Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You Will Never Guess What ='( ='(

Brigante

So I'm trying to leave Wilkinson's car park and there is a stupidly placed bollard right in my lane so I have to wait for the incoming traffic to enter the car park before I can drive round the bollard and leave. I'm wondering why there is a queue of cars trying to enter to I look behind me to see what the hold up is, It's some eejit in a corsa with his !Removed! end sticking right out in the lane stopping the cars from entering, eventually he drives forward back into his space to let the cars in.

I now drive round the bollard and stop at the end of the lane to give way to the cars driving past the car park, It's clear so I slowly begin to pull out into the road to turn left, I'm obviously indicating, I've crossed the lane and I'm half way in the road so I have right of way. Then of all things a !Removed! lorry decides to turn right out of the Tesco car park next to the Wilkinson's car park and speeds towards me, he finally see's me and stops.

He is too big and wide to go round me so I have to reverse, to avoid being hit from the front I reverse back, not noticing a car has pulled up behind me also trying to leave the car park. I very unfortunately hit his front end with a bang. The lorry driver see's this and speeds of down the road and disappears around the corner.

Because I am not a corsa owner, do have a full UK license and I'm insured up the jacksy, I get out of the car and go to swap details with the driver behind. 3 witnesses come running up who saw the whole thing, all of which reassuringly say the lorry driver was at fault and that there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. I swap details with the driver behind, who is being very understanding as is his missus, who again both say it was the lorry driver at fault.

He reverses back so we can access the damage, to our luck there isn't any. He had a minor scratch that could be easily T-cutted and there is none whatsoever to mine. We shake hands and we both go on our merry way.

My Missus who is in my passenger seat is obviously very shook up asks me to pull over somewhere so she can calm down before driving home. I pull into the Tesco car park and in an attempt to eliminate the chance of getting hit from behind again by a car driving behind me, go to reverse into a parking space while it is clear rather than pull into one.

But I am also obviously still very shook up, and when reversing I fail to notice the trolley park thing behind me (which is nearly invisible when reversing at the best of times), I smash into it with a bigger bang, this time smashing my driver-side rear bumper in :( :angry: :( :o

So after being so lucky not doing any damage to either car in the Wilkinson's car park, I end up smashing my own bumper in anyway so now it will definitely need to be replaced.

620985_470476316304260_1334155396_o.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• STEADS

• jeebowhite

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gutted for you m8 , it will probably be cheaper to get a replacement bumper and get it sprayed rather than using your insurance which will continue over 5 years to effect your premium.

Gutted for you m8 , it will probably be cheaper to get a replacement bumper and get it sprayed rather than using your insurance which will continue over 5 years to effect your premium.

Already looking at bumpers on eBay, they going as cheap as 30quid so I just gotta look for one in the right colour then fit it myself. Also, that bulb is not lighting up. But as silly as it may sound, is it supposed to?

I've took the light out and took the bulb out, it isn't showing any obvious signs of damage and the filament appears to still be intact so I don't think the bulbs broken. All other bulbs are working and my 3 brake lights (spoiler and the tail lights on boot lid) so what does this bulb do?

That bulb is the rear fog, comes on when you pull the headlight switch towards you two clicks

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare mate :S

I got a friend up Sheffield who's neighbour reversed into his focus mk2 with similar looking damage. Think he got it replaced with an ST bumper :P

Hope you get it sorted

What a bummer! I feel for you. :(

What ever you do dont get yer mums ex to fit the bumoer did you get the front wing sorted ?

i feel for you. ive had bumper damage recently myself :(

post-26411-0-00207100-1343846334_thumb.j

FOG LIIIIGHT!!! Cheers Haz and Steads mate, that's how shook up I was earlier. I literally completely forgot fog lights even existed :( just saw that the bulb weren't lighting up and panicked. Just darted outside to check and it works :)

Been looking at ST bumpers, thats what I'll get if i can find one.

No way in hell would I ever let my moms ex fella anywhere my poor focus again! I'd finally just finished fixing the last of his bodge jobs myself the other day, now this happens :unsure:

Ouch Ash! Whay happend mate? :'(

the later style bumpers are a straight swop not hard to swop are they ash lol

Totally agree.

I recently had a minor bumper repair (cost £70 - the other person paid) and if I had gone through insurance my premium would go up by £140 per year for the next 5 years = £700 extra. And that's with protected no claims.

For an incident like this it's better to pay from your own pocket. A second hand bumper will be £50-100 and you should be able to find one in thte right colour easily.

Gutted for you, but at least nobody was hurt.

Totally agree.

I recently had a minor bumper repair (cost £70 - the other person paid) and if I had gone through insurance my premium would go up by £140 per year for the next 5 years = £700 extra. And that's with protected no claims.

For an incident like this it's better to pay from your own pocket. A second hand bumper will be £50-100 and you should be able to find one in thte right colour easily.

Gutted for you, but at least nobody was hurt.

I know mate that's what I'm gonna do. Had all this a few months ago again with a lorry, this time cutting me up on a roundabout when I was indicating and slowing to leave, he kept driving so I couldn't get any details so I had to pay out of my own pocket rather than going through insurance company and them raping my policy for 5 years. Bought a used wing panel and front bumper off eBay but a complete 100% bonafied moron of an idiot fitted then which resulted in a world of new problems which I've only just finished fixing myself like 2 days ago.

My missus had quite bad neck ache so it's probably signs of whiplash :(

On a lighter note, these came today

289002_470508432967715_1734204416_o.jpg

Got one on each tear window

Also delivered today my mist washer jets which I've fitted and my Halfords ultra brilliance H7's that Stoney recommended, although I thought they was supposed to be white but I'm sure they looking yellow in the day :wacko: Will have to wait till tonight to have a proper look.

To be delivered tomorrow are my Osram cool blue intense H1's and at some point my cree reversing bulb.

I'm sorry for you pain.

What doesbt kill you makes you stronger.

Itll be buff with a st bumper!

I'm sorry for you pain.

What doesbt kill you makes you stronger.

Itll be buff with a st bumper!

Don't think the poor car can take much more. Any ideas on a rough price for a rear ST bumper mate? Can't seem to find a mk2 black one at the moment just later ones

Ouch Ash! Whay happend mate? :'(

Lets just say it was a day like yours. Hopefully never again haa. I reversed into something straight after this happened. was still angry inside and shouldnt even have stepped foot back into my car. But luckily got a new bumper excellent condition for £95.

the later style bumpers are a straight swop not hard to swop are they ash lol

Haa well.... Straight forward... yep..

Only if your nuts and bolts are in decent nick. which only being 2008 car thought should easily have been but wasnt to be. Gave me a nightmare so had to take car to my mates garage and we struggled a bit but job done in end. :)

Lets just say it was a day like yours. Hopefully never again haa. I reversed into something straight after this happened. was still angry inside and shouldnt even have stepped foot back into my car. But luckily got a new bumper excellent condition for £95.

Lol do tell mate, see if it makes me feel any better about mine. When it happen?

If anyone see's a black rear bumper about that will fit my car I'd greatly appreciate it if they pointed me in it's direction. Not having much luck on eBay yet apart from some that already need repairing. Don't really wanna Shell out on respraying one either.

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes brigante, the one thing I have learned, is any near miss, always go slowly forward, like you I had a near miss, then end up reversing into something causing more damage still... as a result, any near miss I have now (my fault or otherwise) I always drive forward, park carefully, and if I need to stage my drive home in 10 minute bursts I will...

Hopefully you get your damage resolved cheaply and rapidly, but I sympathise with you.

I just got my fiesta a few years back, and turning into my one way road, an 18 wheeler was driving the wrong way up after making a delivery. I slammed the anchors on (he was doing a good 20 - 25 mph) and I had to dive into reverse as he couldnt stop in time. As I slam into reverse, and start moving, a post office van comes round the corner, fortunately I slammed the anchors on just in time, a scratch to my car, nothing to the postie, but the force gave me whiplash. The lorry, disappeared... not a trace of him, thankfully no insurance claims where made, but I tracked down the driver, and reported him for dangerous driving, I got a letter confirming that his actions where cautioned, but in the lack of physical evidence, a complaint could not be taken to court, and no further punishment could be served!

There's a carpet store near me on a one way street and nearly everyone leaving it turns the wrong way even with a stupid great arrow on the road.

I could stand there all day pulling drivers for it and would keep the local traffic officers in paperwork for months.

I actually like to walk the dogs up that road and take perverse satisfaction in not moving out of the way for anyone going the wrong way.

There's a carpet store near me on a one way street and nearly everyone leaving it turns the wrong way even with a stupid great arrow on the road.

I could stand there all day pulling drivers for it and would keep the local traffic officers in paperwork for months.

I actually like to walk the dogs up that road and take perverse satisfaction in not moving out of the way for anyone going the wrong way.

I'd love to be a copper working that road. Amount of times I've had some idiot coming towards me down a one way road.

ouch nasty bumpers are an easy swap though most st bumpers are orange etc luckily it was just the bumper though it could have been worse

Black should be an easy colour to find, and the colour should match perfectly (you'd be amazed how many secondhand silver bumpers don't match the silver cars they're fitted to!)

Surprisingly lads I'm having trouble finding a black bumper :wacko: there's plenty of blue, silver and grey etc but hardly any black ones. Been contacting breakers if they have any and the 3 that have got back to me so far have only had blue or grey.

The black ones I have seen have had similar or worse damage to mine and in need of a repair and full respray anyway :unsure:

Slight update on the situation, I've just contacted the company in question about the driver via the websites contact form giving as much detail as I could so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Here's a tip.. If your going to cut someone up, causing a collision then proceed to speed off out of there and not stick around to see if everyone's ok.. Don't do it when you have BIFFA in big letters right down the side of your vehicle.. <_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club