft-information-sheets/aftermarket-hid-headlamps.pdf it's clear that if they are not self leveling and have washers they are illegal, if the car doesnt have washers / levelers factory fitted they have to be retro fitted too to stay within the law.

Couple of key points on that document

In the Department for Transport's (DfT) view it is not legal to sell or use after market HID lighting kits, for converting conventional Halogen headlamps to HID Xenon. If a customer wants to convert his vehicle to Xenon HID he must purchase completely new Xenon HID headlamps.

Therefore a HID headlamp unit sold in the aftermarket should:

be type approved to ECE Regulation 98 as a component;

when fitted to the vehicle should enable ECE Regulation 48 to be complied with (although no government inspection will take place); and

comply with RVLR as far as "use" is concerned.

In practice this means:

The headlamp unit (outer lens, reflector, bulb) shall be type approved to ECE 98 and be "e-marked" to demonstrate this. That can only be done by the headlamp supplier - Hella, Valeo etc. - who must test the headlamp in an independent laboratory.

Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

The headlamp must be maintained in good working order, kept clean, and aligned/adjusted correctly in the same way as any other headlamp.

Now don't get me wrong if you want to fit HIDS go ahead, the MOT tester may not check (although they should since the 2012 test is tighter than before), but don't be under the illusion that they are legal in the UK unless you swap the entire light assembley to a suitable model (and as Ford don't make one that will be hard to get )and have the right self leveler/ washers added to them.

Theres a good reasons people who sell them in the UK mark them show use only

I wasn't referring to the DOT document though. It is common knowledge that putting HIDs in a housing not designed for them is not technically legal and is at the owners risk.UK companies put for show use to cover their backs legally. In the DOT document where it mentions about fitting washers and levelling,it is of course on about a legal conversion done by a company such as Hella not your 90 pound HIDs in a box job. These legal conversions cost several hundred pounds and must be done as if it was factory fit hence the cost. Again I'll mention that from an MOT testers point of view they will only fail illegal conversions on bad beam, wrong level, or poor light output (eg super bluebulbs) and not simply for being present.

Love this! Part of me would change my Focus Zetec S for the Fiesta Zetec S....just wouldn't like the cash I'd have to pay out!

Awesome car matey!

Looks stunning.

lol

thanks guys loving the car. Ordered a few bits so will keep this thread up dated :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club