Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Contemplating Some Modifications.

b1g_dav3

Hey guys, looking at a few upgrades for a Fiesta 1.6 TDCi (not my own, but I'm tempted to do a few of the mods :P). Could do with a few pointers really, what bits to get off which vehicles if possible and so on.

Current list:

- Turbocharger; The Fiesta has one tiny charger, anything off another vehicle that could be a better choice?

- Bleed valve; Considering this on my own to be honest, it's not hard to remove come service time,

- Front Mount Intercooler; bigger is better and the colder the air, the more power - probably buying new,

- Uprated Injectors; Am I right in thinking a 1.6 Focus has bigger injectors? If not, any suggestions?

- Remap; Not sure the stock ECU would like these modifications,

- Exhaust; Turbo-back, again not sure the stock exhaust would be a happy bunny,

- Blow-off Valve; Recirculating, my mate and I aren't chavs,

- Citroen Gearbox; Got one sitting in the car, the boot that is, doesn't work so well right now sat in there,

- Strut Braces; Got these sorted and on the vehicle already.

That seems about it, not lowering it, not putting rims on it, not putting 'Bang Tidy' stickers on it, so there we go :P.

Any help/input from you guys? Mainly need info on turbo and injectors really, we don't really want to fork out loads on a turbo when a scrappers one will do fine.

I also have a 1.6 tdci! Would swaping the turbo and inter cooler from a focus up my power?

well ontop of a turbo, you will need to either get it live mapped or run something like an omex to control it.

personally for all serious mods i would go to people like, jamsport, burton power, oc developments. they know what there talking about and will steer you in the right direction. it wont be cheap tho

Well I was thinkin for now just poppin a tuning box on and a decent induction kit, should increase power abit

I also have a 1.6 tdci! Would swaping the turbo and inter cooler from a focus up my power?

Pointless really as far as the Intercooler is concerned, may as well get a large front mount, as for the turbo I'm not sure.

well ontop of a turbo, you will need to either get it live mapped or run something like an omex to control it.

personally for all serious mods i would go to people like, jamsport, burton power, oc developments. they know what there talking about and will steer you in the right direction. it wont be cheap tho

I know a company down the road from my dad's work who can do the remap, and yeah I know about the costs, my mate says he wants to do it as he wants something with power, economy, and has to be a mk7 Fiesta. Lol.

Well I was thinkin for now just poppin a tuning box on and a decent induction kit, should increase power abit

Tuning box - yes, Induction kit - waste of money.

even the tuning boxes are rubbish. get the car mapped properly. By far the best gains for the price

even the tuning boxes are rubbish. get the car mapped properly. By far the best gains for the price

Unless in the warranty period :P

I always thought an induction kit would increase power very slightly but make it sound a little sweeter, I wanna try n hide the dieselness of my car lol, I'll be honest just Incase ur can't tell I don't no that much hahaha

N yeh I paid for an extended warranty

even under warranty, how are they going to check if its mapped or not? doubt they would go to all the hastle involed to do it.

You're not going to get rid of the diesel sound no matter what you do :P

As for the warranty, it's just in case work ever needs doing, my car's been in a few times now and don't fancy them suspecting something and testing -.-

No that's y I'm gunna go for the box for now, the extended warranty wasn't cheap so not worth the risk, would the induction kit create a whistling sound??

You're not going to get rid of the diesel sound no matter what you do :P

not completly true if you fitted a petrol engine the diesel sound would be gone he he :P :D :D

even under warranty, how are they going to check if its mapped or not? doubt they would go to all the hastle involed to do it.

Yes they would as soon as you make a performance upgrade even a tiny one it triggers something called a hex flag on the ecu that will show up as soon as ford plug into the car an then your engine warranty will be void

so the tuning box would do the same thing then...

so if your going to do some tuning, do it right first time and get it mapped properly :)

ive gave up on warranty. if it breaks down it breaks down.

That's my thinking really, hence why mine's remapped lol. It's just like having the 3 year old car without warranty, just as likely to go wrong.

so the tuning box would do the same thing then...

so if your going to do some tuning, do it right first time and get it mapped properly :)

ive gave up on warranty. if it breaks down it breaks down.

The way the warranty works is if you modify the engine for example it will no longer be covered but everything else on the car will still be covered under warranty