Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Boot Trim

martyntdci

I bought this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172816404581

It needed a tad adjustment to get one of the bolts located in snuggly but theb it wasnt a £200 original. All done in the end and good enough for the rest of the cars  life time.

Need to get a replacement badge though.  That'll be 20 odd quid for an original. 

12 hours ago, jimimaseye said:

I bought this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172816404581

It needed a tad adjustment to get one of the bolts located in snuggly but theb it wasnt a £200 original. All done in the end and good enough for the rest of the cars  life time.

Need to get a replacement badge though.  That'll be 20 odd quid for an original. 

take hairddryer and you can remove badge from old one just be carefull , I swap on mine.

Yep I'm aware of the method....NOW. Sadly I wasn't aware of the method before i attempted to gemmy it off and then took the drill to it. :sad:

• 3 months later...

Me too ☹️ - Shocked at the replacement price for the chrome one.  It was coming away at the top, so took it off to take a closer look and all the tags on the brackets are broken at the top, tbh, I don't think it's vandals, more likely a weak spot, it's only ABS plastic and when one goes, the increased strain causes the rest to quickly follow, I reckon.

So now I've back on loosely, with a cable tie around it and through the holes for one of the broken brackets.  So looking for better options than £250 for new chrome one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimimaseye said:

That is a better option, I've ordered it, thanks.  I assume it's a Chinese knockoff, but based on the seller reviews, it does the job and that's all I want.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, MartinFC said:

Me too ☹️ - Shocked at the replacement price for the chrome one.  It was coming away at the top, so took it off to take a closer look and all the tags on the brackets are broken at the top, tbh, I don't think it's vandals, more likely a weak spot, it's only ABS plastic and when one goes, the increased strain causes the rest to quickly follow, I reckon.

So now I've back on loosely, with a cable tie around it and through the holes for one of the broken brackets.  So looking for better options than £250 for new chrome one. 

Should’ve removed it and built up the supports that are broken with LOTS of araldyte rapid. That fixes it and it dries within 15 minutes. Did mine a while back on my titanium as I refuse to pay the price Ford ask! A few quid for a pack of araldyte rapid and 30 minutes of your time is better even than that one on e-bay at £105!

On 6/3/2018 at 6:54 PM, Russ said:

Should’ve removed it and built up the supports that are broken with LOTS of araldyte rapid. That fixes it and it dries within 15 minutes. Did mine a while back on my titanium as I refuse to pay the price Ford ask! A few quid for a pack of araldyte rapid and 30 minutes of your time is better even than that one on e-bay at £105!

TBH, I've never had much luck gluing broken stuff back together, so I'd just be waiting for it to go again 🙂.  The eBay one arrived a few days ago, it's a Polish pattern part, well packed and good comms from that seller - the quality, esp. the internal casting is not as good as the original and I had to do a bit of filing on the threaded inserts to get them to line up, but it's all on now, looks ok and solid.  The hardest part was getting the old badge off, that was stuck on HARD 😣...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MartinFC said:

🙂The ebay one arrived a few days ago, it's a Polish pattern part, well packed and good comms from that seller - the quality, esp. the internal casting is not as good as the original and I had to do a bit of filing on the threaded inserts to get them to line up, but it's all on now, looks ok and solid.

That is EXACTLY the same story and response I gave for mine.  Obviously being built by the same manufacturer.  Took a little work but once on all good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club