Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Boot Trim

martyntdci

me and my bro just went a local car auctions, parked car out side for approx 1hr. came back to it and the chrome boot strip thats on the titaniums was almost hanging off.

1 how are these fixed on? looks like a sticky pad, no clips or screws visable?

2 is there any way that anybody can get in the boot with this almost hanging off??

3 is this a easy fix?

Many Many thanks for info in advance ;) ;)

me and my bro just went a local car auctions, parked car out side for approx 1hr. came back to it and the chrome boot strip thats on the titaniums was almost hanging off.

1 how are these fixed on? looks like a sticky pad, no clips or screws visable?

2 is there any way that anybody can get in the boot with this almost hanging off??

3 is this a easy fix?

Many Many thanks for info in advance ;) ;)

Hi mate,

not possible to get in to the boot with the panel removed, its fixed with five M6 bolts drilled through the boot panel then held by lock nuts on the inside, perhaps the vandal thought your car was for auction and would eliminate other potential bidders by wrecking it a bit.

you will most likely need a new chrome panel because chrome will show up the slightest of dents,

here is a link to an aftermarket panel,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-08-10-Hatch-Chrome-Boot-Trunk-Lid-Trim-Cover-/330530576864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100&hash=item4cf52859e0

any pictures of the dammage mate?

here are some images of how the boot panel is fitted and what lies beneath

Image1172.jpg

Image1787.jpg

Image1213.jpg

just had a closer look lenny, and the plastic brackets what the bolts bolt onto are snapped off, and all the glue sticky pad (goes around the outside) is non exsistant now. so a new 1 is a must :-( fooking vandels

just had a closer look lenny, and the plastic brackets what the bolts bolt onto are snapped off, and all the glue sticky pad (goes around the outside) is non exsistant now. so a new 1 is a must :-( fooking vandels

i can check it for a part number for you mate,

you may want to tape up the holes to prevent water engress and im pretty sure these panels come colour coded from ford unless you plan to fit the chrome panel on it again, then the colour wont matter.

unsure, but mayb chrome panel again..... this is gonna cost me lol

yes please, that would be great if you could find the part number..... thanks lenny

Holy Mackrel they are around £150 and come colour coded so if you tell me the car colour i can give you the specific number or if you want the chrome one here are the numbers

regardless of what panel you choose you will need the foam seal for around it which is FINIS1532509 cost less than £8

Chrome Panel with keyless entry : FINIS1567720

Chrome without Keyless Entry: FINIS1581833

• Like 1

what site did you use to get the prices? is the chrome 1 still the same price?

what site did you use to get the prices? is the chrome 1 still the same price?

i used microcat ford software on my PC mate,

prices may have dropped since but if you contact a dealers locally or through eBay and give them the part numbers they will give you an up to date price.

ive just sent you a personal message mate,

ive found a replacment for you that may be the answer.

thanks lenny, going try a few major breakers tomorrow to see if they have any in, failing that il be down ford before dinner time ordering a new 1.... in the famous word of victor meldrew...... i carnt believe it lol

thanks lenny, going try a few major breakers tomorrow to see if they have any in, failing that il be down ford before dinner time ordering a new 1.... in the famous word of victor meldrew...... i carnt believe it lol

lol wasnt it '' I dont believe it''

man my grandmother used to love that show and father ted had an episode with him in it too.

nice memory you give me their lol

anyways for tomorrow mate bring a philips head screwdriver to remove the screws fron the inside boot panel off the focus in the breakers, then a wrench with an extended tip and an M6 and M8 socket head to remove the strip from the boot.

both the boot button and the reg plate lights unplug from the loom inside the boot, so if you pop the centre grommet they will come off with the panel.

good luck and i hope you fid one in the breakers instead of going to the ''Stealers''

cheers dude, got the full box set of 1 foot in the grave like 16 disks i think, the misses loves him, says im like him but tbh i carnt see it lol. used to watch father ted also, the drunken priest used to make me pmsl..... tbh i was going to ask as ive not had the rear panel off,.... When i changed the number plate bulbs i just popped them out from the outside....

cheers dude, got the full box set of 1 foot in the grave like 16 disks i think, the misses loves him, says im like him but tbh i carnt see it lol. used to watch father ted also, the drunken priest used to make me pmsl..... tbh i was going to ask as ive not had the rear panel off,.... When i changed the number plate bulbs i just popped them out from the outside....

lol if i had to be one of those characters id be father Jack lol feck, drink, !Removed!, and ford,

but i get very ratty when the schooligans wander in to my drive way so i can be a victor

forgot to mention to take care when you remove the inside rear panel of the boot because the metal supprt parts inside the boot panel are rasor sharp on the edges, so watch the knuckles when removing the nuts. and to save strain on the arms i sat in the boot facing outwards then pulled the boot down on to my lap,

makes it much easier to work with lol

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, the exact same thing has happened to me - my Ford Focus Titanium 2009 has had its boot trim stolen (badge and boot lock has been taken too). It's a chrome one and I can't seem to find one anywhere online and would prefer not to go through a dealer as it'll cost so much more.

I tried the link you posted here but it's not listed any more. Since you were so helpful to the other guy this happened to I wondered whether you might be able to help me?

Thanks so much for your help! :-)

Best advice is fit the black one they are easier to come by far cheaper and less tempting to try and steal

Of course the problem is that you also need to source new numberplate lights and a boot release switch too plus get them re-wired.

Of course the problem is that you also need to source new numberplate lights and a boot release switch too plus get them re-wired.

I've got a full mk2.5 boot panel in moondust silver bought for when my illuminating badge light goes out.

So I can supply the wiring loom for the reg plate units aswell as the electronic boot lift handle,

Both have pre moulded connectors to plug in to inside the boot panel,

20 pounds including delivery,

So you would just need the plastic Shell panel and two reg bulb units.

• 3 years later...

ok   so  some  1  tried  to  remove  my   v tail  gate  handle  too  & bust  it  where  can i  get  a replacement  please  

21 minutes ago, katkwak said:

ok   so  some  1  tried  to  remove  my   v tail  gate  handle  too  & bust  it  where  can i  get  a replacement  please  

eBay, breakers yards, Fords. Plenty of options really, depends if you want new or used too.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys

It seems I too have been a victim.  Although not convincingly, I cannot believe the damage I am now witnessing to my rear/hatch handle trim has broken by itself.  (All 'lugs' that attach the main body of the trim to the bolts that secure it to the hatchback have all snapped and the trim is sort of hanging away only held on by whatever bonding is left in the rubber trim behind it.  It seems it has been jemmied but half-heartedly and for sheer devilment.)

Anyway,  so Ive looked and I think what I am after is one of these:  http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?keywords=1581833   (I THINK that is the correct part number of the genuine product but cant be 100% sure - maybe someone can confirm.  Im a Focus Mk2.5 2008).  You see that one is £178 - I dread to think what the Ford dealer is going to charge.

As you can see the prices are ridiculous.

Ive looked on eBay (a lot of COVERS that fit over them (for £30 ish) but no full replacement trims - 2nd hand or otherwise (not that I can find anyway).  And unfortunately there are no breakers around where I live for me to approach.

So I am here asking you guys if anyone knows anyone that has one going spare, or knows of a good source where I can get one for a more reasonable price. (Do you still have yours going, Lenny?  Im aware this is nearly 4 years later from your offer above).

Thanks again for your help, chaps.

32 minutes ago, jimimaseye said:

Hi Guys

It seems I too have been a victim.  Although not convincingly, I cannot believe the damage I am now witnessing to my rear/hatch handle trim has broken by itself.  (All 'lugs' that attach the main body of the trim to the bolts that secure it to the hatchback have all snapped and the trim is sort of hanging away only held on by whatever bonding is left in the rubber trim behind it.  It seems it has been jemmied but half-heartedly and for sheer devilment.)

Anyway,  so Ive looked and I think what I am after is one of these:  http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?keywords=1581833   (I THINK that is the correct part number of the genuine product but cant be 100% sure - maybe someone can confirm.  Im a Focus Mk2.5 2008).  You see that one is £178 - I dread to think what the Ford dealer is going to charge.

As you can see the prices are ridiculous.

Ive looked on Ebay (a lot of COVERS that fit over them (for £30 ish) but no full replacement trims - 2nd hand or otherwise (not that I can find anyway).  And unfortunately there are no breakers around where I live for me to approach.

So I am here asking you guys if anyone knows anyone that has one going spare, or knows of a good source where I can get one for a more reasonable price. (Do you still have yours going, Lenny?  Im aware this is nearly 4 years later from your offer above).

Thanks again for your help, chaps.

Why not try using Araldyte Rapid (lots of it) and fix the trim. It can be done, mine was hanging off the body of the car so I stripped the internal trim of the bootlid off and glued all the lugs back on. Way cheaper than getting a new one! 

• Like 1

All the lugs and bolts are still attached to the boot itself.  The 'departure' is from the trim and its own lugs and bolts (where the lugs and bolts are the bits that then attach and hold on to the boot lid).  So to glue it would need something like a tube of no-nails to squirt in behind the trim and push it towards the metal boot - not practical or neat.

• 5 months later...

The same has happened to mine. Has anyone found any like for like alternatives before I Shell out for a new part?

I will try breakers yards too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BrightonSam said:

The same has happened to mine. Has anyone found any like for like alternatives before I shell out for a new part?

I will try breakers yards too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you want chrome ? or specific color ?

i ordered some from poland - aftermarket but great quality quick and simple swap.

But i saw them on eBay as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club