Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Brakes Crunching/scraping

The Hornmeister

Hi, I bought a Ford Fiesta zetec 1.25 in april (registered Jan 2011). It seems (and normally when I first start it up), theres a slight scraping/crunching on the brakes. I put it in the dealership the other day and after having the car for a day they said they'd bled the brake fluid and put new fluid in and they told me this wasn't covered under the guarantee (which I made it known I wasnt happy about cos I only bought the car in April, so they waivered the cost)...Anyway, since ive got the car back, its no better (seems slightly worse actually) but it only really seems to happen when I start the car up, especially after its been sat on the drive all night...it seems to go away once I've been driving for 5 minutes or so.....weird !!

Cheers

Ian

May be your handbrake not releasing fully?

Cheers, I dunno if it is the handbrake although since I got it back from the dealership (who said it was something to do with the brake fluid)...this "slight scraping" seems to have got worse and the handbrake is now tighter (doesn't need to come up much more now)...will probably get back in touch with dealership (M53 Ford, Birkenhead).

Cheers

I've also noticed a slight clicking sound when I take my foot off the clutch...again, only since I got it back from dealers....am I going mad ????

I don't know if you have ABS, but it could be to do with ABS sensors? I read about a problem once where somebody got a grinding noise when using the brakes, as if they were worn, but it turned out it was the abs sensors out of place! Just a thought! You could put your foot on the brake pedal when you start it to see of you feel anything perhaps?

Just a thought anyway.

Mine does that but it's because rust gets on the discs while sitting there so when you first brake it will make a noise but as soon as the rust is gone the noise will go.

Cheers rp1608 and Froggy72...Im hoping this is normal cos as I've said, it was in the dealership last week getting looked at so Im hoping they would have picked up on potential faults like the ABS sensors or the handbrake (you'd think they would but who knows ?), just worried its nothing more sinister and then it all flares up when its out of guarantee but your reply (Froggy72) fills me with hope.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club