Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Normal??

AJ_sXe

Ok I have two issues I would like some feedback on.

Firstly - is this amount of rust normal? (on front cross beam)

dsc0073sp.jpg

dsc0074pt.jpg

dsc0075b.jpg

Secondly - Does anyone else have a big gap bewteen the end of their handbrake gaiter and the central section? (circled)

dsc0087eo.jpg

Hey dude!

Number 1 I don't know yet as I havnt taken the grille of yet!

And 2 there is a big gap in mine! Which then collects loads of dirt! Which is not nice!

Its annoying, I have that gap and the rubber doesn't cover the opening below that either, was just checking if I was alone or not :unsure:

the panel would be subjet to salt and grit from the road in the winter months mate,

aswell as chips from stones so the paint would have been pelted with stones then the moisture would seap in to the crevices in the panel followed by freexing temps which would make the water expand thus cracking the paint then blister.

salt get in then the panel begins to rust, and the location it is their is less chance of it getting power washed reguraly.

this may be somthing for the 2012 fiesta owners to put some chip guard film over the panel before the rust begins.

The gap at the handbrake is a major bugbare of mine.... although it acts as a piggy bank for me, I'll need to empty it whenever I sell the car.

We know/assume that newer cars these days pretty much do not rust, and while this is in area prone to the elements, it really isn't good enough is it!

I had a 1994 Vauxhall Carlton Diplomat and the whole of the bottom was solid, this is because, as I understand, they PROPERLY PAINTED the god damn car! Also there were no dents, because the metal was thicker! I had someone kicking the drivers door in once, no marks! I reversed into a Fiesta (Sorry!), it bent the bonnet, front grille and the metal behind the grill etc, and there was not even a scratch on my car, I couldn't believe it.

I think that some companies just don't make cars as well as they should, and at the moment Ford seems to be one.

We know/assume that newer cars these days pretty much do not rust, and while this is in area prone to the elements, it really isn't good enough is it!

I had a 1994 Vauxhall Carlton Diplomat and the whole of the bottom was solid, this is because, as I understand, they PROPERLY PAINTED the god damn car! Also there were no dents, because the metal was thicker! I had someone kicking the drivers door in once, no marks! I reversed into a Fiesta (Sorry!), it bent the bonnet, front grille and the metal behind the grill etc, and there was not even a scratch on my car, I couldn't believe it.

I think that some companies just don't make cars as well as they should, and at the moment Ford seems to be one.

:lol: nice story mate,

the ford range are dip coated in zinc so if they get chipped down to the metal rust creep sets in,

but i did see a pulse rust protector before that sends micro pulses from the battery to the body of the car to prevent rust even on bare metal..

i must try to source that again think the unit was £80-£120 a bit expensive but worth it if you plan to keep the car forever.