Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Central locking problem

shazants

Hi guys and girls, i have a Y reg focus estate TDI. Recently my drivers doors has locked and will not open under any circumstances!

The rest of the doors open with the remote, key or internal door button. Ive taken off the window trim to check that the bar is still conected to the actual mechanism which it is and it moves up an down when you pull the handle in the same way as the door on the passenger side that works correctly.

Unfortuntly i cant see a way of taking the door panel off without breaking it as the door is shut???? It looks like the locking mechanism is jammed which must be totaly electrical.........any help would be most appreciated!!!

Kind regards shazants

It sounds like the c/l motor is dead.

Not sure if there's any way of getting to it without breaking something - you should be able to remove the door handle surround (there's a screw under a cover behind the door handle) but I'm not sure how much - if any - access that would give you.