Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Seems to dis-colour me fog light though. Now it shines a funny colour. I'll see what it looks like at night in a bit.

Looking great , i like the front fly eye matched in well

Nice one mate. Just need to find a few hour window in the bad weather so I can clean the poor thing.

Looks good mate :)

Not something I would do personally but looks good with the black car

About the st exhaust, there is a video on YouTube somewhere of a 1.6 focus with an ST exhaust fitted under the spare wheel well and tbf doesn't look low at all. I will try and find if I can as it was in German :S

I know mate I saw it quite a while ago trying to work out if it would work. It works with the standard bumper n sits right under it, but the standard bumper doesn't have the big cut outs, so with the ST bumper it would sit too low cause the cut outs would be empty if you get what I mean?

At some point I'm gonna fit actual black light units. The fly eyes are just a temporary cheap measure to make em all look black while still letting the light shine through. Its only when up close you can see its perforated.

Think the fly-eyed fogs look great with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it altering the colour a bit, wouldn't worry about it at all actually.

That's good to know about the RS box, didn't realise it was shallower so in theory sounds a winner, especially with the bigger tips too. I seen a Focus recently on a local ads site with the ST rear bumper and standard box put on and it def looked too low. My car's lowered as well so it wouldn't be an option for me at all I don't think.

My wagon's absolutely pigging at the minute too, hasn't been washed in about a thousand miles I'd say. Might do it in the morning if the rain holds off.

Might be too late on my front end parts mate, unless you want me to hold them for you? I responded to a wanted ad on the STOC forum for them, so just sending a couple of pics and might have a buyer. Was thinking £30 for fog surrounds and £20 for lower grille plus a tenner or so postage. Guy didn't question the price so will see what he says after the pics...should be fine as they're in great nick. Suits me rightly as I can put the cash towards picking up the front bumper, complete with all grilles and fog lights for £120 I think so don't think I can turn that down. Seller seems keen to shift other parts too so I might see what else I can mooch. By the way, if anyone wants any ST bits, let me know and I could ask him for prices. If reasonable I could pick them up and post them out.

The st bumper is lower than the standard one, if you look in comparison with the rear light units on your st bumper where the actuall cutouts are, and look where the exhaust sits on the YouTube Standard one, to me it seems like they would just about fit.

Could always try bending the tips up a bit too. I personally think the focus with the st exhaust sounds better than a custom made exhaust. Sounds deeper and less raspy

Anyways all to their own :)

I'm sure it will looks good either way mate.

I've been looking into it for ages mate, I know the ST bumper sits lower than standard, but the cut outs would still be too high so the tips would sit too low in em. Can't remember where I wrote it down but I worked out the measurements.

But easy way to think of it is if you look where the tips sit nicely in the bumper cut outs of an actual ST with no spare wheel, the tips would sit a few inches lower on a standard focus. Maybe about 4 inches lower.

So best bet is the RS exhaust cause the back box ain't as deep n the bigger tips will compensate sitting a little lower by filling the cut outs more.

Looks excellent mate,

Maybe yellow flyeye on the fogs to give some contrast,

But looks fantastic front and back, not too dark and not too light, just spot on perfect

Your focus is coming togeathdr nicely, rear looks very sporty, some flaps like the custom sets for the zetecs would fit a treat, protect body from dirt and also help finish the rear to look low and wide.

Agreed that it's lookin great!

Wouldn't be keen on going with yellow for the front fogs though. I know what Lenny's saying about adding a bit of contrast, but the yellow fogs aren't for me at all...just personal opinion obviously!

I know yellow fogs are a JDM thing and not usually saw on OEM motor scene but ive saw a few focus with the yellow fly eye fogs.

4565-1.jpg

_DSC1672.jpg

_DSC1644.jpg

_DSC1729.jpg

I've been following Ash's saloon build there in the top pic, serious amount of time and effort gone in to that, and a fair few quid too! But fair play to him, he's done a cracking job with it. Well, apart from the yellow fogs of course, haha! Just kidding, but I'm not a fan of them.

And that one below it, think I've followed it on a Belfast car scene forum maybe. There's actually a full ST lookalike on eBay in that same colour at the minute based in Belfast. He said in the ad, "everything from a ST3 and i mean there's nothing from a ST it does not have"...must have in really small white print "apart from the 2.5 litre 5 pot power-plant"! Still, looks a cracker.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290810512130?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I've been following Ash's saloon build there in the top pic, serious amount of time and effort gone in to that, and a fair few quid too! But fair play to him, he's done a cracking job with it. Well, apart from the yellow fogs of course, haha! Just kidding, but I'm not a fan of them.

And that one below it, think I've followed it on a Belfast car scene forum maybe. There's actually a full ST lookalike on ebay in that same colour at the minute based in Belfast. He said in the ad, "everything from a ST3 and i mean there's nothing from a ST it does not have"...must have in really small white print "apart from the 2.5 litre 5 pot power-plant"! Still, looks a cracker.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290810512130?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Spot on with both mate,

Ash has created the first ST saloon with custom rear end, and the beautiful focus is from belfast,

My favourite axcent after letterkenny and armagh lol

If i had the spare cash id drive to belfast and but that focus, has it got the dash pod?

Last i checked neither of the lads had it.

4564.jpg

Is there a link to Ash's thread so I can have a mooch?

Here ya go mate, 85 pages so should keep you goin a couple of days! Lots of great detailed pics on there too of bumper swaps etc.

http://www.focusowne...php?f=17&t=5930

I suggested to him about gettin that bump strip/insert smoothed on the rear, but he seems happy with it. Think it'd finish it off nicely though. Also think pedal covers and heater knobs would do his interior the world of good.

Neither have the dash pod, but that one in Belfast on eBay does. Said the car was damaged though so that's why he did the full ST conversion.

Lenny, as for accents...I work in Letterkenny and the missus is from Armagh, so not sure if I could associate either of those with my favourites, haha!

Lenny, as for accents...I work in Letterkenny and the missus is from Armagh, so not sure if I could associate either of those with my favourites, haha!

Ah its surprising how much can be taken for granted when you live among it lol

I used to have a monaghan accent but now a fluent bleedin dub one wha? Lol 10 years now

I take it she dumped you then...otherwise you mightn't be around to tell the tale! Just jokin by the way, I have friends from Keady so I'm used to cracking those kind of South Armagh jibes. This is probably goin straight over the heads of our 'across the pond' brethren!

Might actually be getting a trip down to experience the accent from your neck of the woods in the near future...we're doing a bit of work at Rosslare Harbour, one of the guys was down last week so gonna try and tag along for the road trip next time.

I'm heading to Belfast next week to visit the Out-laws for a couple of days before flying out of Dublin Airport for a week in the sun (a much needed and well overdue break).

I'll sink a black one in honour of all the Irish contingency here. :)

I take it she dumped you then...otherwise you mightn't be around to tell the tale! Just jokin by the way, I have friends from Keady so I'm used to cracking those kind of South Armagh jibes. This is probably goin straight over the heads of our 'across the pond' brethren!

Might actually be getting a trip down to experience the accent from your neck of the woods in the near future...we're doing a bit of work at Rosslare Harbour, one of the guys was down last week so gonna try and tag along for the road trip next time.

They have a tinkers accent down here in fact its the birth place of all lmao including Hugo,

Yeah lol i felt proper mad dating a girl from south armagh

She was a little stunner though. Probably swarmed with chaps of her own now though lol

I'm heading to Belfast next week to visit the Out-laws for a couple of days before flying out of Dublin Airport for a week in the sun (a much needed and well overdue break).

I'll sink a black one in honour of all the Irish contingency here. :)

Ill meet you in the Carrick-dale hotel on the newry road outside dundalk for a few half ones before you make your way across the boyne river to Terminal 2 lol

Just look for the angry fat bloke with a loud Belfast woman in tow. ;)

Just look for the angry fat bloke with a loud Belfast woman in tow. ;)

That'll narrow it down then... :lol:

That'll narrow it down then... :lol:

Barely ;)

I'm angry as I hate all the hanging around in airports.

You have to be there 3 weeks in advance to book in and then get herded like sheep from one side of the building to another and back again then treated like criminals just because you want to board a plane.

They drag you through all those security checks and treat you like an inconvenience where they should be kissing you're !Removed! cos without you they'd have no job.

I have friends in the MOD police that recently carried out deputised duties for the UKBA and they reckon that the passport control is a waste of time beyond belief.

They watched groups of people coming off flights that everyone avoided, knowing that if they talked to them the first words out of their mouths would be 'ASSYLUM'.

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I severely hate airports.

I love flying and laugh through turbulence and rough landings (having been on hundreds of RAF flights, any landing you can walk away from can be considered a good one).

After all the stress getting somewhere, you need the holiday to get over the travel.

Haha, well put mate! So what's the solution to the stress of the return home journey?!

Haha, well put mate! So what's the solution to the stress of the return home journey?!

Another fr####ng holiday i reckon :P

Little update, Reverse camera finally arrived today after it was ordered a month ago:

2012-11-13131508.jpg

2012-11-13131549.jpg

It will neatly replace a number plate light so theres no drilling any holes:

2012-11-13144957.jpg

Bit confused though as theres more wires that need splicing in than I thought there would be so I'm not sure how exactly to fit it yet.