Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Garage Door??

Brigante

ahhh excellent, so I guess I'm after a 2.5 tray...

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to move the socket somewhere else for my phone/gps...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• artscot79

• Lenny

Wish mine had a socket there. Saves havibg a massive long wire from the arm rest! Stupid design.

Wish mine had a socket there. Saves havibg a massive long wire from the arm rest! Stupid design.

the orange plug is their on all mk2.5 focus the same as the mk2

so if you did want a 12v socket their all you need is to purchase the socket,

then remove your garage door and mount the 12v socket in the rear of it and connect the loom.

the orange plug is their on all mk2.5 focus the same as the mk2

so if you did want a 12v socket their all you need is to purchase the socket,

then remove your garage door and mount the 12v socket in the rear of it and connect the loom.

Too much effort...even though it sounds easy, ut would mean I have 3 cigarette sockets in my car.. excessive!

Too much effort...even though it sounds easy, ut would mean I have 3 cigarette sockets in my car.. excessive!

if i was to do it then id have 4 12v sockets in the car, because i dont have keyless entry.

ahhh excellent, so I guess I'm after a 2.5 tray...

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to move the socket somewhere else for my phone/gps...

You don't have to move the socket anywhere.. Just do what I did and dremel a hole in it. This way you still have the big cubby hole while keeping the use of the power socket, plus by doing it this way the power socket is still at the back of the cubby hole as apposed to stuck at the front like the mk2 ashtray, so you can plug a satnav charger etc into it and still be able to close the door, instead of having the charger protruding out the front by the gear stick.

good point as well... now I just need to track one down and attack it with my dremel :D

This one's on a buy it now and is a MK2 one with the socket fitting ready to go.

You just need to remove the old socket and reattach the wires.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280933591395?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or this one in factory carbon finish on bids.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261076326699?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• 2 weeks later...

As I have now bought an ST carbon Ashtray with the 12v socket up front my old one may be up for sale of anyone is interested. Its wrapped in carbon but silver underneath.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club