Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doors Locking Automatically When Moving Off?

Jit

Hi, i have a ford fiesta zetec s mk7, is it possible to enable doors to lock automatically when moving off?

This is not a guide - moved to the correct forum.

And in answer to your question - not easily (see here)

Not the same I know but you can easily change the unlock so the default is to only unlock the drivers door. This stops someone opening the passenger door(s) and stealing something or jumping in.

This is not a guide - moved to the correct forum.

And in answer to your question - not easily (see here)

Thanks for that, seems like a lot to do, I'm a bit worried that something might go wrong so will have to get use to locking the car manually from the inside. Quite surprising these new cars doesnt have this feature.

Thanks for that, seems like a lot to do, I'm a bit worried that something might go wrong so will have to get use to locking the car manually from the inside. Quite surprising these new cars doesnt have this feature.

This is a feature that can be activated in the GEM but this would require Ford to connect their computer to the diagnostic port on your car and activating the autolock feature,

if you had a focus you could purchase an ELM327 and download the software from the forum to activate this feature on your ford but the software on here is just for the focus and may dammage your fiesta if connected,

so bottom line,

yes it is possible but ford will need to do it, and it can be set to lock when you reach a set speed like 17mph or even 10mph i have it activated on mine at present.

This is a feature that can be activated in the GEM but this would require Ford to connect their computer to the diagnostic port on your car and activating the autolock feature,

if you had a focus you could purchase an ELM327 and download the software from the forum to activate this feature on your ford but the software on here is just for the focus and may dammage your fiesta if connected,

so bottom line,

yes it is possible but ford will need to do it, and it can be set to lock when you reach a set speed like 17mph or even 10mph i have it activated on mine at present.

It's not possible (I'd love to be proven wrong)

I have the Ford VCM and I've tried activating the setting - it does nothing.

It's not possible (I'd love to be proven wrong)

I have the Ford VCM and I've tried activating the setting - it does nothing.

thats a shame mate,

surely you would imagine if the box was their to be ticked and then it was ticked that this would activate the feature,

i think it should be part of the 5 star safety Ncap on all cars to have the auto lock feature installed, and maybe their is an OBD plug available that can be permanently plugged in to activate auto lock,

i know some aftermarket alarm systems have this feature on them too.

Auto locking was possible to enable on some cars using IDS.

Ford then disabled this feature around 2008/2009.

A contact of mine questioned Ford Europe about this and they responded by saying that auto locking was no longer available due to safety concerns.

Apparently in some crash tests the doors did not always automatically unlock.

Auto locking was possible to enable on some cars using IDS.

Ford then disabled this feature around 2008/2009.

A contact of mine questioned Ford Europe about this and they responded by saying that auto locking was no longer available due to safety concerns.

Apparently in some crash tests the doors did not always automatically unlock.

so the ford Gem for the mk2.5 focus must be the same as the mk2 which would have had its first release in 2005 before ford stopped activating this feature,

because i have used the ELM327 and the FF2 software to activate the autolocking feature on my 2010 focus.

Ford disabled the feature in IDS.

Using unauthorised methods to activate it would still work - as you have found out.

Now we need FF2 for other models!