Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Photo Location Game

AJ_sXe

Yes and yes ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Nope, a no stopping zone does not count, far too easy.

Who has the big guns to step up??? Who wants to take a walk on the wild side????

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Nobody dare in case it is used as evidence against them

• Like 2

For my reference what dose a no parking zone sign look like haha I can't remember :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

no-parking-sign.jpg

That's the one thank you :)

this is a harsh challenge, and I thought the car wash I proposed was bad!

hmmm....

Well if anyone does find themselves completing this challenge, then I would suggest that if you loaned your car to a friend or family member and they completed this challenge on your behalf, I would say that if you were feeling really ill and you genuinely could not remember for the life of you who was driving your car, and you have a witness to say you were at home all day, then I dont believe you could be prosecuted ;)

On the other side, complete this challenge late evening if not nighttime where you are much less likely to get in trouble....

I will have to keep an eye out for this, but recently the car has been making a very funny noise and seems to be misbehaving! It would be terrible if my car conked out on me, even if it is at one of these no stopping points, I mean, I cant move a car that conks out now can I? so if I was to take a photo of the irony that I have broken down in a no stopping zone....

Hmmm, good excuses there.

Not sure of their legal validity though ;)

Saying that, sometimes I have to pull over to answer my radio when on the way to work/coming home as a requirement of being on call.

• Like 1

haha, I wonder if you could fabricate your own sign, tie it to a lampost and park in a legal spot? :P

Although Clive, answering the radio is one thing, but on the front of taking a photo...?

It is probably an offence to display the sign, lol.

I know some neighbours around my area have their own no stopping cones.... I might get lucky and catch those on the way home :p

Parking infringements are a civil offence rather than a Police offence now.

Unless a dangerous obstruction is occurring then it's not in our remit anymore.

TBH unless you've got a very picky Council or a very keen CEO that wotks outside office hours then you are very unlikely to get pinged.

Private parking schemes are another thing altogether though.

To put it into perspective, the previously council run housing estate (now a community housing scheme) adjacent to my house have recently introduced a 24 hours privately managed parking scheme which costs residents £30 a year to use whereas parking outside my house is council run and £35 per year but only restricted to permit holders from 9am to 7pm.

Consequently the tight so'n'so's avoid paying to park outside their flats at night and now steal all the spaces outside my property.

I do not have the right to park in their car parks which are now half empty and often have to park 5 streets away at night.

Not particularly fair in my view.

Rant over!

Stoney could you not take a trip to b&q to buy some nails and accidentally trip up and drop them by their tyres and not realise you didn't pick them all up?

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

I wish, I'm not that subtle though.

I'd just throw out some stop sticks and stand there smirking.

Anyway the rant continues!

The Housing scheme company (who took over all council properties in Plymouth) have a drop in office one road over which backs onto a Council carpark but have been issued 'Essential Workers' permits to park outside my house during office hours so I'm stuffed for parking during the day too.

I just can't win.

How is a housing clerk an essential worker and a Copper isn't?

You must know a few dodgy people though. Bung them a tenner and hey presto the cars disappeared. Lol

I'll just enter the vrn's onto the national terrorism database then every time they drive down my road (it has fixed ANPR at one end) they will get pinged and towed ;)

• Like 1

Good shout. Any chance I can pm you a few vrn's yo do the same? Lol

• Like 1

haha, love the idea Clive!

I would have thought a complaint to your local MP is in order, identifying yourself as a police officer, with the need for your vehicle to be parked outside your property with immediate access at all times for being on call, so you can throw the dogs into the car and off to the shout.

You might just get a Stoney Parking Only outside your house by the council.

Clearly the scheme around your area is taking the biscuit and I would definatey raise it with your MP!

Otherwise, its a shame you cant install bollards of your choosing! Could you not get the kerb dropped so that you can park in front of it only? AFAIK its illegal to parked infront of a dropped kerb which allows access to a property, unless you are the owner of the property, or have I misheard that?

Within the Highway Code there are two key phrases- 'should not' and 'must not'.

One is a courtesy thing and the other is Law.

Highway code says you 'should not' park in front of a driveway.

So legally you 'can' but expect to get filled in by the person who's house it is or expect some nice decorative stripes on your car.

that is true, but if its your driveway on your house only.... :D

perhaps a "No Parking At Any Time" outside the driveway / dropped kerb should deter others and then you can jump in your own space :D

Would a no stopping zone count?

Question

Nope, a no stopping zone does not count, far too easy.

Who has the big guns to step up??? Who wants to take a walk on the wild side????

Answer

no-parking-sign.jpg

Nice try Clive, lol i give you credit for trying but this is a no stopping zone sign, it's not the same as a no parking sign, good try

These no stopping signs are commonly found on red/yellow line road and or dual carriageways where there isn't a safe place to stop for any reason other than an emergency not even for loading, royal mail wouldn't be allowed to stop there it could be considered dangerous

A no parking zone means exactly that however you can stop and drop off and or load but not park obviously some places have time variations etc

This is a no parking sign

no-parking-illustrations-icons-39098918.

Parking infringements are a civil offence rather than a Police offence now.

Unless a dangerous obstruction is occurring then it's not in our remit anymore.

This is all everyone needs to know, it isn't a police offence although a copper can issue a ticket. as long you aren't parked dangerously it's okay now stop being a bunch of girly men and get on with it :lol:

BTW i would pay good money to see the dog arrest clive and put him in the cage :lol:

policedog.jpg

• Like 2

Don't think we have any of those signs around here.

Clive a guy on our street painted a white line at the end of his drive, surprisingly he's now known as "white line man" original eh? Trouble is it's !Removed! everyone off because he parks on it rather than his drive now. Selfish b*******d! It is coming to something though when you have to pay to park outside your own house and then can't even do that like we don't pay enough to drive we now can't afford to stop.

• Like 1

Nice littel rant there phil haha

I know I really need to chill a bit but......

Don't think we have any of those signs around here.

Clive a guy on our street painted a white line at the end of his drive, surprisingly he's now known as "white line man" original eh? Trouble is it's !Removed! everyone off because he parks on it rather than his drive now. Selfish b*******d! It is coming to something though when you have to pay to park outside your own house and then can't even do that like we don't pay enough to drive we now can't afford to stop.

It doesn't have to be that exact sign. It could simply just say "no parking" for example in front a set of council garages.

It's illegal to paint his own white line, Btw is the kerb dropped in front his drive?

On my road the parking is mental, £130 a year for a permit that allows you park on only one road with only 8 bays, and you aren't guaranteed a space either because after 5 anyone can park there for free !Removed! take

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club