Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Photo Location Game

AJ_sXe

I think this thread is getting a bit much when a member wishes to photograph their Ford in a park with an icecream van.

I think you need to get a grip of reality.

Ouch. Bad day?

I guess its a hard request but, look at all the other challenges, on a dual carriage way at the side, by tractors, by castles. Its all fun. I guess if you were a family orientated person who goes out to alot of places / parks / fun areas you'd probably see ice cream vans, i didn't say ice cream van to be anyway stupid. I assumed it was reasonable. You did not have to come in here and be like that mate.

I could have easily done this challenge if I hadn't of moved house! As he always stopped right outside the front of my house and im sure he wouldn't of minded if I made him wait a minute to take a picture because we spoke to him all the time. But unfortunately he doesn't come round where I live now and I don't know where he lives so i can't even sneak a pic! :(

I thought this seemed quite a reasonable challenge though. It's just trying to find one that isn't surrounded by kids obviously!

Ouch. Bad day?

I guess its a hard request but, look at all the other challenges, on a dual carriage way at the side, by tractors, by castles. Its all fun. I guess if you were a family orientated person who goes out to alot of places / parks / fun areas you'd probably see ice cream vans, i didn't say ice cream van to be anyway stupid. I assumed it was reasonable. You did not have to come in here and be like that mate.

+1 This thread is a bit of fun and welcome's those who wish to perticipate,

their are laws against taking pictures with other peoples kids in the image etc.so im out on this one,

Actually I don't think there are. It's frown upon but there are no specific laws against taking photos of kids. I know we use it as a reason at the theatere I usher for, but in reality it's copyright thats the issue and people fearing the worst of the photographer not a law.

Anyway may have this sussed tonight......

It's all about timing, you just wait until no kids are around.

Just to clarify though, there is no law against videoing or photographing in public as long as you have a legitimate reason and are not specifically targeting children or vulnerable people.

If in doubt, a quick explanation usually surfices.

Only law against photography applies to sites of critical national infrastructure such as powerplants or gas terminals or anywhere covered by the official secret acts (military bases or areas).

Actually I don't think there are. It's frown upon but there are no specific laws against taking photos of kids. I know we use it as a reason at the theatere I usher for, but in reality it's copyright thats the issue and people fearing the worst of the photographer not a law.

Anyway may have this sussed tonight......

Sorry I should have said in Ireland it’s against the law,

but anyways for those reasons and surrounding implications I won’t be taking part in this one lol i don’t want a mob outside my house setting my focus alight because i was saw taking pictures of the ice cream man.

I think you need to get a grip of reality.

At the end of the day, this thread is a bit of fun and is actually getting different people from around the forum (Fiesta and Focus owners) interacting with each other, which is surely what being on a forum is all about? People don't have to participate if they don't want to.

I didn't know a harmless game was in the realms of fantasy..... I'll refrain in future :( :unsure:

It's like a scavenger trail without the scavenging also it turns up some good car photos.

At the end of the day what's the point of coming together here in a mutual appreciation of cars if we don't get to see them.

Long live the thread. B)

It's like a scavenger trail without the scavenging also it turns up some good car photos.

At the end of the day what's the point of coming together here in a mutual appreciation of cars if we don't get to see them.

Long live the thread. B)

Couldn't agree more!

Hi everyone,Hi Paddy H, bad day -no not at all, I think you and others who have commented on my message don't get my meaning, it's not the difficulty of the task you set but the implications of a member actually taking pics with the possibility of someone,s children being on them.

You missunderstand I also think it's interesting to see members cars and have followed this thread with interest but the task set was in my opinion inappropriate and yes I am a family man.

I am now disapointed that members see my post as negative .

cheers.

Hi everyone,Hi Paddy H, bad day -no not at all, I think you and others who have commented on my message don't get my meaning, it's not the difficulty of the task you set but the implications of a member actually taking pics with the possibility of someone,s children being on them.

You missunderstand I also think it's interesting to see members cars and have followed this thread with interest but the task set was in my opinion inappropriate and yes I am a family man.

cheers.

As im am also a father of two children i agree with you on this post and apologise for my miss-understanding of what you meant in the previous post, as parents we are mindful of the precautions,

But those who do not yet have children of their own wouldn’t have considered those dangers entailed or be alert to that type of activity been seen as illegal or questionable

cheers.

Well to be honest, with how you replied in your first post there was no sign of a joke or anything you just seemed very straight forward and negative.

However that does not mean i don't understand your point, i guess when setting the challenge i had something different in mind unlike how you have. Theres a open forest park close by which always has an ice cream van there, its never busy and the amount of times iv parked up next to it to get my neice an ice cream is uncountable. Also i know where one ice cream van man lives and parks his van on the drive.. another easy picture.

I guess for some it is a hard challenge especially worse for those with children as they se this task differently. I do want to say sorry for offending anybody but please don't think i did it with intention?

I apologise, genuinely. Can we come to an agreement of changing the challenge guys?

Hi Paddy H and Lenny,

Paddy I now see that I should have been a lot more precise with my comment yesterday morning as we all know hindsight is a wonderful thing but non of us are perfect.

I was not looking for an apology fellas but thankyou very much.

I thank you for your understanding and I hope we can we move on from this as I have enjoyed being a member of this forum even though just for a short time .

As far as location I think the choice should be yours Paddy H .

Cheers.

I guess for some it is a hard challenge especially worse for those with children as they se this task differently. I do want to say sorry for offending anybody but please don't think i did it with intention?

I apologise, genuinely. Can we come to an agreement of changing the challenge guys?

I thank you for your understanding and I hope we can we move on from this as I have enjoyed being a member of this forum even though just for a short time .

As far as location I think the choice should be yours Paddy H .

Cheers.

a quick Google of ford ice cream van and i found this image of a ford ice cream van beside a focus which is in traffic on the opposite side of the road.

will this pass the requirments ?

5583061816_8dcf4dced6.jpg

Good enough for me, we'll put that one to bed and have a challenge which is less likely to cause offence to club members.

Is everyone happy with this decision?

This is a cool thread :)

I will look forward to joining in once it gets back on track :D

If everyone is in consensus the next challenge is on Lenny.

Next Challenge: Picture with your Ford Parked beside or close to a Flag of any sort

It had to be me to cause chaos haha. Apologies gents. Expect much easier and clean challenges from me in future.

It had to be me to cause chaos haha. Apologies gents. Expect much easier and clean challenges from me in future.

I reckon that warrants a penalty.

(stirring like mad) :P

I reckon that warrants a penalty.

(stirring like mad) :P

Well it IS my game.....should I make him pay the penalty??!?

No need, I just popped into central Newcastle :D

Nine floors up, with St Jame's Park visible in the background...

IMG_1428-1.jpg

Next challenge: a pic of your car (fully visible!) next to a flag, or at least with a flag in the background

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club