Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello - New Member

robbieguy2003

Hello All,

I've just signed up, had a bit of a look around over the last week or so and thought I should sign up.

Anyway, I bought a new Fiesta at the end of January, delivery was initially mid feb but has moved to Mid/Late March, only good thing about that is it'll be on an 09 plate.

Just can't wait to get in it now, I've ordered the 1.4 Petrol Zetec 3 door in black with bluetooth.

I live in Sussex, i've never really been to car meets but have a motorbike so go to lots of meets on that, not sure how different it is though.

Anyways - Hi :)

Cheers

Rob

Hey

Welcome to the forum.

Have you brought the car outright or finance/leasing type deal?

Happy posting :D

Hey Nipz, thanks for replying. I've done it on Ford options with a small deposit over 3 years. Decided to do it that way for a fairly trouble free car for 3 years.

robbieguy2003, welcome to the forum. Any reasons why the car has slipped back? I've ordered a Titamium mid January and could have had it for the 1st March but adding the Tech Pack has thrown it to mid March.

What bike do you ride? I've always be a Kwak man. Started off with a ZX6R, then a '9R (nice), then a '12R (big. green and very fast), then an all black '10R (sublime and vvv fast) and finally a VN900 Classic (slow and lots of chrome). Going from a '10R to the VN900 was interesting. :lol: The '10r was practically as fast in 1st gear as the VN is in top.

This ...to that. :rolleyes:

screen1.jpg

a.jpg

robbieguy2003, welcome to the forum. Any reasons why the car has slipped back? I've ordered a Titamium mid January and could have had it for the 1st March but adding the Tech Pack has thrown it to mid March.

What bike do you ride? I've always be a Kwak man. Started off with a ZX6R, then a '9R (nice), then a '12R (big. green and very fast), then an all black '10R (sublime and vvv fast) and finally a VN900 Classic (slow and lots of chrome). Going from a '10R to the VN900 was interesting. :lol: The '10r was practically as fast in 1st gear as the VN is in top.

This ...to that. :rolleyes:

Hi Truly, thanks for the welcome. The car I ordered was apparantly in a holding pen, I placed a deposit to secure it but for some reason or another (still unclear) it got sold to someone else. The only other option for the spec I wanted was to place a factory order and apparantly that pushes it back to mid-march :(

I'm riding a CBR600RR at the moment (the 07), I've mainly been a Honda man but do like the 6R and 10R Kwaks! Yours looks amazing in black, very nice bike. I did have a Suzuki Intruder 125cc before I got my full license, was a great bike for pottering about on. I know what you mean about gearing though, the 600RR does over 70 in first gear on stock, pretty crazy.

I'll try and get a picture up shortly, just noticed you need to externally link so i'll sign up for a photo hosting account somewhere.

Good afternoon and welcome Rob.

It's a lovely part of the country there in Sussex but not so much now eh?

Shame about the extended wait for your car but at least you'll get an 09 plate now---if I were you I might be tempted to ask for a good will gesture from the garage seeing as technically they sold your car to someone else..........

After all the worst that can happen is that they say no---if you don't ask you don't get!

Good afternoon and welcome Rob.

It's a lovely part of the country there in Sussex but not so much now eh?

Shame about the extended wait for your car but at least you'll get an 09 plate now---if I were you I might be tempted to ask for a good will gesture from the garage seeing as technically they sold your car to someone else..........

After all the worst that can happen is that they say no---if you don't ask you don't get!

Afternoon Hedgepig, its not too bad in Sussex, i'm just outside of Hastings in East Sussex so still a little quieter over here.

Yeah getting the 09 plate is quite a nice bonus, it would be nice to get a little extra or something though. I'm not entirely sure about what can be fitted at the dealership though. Might be worth a bit of research on my part before asking.

Truly, here's a picture of my current bike;

15082008075.jpg

Nice bike!

I once had a 350 twin Honda which was a nice tourer but not exactly built for speed ( a bit like the other half I suppose!) then I had was a Z400 Kwak which was OK but not as good as the old 250 Kwak---if I remember rightly that was a 2 stroke triple! B)

I always fancied a Z900 or Z1300 Kwak but never got around to it unfortunately.

A big mortgage and my love for cars always seemed to get in the way...........

As for your freebie--you could ask for mudflaps perhaps? :D

Nice bike!

I once had a 350 twin Honda which was a nice tourer but not exactly built for speed ( a bit like the other half I suppose!) then I had was a Z400 Kwak which was OK but not as good as the old 250 Kwak---if I remember rightly that was a 2 stroke triple! B)

I always fancied a Z900 or Z1300 Kwak but never got around to it unfortunately.

A big mortgage and my love for cars always seemed to get in the way...........

As for your freebie--you could ask for mudflaps perhaps? :D

Cheers, still enjoying it, i got it new in September 2007 - it had 0.0 miles on when taking it from the dealership and now has over 12,500 miles on! The bike is currently in the middle of getting a new exhaust system fitted so should sound a little nicer soon as well.

2 stroke bikes we're always cool, the closest i've been was a Honda NSR125 which I found lots of fun but only had a swap with a friend for a few miles.

Luckily i've got a smallish mortgage, I like cars but prefer the bike for fun, I think the same will happen with cars as well. The Fiesta was a fun drive and matches what i'll need for a car. Practically that same amount of money could have got something thats a lot of fun and a bit older. I went for the Fiesta though as its 3 years of fairly predictable costs rather than getting an older performance car which could occasionally sting me for a lot of cash.

Mudflaps could be a good addition! How about the scuff plates or pedals? Can they be done at dealers or do you think i'll struggle to get them thrown in?

I got the car before the price hike and managed to get it for just over £10k for the 1.4 Petrol 3 Door Zetec with bluetooth which doesn't seem that bad a deal already.

Mudflaps could be a good addition! How about the scuff plates or pedals? Can they be done at dealers or do you think i'll struggle to get them thrown in?

Yes, scuff plates and / or pedals would also be a good idea.

Scuff plates are approx fifty quid but I don't know how much pedal covers are--can't be a lot can they?

You could always push for both and accept one..........................

Hi,

Welcome, Ive not been here long ( just picked up Fiesta 1.6 zetec s last Wednesday). Enjoying it so far.

Thought I would post piccy of my ride ( praps this should be sub forum :lol: )

bike2007.jpg

Paul

Good idea Hedgepig, go for both and hope I get better than nothing :)

Hi,

Welcome, Ive not been here long ( just picked up Fiesta 1.6 zetec s last Wednesday). Enjoying it so far.

Thought I would post piccy of my ride ( praps this should be sub forum :lol: )

bike2007.jpg

Paul

Very nice, is that a Rocket 3? They're really cool - not rode one but know someone with one who let me sit on it, feels heavy but sturdy. Bet the torque on the thing is ridiculous though, nice bike :)

How are you finding your car? I'm a few weeks away from getting mine but can't wait.

Very nice, is that a Rocket 3? They're really cool - not rode one but know someone with one who let me sit on it, feels heavy but sturdy. Bet the torque on the thing is ridiculous though, nice bike :)

How are you finding your car? I'm a few weeks away from getting mine but can't wait.

Rocket is a heavy bike but low centre of gravity and really goes round corners well ( probably better if I was younger :lol: ). It has plenty of torques and pulls away like stink ( looked it up for somone the other day 0 to 60 in 4.1secs). Legal cruising speed at under 3k revs. It is a "marmite" bike you either love it or hate it. I have a permanent smile.

I like the car a lot ( never had a ford before) . I have had a few niggles which are getting sorted ( dont worry if you see people listing problems on here , Forums are always full of people , like myself , asking for help from those with simlar experiences). The main problem is that my last car was a rover 75 and it was both quiet and powerfull. The Fiesta is quite noisy on the motorway but I dont do too many motorway journeys and it has enough power for me.

Paul

Rocket is a heavy bike but low centre of gravity and really goes round corners well ( probably better if I was younger :lol: ). It has plenty of torques and pulls away like stink ( looked it up for somone the other day 0 to 60 in 4.1secs).

Paul

Rocket III is an amazing bike but I thought the 0-60 time was sub 3.0 (just). It would be snarling up the pipes of an R1, ZX-10R, Gixxer 1000, etc. For a BIG bike it feels surprisingly light between the legs ( :lol: ). Centre of Gravity is practically on the floor. :o Big up to riders of this muvva.

Rocket III is an amazing bike but I thought the 0-60 time was sub 3.0 (just). It would be snarling up the pipes of an R1, ZX-10R, Gixxer 1000, etc. For a BIG bike it feels surprisingly light between the legs ( :lol: ). Centre of Gravity is practically on the floor. :o Big up to riders of this muvva.

Time could be wrong. Just googled it and got reply of 4.1. doesnt really matter as I rarely open it up and the one time I did I hit the rev limiters.

Now if you were mad you could go the whole hog ( :blink: ) and fit a supercharger.

But who would do that?

PICT0505.jpg

Paul

Hey and Welcome, Hope you enoy your stay.

Shame about the further wait on your car but hope its worth it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club