Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Zetec Photos

Alastair Robb

Hi Folks

Discovered this forum and have been inspired to have a little tinker and update a few things on my focus. First I only intend to do subtle cheap modifications as I have experience in the past of spending a lot of money on cars that you can never recoup when it is time to sell and I have lots of other errr.. demands on my wallet.

So far I have added LED side lights, LED interior bulb and Silver rear bulbs and on the inside updated the heater controls which is a quality mod. More to come and I will keep you updated with photos

IMG_0761-Edit.jpg

IMG_0801-Edit.jpg

IMG_0807-Edit.jpg

Hope you like

Al

Cheers Gav

Photography is my day job so I don't really have a excuse if my pics are not up to scratch.

Cheers Gav

Photography is my day job so I don't really have a excuse if my pics are not up to scratch.

photo.gif looks sweet mate,

i was just about to ask if you were a photographer because the focus on the pictures looks excellent in both terms of the word wag.gif

Ha cheers Lenny, will put more pics up as I make any changes. Got a few more bits from eBay that should be here this week :)

photo.gif looks sweet mate,

i was just about to ask if you were a photographer because the focus on the pictures looks excellent in both terms of the word wag.gif

Always full of puns Lenny!

Alastair, what else you got planned?

I wish i could use a camera like that! I just leave my dSLR on full auto!

Got a clear fog light and a courtesy light with the map lights in on the way.

Today I tinted the high level brake light which blends with the plastic spoiler, looks smart and not to boy racer. Has any one have any experience of using LED's in the high level brake light? Plenty of light still comes through but if the LED's are noticeably brighter then its got to be worth upgrading.

As for other stuff it will be a case of as time and more importantly money allows.

I wish i could use a camera like that! I just leave my dSLR on full auto!

Experiment Gav, there's a whole world beyond auto!

Do you think there would be call for some hints and tips of photographing fords/cars in general? I could put something together if there was interest.

Got a clear fog light and a courtesy light with the map lights in on the way.

Today I tinted the high level brake light which blends with the plastic spoiler, looks smart and not to boy racer. Has any one have any experience of using LED's in the high level brake light? Plenty of light still comes through but if the LED's are noticeably brighter then its got to be worth upgrading.

As for other stuff it will be a case of as time and more importantly money allows.

since you have purchased a clear fog unit,

you can use your red unit as a second socet in the clear one and upgrade to twin reverse with fog light in the same unit,

then purchase some cree Q5 reverse bulbs 110watts of light from the rear with both fitted.

see the guide in the list below my posts, for both mk2 and mk2.5 models.

id be interested in a photo guide if you had the time mate,

i reckon lots of people would benefit from it and post it in the guides section of the forum.

Experiment Gav, there's a whole world beyond auto!

Do you think there would be call for some hints and tips of photographing fords/cars in general? I could put something together if there was interest.

Massively mate!

But in plain english.. there's plenty of guides out there but all in 'photo' speak - which doesn't help people like me!

The subtle mods are the best ones as you can see the differences that the casual observer may miss.

You could get the LED brake light i did, it saves faffing around with bulbs and has more lights too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-2-LED-HIGH-LEVEL-BRAKELIGHT-/140791217032?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c7cf7b88

The light is a straight swap and takes a couple of minutes.

new2.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

3RDBrakeLight.jpg

The first picture looks like a genuine ford advert picture! Looks brilliant.

A guide in English for using a camera other than auto would be great help, I too just leave mine on auto most of the time, when im feeling brave I use macro for arty close ups haha.

since you have purchased a clear fog unit,

you can use your red unit as a second socet in the clear one and upgrade to twin reverse with fog light in the same unit,

then purchase some cree Q5 reverse bulbs 110watts of light from the rear with both fitted.

see the guide in the list below my posts, for both mk2 and mk2.5 models.

id be interested in a photo guide if you had the time mate,

i reckon lots of people would benefit from it and post it in the guides section of the forum.

Saw your guide for this mate. Will probably not bother though as I can't think of a single occasion where I have thought it would be useful to have a second reverse light. Might upgrade the bulbs though.

Massively mate!

But in plain english.. there's plenty of guides out there but all in 'photo' speak - which doesn't help people like me!

The first picture looks like a genuine ford advert picture! Looks brilliant.

A guide in English for using a camera other than auto would be great help, I too just leave mine on auto most of the time, when im feeling brave I use macro for arty close ups haha.

Cheers guys. A guide seems like a popular idea so I will get cracking. I think I will make it as straight forward as possible so that anyone no matter what camera they are using can benefit its amazing how a few tips and tricks can improve your pictures even if you are using a phone camera as many people are. If that goes well then I might do a slightly more in depth version for folk who want to get a bit more out of there dSLR.

Al

The subtle mods are the best ones as you can see the differences that the casual observer may miss.

You could get the LED brake light i did, it saves faffing around with bulbs and has more lights too.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c7cf7b88

The light is a straight swap and takes a couple of minutes.

3RDBrakeLight.jpg

That looks smart mate. The tint on my existing light looks pretty good so I am going to leave it for the time being but could be worth an upgrade in the future.

I'm thinking that some time i may change my main lights to these to balance it up and change my headlights for Zetec ones to get the moody look. :D

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fb82d0da

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19cf7320d5

they would look nice mate.

I would definitely be interested! I've just finished studying photography at college. Have never really got back round to taking some better shots of my car, always others!

It'd be good to get some more knowledge on taking photos of cars especially!

Nice piccys though, and enjoy your stay here! :)

Ha... We appear to have gone on a grail hunting tangent.

Did you say shrubberies?

I would definitely be interested! I've just finished studying photography at college. Have never really got back round to taking some better shots of my car, always others!

It'd be good to get some more knowledge on taking photos of cars especially!

Nice piccys though, and enjoy your stay here! :)

Cheer Ashleigh, Hope to have the guide up early next week.

Damn i just sold my DSLR. Car looks fantastic, your proffesion is very intresting... I could never get the aperture and shutter settings correct, i love photography just i suck!

I'm thinking that some time i may change my main lights to these to balance it up and change my headlights for Zetec ones to get the moody look. :D

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fb82d0da

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19cf7320d5

You f**ker mate!! lol,, I've just seen em and now I want em :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club