Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Excuse to bump me own thread a lil bit so I don't lose it :ph34r:

But I just activated the instant fuel readout with ELMconfig lol

2012-10-16234336.jpg

God I hate being out of work n not being able to post any new mods :( got loads planned but no funds to do em

Around this time next month I'll be fitting a new head unit n reverse park camera so that'll be the next big mod.

Good work mate,

I look forward to seeing the stereo and reverse camera system sounds cool.

You could always sell your stock system and reinvest in another mod.

Was thinking that mate but wouldn't get much for it. Hasn't even got the AUX button :(

Was thinking about butchering the front off it n making a dummy faceplate to stick over the new headunit as a security feature cause I don't like the look off the dummy covers on eBay, they look too dummy lol

If you want a faceplate i have a broken radio in pieces with the face plate off and ready to modify.

Those are the dummy ones on eBay that i don't like the look of mate lol, look a bit to fake for my liking even if your looking at it from a distance from the other side of the window.

Do you mean you've already got a broken 6000cd radio mate?

Yes.

It would need modifying to fit and stay in place but worth a crack.

was just thinking of butchering my current one down with dremel etc and fashioning some sort of suction thing on the back, got a few ideas on how to stick it.

but if you've already got the face of it broken down ready n just needs modifying, that would obviously save me time in butchering mine n can keep it in one piece.

so that would be great mate if your offering, how much you want for it?

Hmmm a know. Clutter to you but may stop me getting me windows smashed cause it'll just look factory fitted.

Nice one then mate I'll take it off your hands

No problem mate.

Interesting to see how you mod it to fit as a cover.

Got a few ideas, guess i'll just see what i'm working with when i recieve it n go from there.

I've seen it done somewhere else just trying to think where, think the bloke basically sanded it down n crudely stuck it to the new head units screen with double sided sticky pads.

One of the reasons i decided on the head unit i'm getting is it hasn't got a big volume knob sticking out it n it's face is pretty much flat so the dummy plate should fit nicely over the top of it without sticking out too far to make it look obvious.

Only thing is if anyone clocks the reverse camera it may be a give away.

I think you'll be fine.

Scrotes tend to look in the car rather than outside it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dummy faceplate pretty much finished now.

Found some all purpose adhesive and stuck everything in place, but I may take it apart n redo it when I get some better glue. This stuff was a bit thick n messy for my liking but it'll do for now.

Just gotta get some sort of foam sheet to line the back of it to avoid scratching the new head unit.

Now I've just gotta wait till around this time next month when I'll actually have the new head unit so I can figure out the best way of mounting the plate.

2012-10-27200629.jpg

2012-10-27182805.jpg

Just realized the above photo is really blurry :wacko: I'll take a clear one shortly.

Just changed the above photo to a clearer one. Can see where even though I was being &#33;Removed&#33; careful, I managed to get some &#33;Removed&#33; glue on me thumb n take some of the paint off the AUX button <_<

I suppose it will just aid the faceplate in looking old and worn, Won't be seen up close anyway, just from the other side of the window.

Edited by Brigante

Top job so far mate.

How about using some of that thin foam wrapping they usually put around new tv's or a foam mouse mat cut to fit?

Was actually thinking about that mate. May have some of the foam wrap knocking about at the Missus's

Don't think I've got a spare mouse mat knockin about but would be ideal really

May redo the gluing though I'm not entirely happy with it. Was a bit tricky to work with.

Oh yeah on a happy note, the Missus just informed me she's ordering my stereo as I type :D

Reverse park camera was ordered last week I think so is currently on the way from China

And she'll be ordering the stereo fitting kit next time she gets paid as there's no rush.

Lool ask your Missus to treat you to one for xmas ;) besides, you've got a sony, miles better than the thing I've been putting up with that doesn't even have an AUX button :o

When it comes around to fitting it i'll take plenty of photos so I can write up a guide on fitting everything and wiring in the camera.

Then I can also complete the dummy faceplate guide on best way of mounting it.

The stereo face plate looks excellent mate,

In regards to softening the rear you could purchase a microfibre cloth in your local poundworld store and trim to size then glue to the inside of the face plate.

The reverse camera system will be fantastic too.

I'm looking forward to you getting it fitted too mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club