• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• AJ_sXe

• James Rosier

• Stoney871

Deffo getting one now!!

I think all the black Fez's are gonna end up all looking the same!

We should start an army!

Yeah man!

Looks rocking!!

Does this impact on the insurance in anyway? And if not where can i get me one of these :)

Does this impact on the insurance in anyway? And if not where can i get me one of these :)

I don't see how, it doesn't affect performance or make it any less safe....maybe more steal-able but if they were gonna steal it they would have done it by now.

Love it mate.

Can the old number plate be salvaged? I assume it's just some self tapping screws to fit it?

Love it mate.

Can the old number plate be salvaged? I assume it's just some self tapping screws to fit it?

Yes you can, I just wanted a shinier new one that I fitted with sticky pads

lol sorry Bunny looks like our cars are gonna be almost twins! lol

Looks like we may have quintuplets on here if this keeps up!

Mines on its way too lol, oh dear - there's gonna be a set of clones. Although mine will still be a little different and probably win the 'chrome !Removed!' title :( - (altho the top chrome bit under the ford badge may get removed if it all looks a bit too much).

I'll also be buying a two line plate for the front just to see what it would look like, so will post a pic of that too when its being trialled. (Would it be legal to keep it if I like it Stoney? - (legally sized 2 line plate like 4x4s and taxis have on the rear, and with legally sized and spaced letters???)

Oh and out of 10 Allan how easy and quick is the change over.

(Looks good btw, thanks for the pics dude)

I was thinking the two line number plate! I think it will look good on the rear :)

Oh and out of 10 Allan how easy and quick is the change over.

With the help of Nath's YouTube video:

I would say it was a 7/8 (easy with some niggles) mostly the hardest part was getting the old grill off as it was not happy about it!

I was thinking the two line number plate! I think it will look good on the rear :)

Sure you were, copycat! ;)

Maybe if the boot lid had a deeper indent for the plate like the US fiesta does, but Im not sure how it'd look on ours. You should try the rear for us and I'll try the front. (I originally planned on getting the Asian/Aussie upgrade grille simply coz it doesn't have the british sized plate shaped into the plastic like our standard ones do - and therefore would not make a front 2 line plate so wrong).

With the help of Nath's YouTube video:

I would say it was a 7/8 (easy with some niggles) mostly the hardest part was getting the old grill off as it was not happy about it!

ah, cheers

Sure you were, copycat! ;)

Maybe if the boot lid had a deeper indent for the plate like the US fiesta does, but Im not sure how it'd look on ours. You should try the rear for us and I'll try the front. (I originally planned on getting the Asian/Aussie upgrade grille simply coz it doesn't have the british sized plate shaped into the plastic like our standard ones do - and therefore would not make a front 2 line plate so wrong).

haha i am not copying you....(much) haha

yeah ill get my local garage, (which my uncle ownes, not ford tho) to get me a two line number plate for the rear.

I need opinions before I fit the aussie grille to my black fiesta....

I got a 2 line plate just to see what it would look like (coz Im obsessed with U.S stuff so this shape is closer to their size plates than the normal british ones are), if it looks crap then no big deal, I'll put my old standard plate back on.

But before I drill into the 2 liner, where do your think it should go:

higherorlower.jpg

higherorlower2.jpg

You might just be able to make out on the pic above that the grille has a plastic lip at the top, so this would need to be cut into and flattened in the centre so the plate could rest flat, rather than tilting forwards down to the road a bit.

Please post your suggestions.

id go higher mate,

and put a pad at the rear top of the plate so as it is mounted in a way that it leans in to the grill at the bottom,

this will force more air in to the engine

id go higher mate,

and put a pad at the rear top of the plate so as it is mounted in a way that it leans in to the grill at the bottom,

this will force more air in to the engine

Hmm, I just thought if it was flat it wouldn't look so after market kinda thing and slapped on. Plus wouldn't it be better flat for speed cameras etc? :s

Hmm, I just thought if it was flat it wouldn't look so after market kinda thing and slapped on. Plus wouldn't it be better flat for speed cameras etc? :s

WTF.gif ''wouldn't it be better flat for speed cameras etc?''

What & why?

so as they can fine you?

why dont you stick your bank account details on the bottom of the reg so as they dont even need to post you the bill.police.gif they can charge you directly from the photo. woohoo.gif

mount it flat if you want to mate, it may look out of place sitting at an angle.

lol Point taken. Was thinking is this something for the police to comment on on the off chance I'm pulled over - just as theres always a debate if 2 line plates are legal to start with on non-import/4x4s/taxis/hyundais, but the plate maker shop I got them off said they are perfectly legal so as of this morning I'm not worrying about it anymore

lol Point taken. Was thinking is this something for the police to comment on on the off chance I'm pulled over - just as theres always a debate if 2 line plates are legal to start with on non-import/4x4s/taxis/hyundais, but the plate maker shop I got them off said they are perfectly legal so as of this morning I'm not worrying about it anymore

not sure about the uk mate,

but over here the two types of plate are 100% legal and you bay even be allowed to go for a slighty smaller square too.

stoney will advise you better on the law but i dont see any problems,

i admire your care for compliance though.icon_e_smile.gif