Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Offically Hate Vauxhall Drivers

AJ_sXe

I was driving home from work on the E.K bypass, the lane split in three, and I continued into the centre lane.

The Astra that was behind me shot ahead of me in the right lane and squeezed between me and the car in front of me (about car + half of space) and cut across me to join the left hand lane.

Why in the blue hell would he do that??

He pulled up beside me and I had to ask him "what was the point??"...he just stared at me blankly as if "what? what I do?"

So I now officially HATE Vauxhalls.

I changed from a 13 year old Corsa to a Fiesta. I will never go back.

I was driving home from work on the E.K bypass, the lane split in three, and I continued into the centre lane.

The Astra that was behind me shot ahead of me in the right lane and squeezed between me and the car in front of me (about car + half of space) and cut across me to join the left hand lane.

Why in the blue hell would he do that??

He pulled up beside me and I had to ask him "what was the point??"...he just stared at me blankly as if "what? what I do?"

So I now officially HATE Vauxhalls.

ive had a similar experience, if we didnt live at oposite ends of the country id say it was the same astra lol, vauxhall drives all tend to be tubes, thats why they didnt get the superiour Ford smile.png

ive had a similar experience, if we didnt live at oposite ends of the country id say it was the same astra lol, vauxhall drives all tend to be knobs, thats why they didnt get the superiour Ford :)

+1

Agreed.

And would it be fair to say Audi's are worse? One came thundering up behind me tonight after overtaking the other traffic with those stupid garish LED lights, sat inches off my bumper through a couple of S-bends while weaving in and out to seek out an opportunity to overtake (and I was at the back of a line of cars all doing 60-65). That opportunity came (just) across a set of hatched lines, but the oncoming lorry made him force himself into the gap between me and the car in-front. I gave him some full-beam for about 30 seconds and recieved every gesture imaginable... then he was off again, overtaking the traffic one-by-one and putting several lives in danger in the process.

I only wished for a police car to have witnessed the lot and to have pulled him further down the road... didn't happen though!

As J.C has said, A4/6 drivers have replaced BMW drivers as being the !Removed! of the road.

As J.C has said, A4/6 drivers have replaced BMW drivers as being the !Removed! of the road.

This was an A3 though ;)

I had a astra do similar stuff today ... Sooo annoying...what annoyed me more was that when he got in front of me...I saw a sign saying baby on board :l he was alone though but still....there's never a police car there when u need 1.

Agreed.

And would it be fair to say Audi's are worse? One came thundering up behind me tonight after overtaking the other traffic with those stupid garish LED lights, sat inches off my bumper through a couple of S-bends while weaving in and out to seek out an opportunity to overtake (and I was at the back of a line of cars all doing 60-65). That opportunity came (just) across a set of hatched lines, but the oncoming lorry made him force himself into the gap between me and the car in-front. I gave him some full-beam for about 30 seconds and recieved every gesture imaginable... then he was off again, overtaking the traffic one-by-one and putting several lives in danger in the process.

I only wished for a police car to have witnessed the lot and to have pulled him further down the road... didn't happen though!

I couldn't agree more! 80% of Audi drivers are winkers! Like they want to sit in your passenger seat they get that close.

I just tend to spray my windscreen intermittently when they they're close, the mist flies onto their windscreen and you can see them getting angrier and then they tend to pull back a bit tongue.png

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

+1 for audi drivers. On my way home from work yesterday there was one driving towards me on the other side of the road getting closer and closer to the centre line. I kept my eye on it just in case it drifted over the line and hit me, but just as it's passing something hits the very right edge of my windscreen. At first I thought it was just birds mess again but on looking it was saliva, the guy had intentionally driven closer to me as I was approaching simply so he could spit out of his window onto my car. Annoyingly I didn't get his plate and there wasn't anywhere to turn round and find him, but I'm keeping my eye out in case he's a regular on that road. There's some properly disgusting people out there! Oh yeh, and a year or so back something bounced off my bonnet onto the windscreen leaving a shower of embers and a black mark on the paint (that luckily washed out) - I guess someone chucked a lit cigarette onto my car.

Me and you both pal! Got my car back yesterday from repair after a vauxhall rear ended me! Needed a new rear interior panel width of the car and the spare tyre chamber needed straightening, new bumpers (F+R) and headlights re alligned. I hated vauxhall drivers since birth, Just something about them?

Vauxhall (spit), Audi and Mercedes drivers need to learn patience and manners.

One of my colleagues is an Audi driver and to be blunt he is a total Dork.

Vauxhall (spit), Audi and Mercedes drivers need to learn patience and manners.

One of my colleagues is an Audi driver and to be blunt he is a total !Removed!.

I drive my dads Mercedes sometimes and I'm not that bad :P

I find BMW 3series drivers really bad....think they own the road..

I find BMW 3series drivers really bad....think they own the road..

3 Series drivers/A3 drivers (is there something with the number 3?) tend to be sales reps/middle management and as such get a little bit of power and it goes to their heads = belief of road ownership.

Simple physics dear boy.

On my daily commute I tend to find some young guys (17-20 probably) in low powered cars are the biggest annoyance. 1.2l Corsa/Clio/Ibiza/(and sadly) Fiesta's - usually mk6. They seem to be trying to prove a point and have an "I'll show you, my car's not as slow as you think by driving it like a twit" mentality. Their aggressive driving style is concerning. They will do almost anything to make up 1 car length, weaving in and out of traffic when the smallest gap appears, no indication and frequent undertaking.

These kind of drivers seem to usually progress onto some sort of older Jap metal (E.g. EP3 Civic Type-R, late-90's Impreza.) as I have witnessed a very similar, overly aggresive driving style from them.

I'm not making a sweeping statement about all young drivers btw (im not that old myself - 26) as I know there are many responsible young motorists out there. It's a shame that the worst are always the most visible...

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

On my daily commute I tend to find some young guys (17-20 probably) in low powered cars are the biggest annoyance. 1.2l Corsa/Clio/Ibiza/(and sadly) Fiesta's - usually mk6. They seem to be trying to prove a point and have an "I'll show you, my car's not as slow as you think by driving it like a twit" mentality. Their aggressive driving style is concerning. They will do almost anything to make up 1 car length, weaving in and out of traffic when the smallest gap appears, no indication and frequent undertaking.

These kind of drivers seem to usually progress onto some sort of older Jap metal (E.g. EP3 Civic Type-R, late-90's Impreza.) as I have witnessed a very similar, overly aggresive driving style from them.

I'm not making a sweeping statement about all young drivers btw (im not that old myself - 26) as I know there are many responsible young motorists out there. It's a shame that the worst are always the most visible...

I did see a tw*t in a white polo having a go at a LEARNER motorbiker the other day too, so I agree with this statement.

I may be guilty of driving quickly sometimes, but I try not to tailgate or cut people up.

It's not worth the stress of worrying about wanting them out the way wacko.png

It's not without reason that the drivers mostly involved in fatal accidents are 18 - 25.

Mostly new drivers, immature, cocky, showing off and believe they're invincible. (usually brought up on Grand Theft Auto games).

Unfortunately in real life there is no reset button, you crash and you die-- end of.

I have seen too many fatal crashes to have sympathy with the stupid drivers out there that think the country's roads are a race track.

Seeing one scene where a whole family has been wiped out in one go (mother, father and 3 young kids) and a smug faced tool who carved them up sat on the armco barrier with a !Removed! in his hand and a slightly dented chavmobile is the sort of thing that can easily make me forget i am a Police Officer and go over and knock the smirk off his stupid face with my baton.

A very strong will and immense self restraint is needed on too many occasions.

No one beats BMW, I have had numerous guys do stupid things, most recent is being overtaken at traffic lights, I moved and he overtook me forcing me to pull in and brake, at the next lights I rolled the windows down and asked "why" I was treated with pretty much every insult under the sun.

My only tangle with a Vauxhall, a guy pulling out in front of me from a side road, I honked so he brake tested me, nice guy, so I hung back and let him move off, a few miles later and I was overtaking some cars in the 2nd lane when one darted out to almost bash sides ( is was the same guy ) I swerved away to avoid skidded slightly then suffered a blow out, lost control and hit a crash barrier in excess of 60mph, the Vauxhall driver had the courtesy to slow down, and give my brother the middle finger as he climbed out my wrecked car, so I have a special place in my heart for contempt of Astra drivers..

Traffic police initially blamed me, I had collected another car during the spin, but after they measured the data from the cars they said I was not to blame, they never went after the other car, and my insurance had to pay for all damages, first time driving was 3 months later and the same idiot overtook me and 3 other cars by crossing a double white line and the wrong side of a traffic island putting all our necks on the block, he is known for being a utter idiot it seems, I never use that stretch of road now, my car was an utter write off, and it was a limited edition VW Golf..

I just tend to spray my windscreen intermittently when they they're close, the mist flies onto their windscreen and you can see them getting angrier and then they tend to pull back a bit :P

I never thought of that! Noted for next time :P

3 Series drivers/A3 drivers (is there something with the number 3?) tend to be sales reps/middle management and as such get a little bit of power and it goes to their heads = belief of road ownership.

So true, it's a classic case of little man syndrome. Our sales guys at work are all power hungry ego maniacs, and most of them have Audi's or 1-Series Beemers!

I commute 60 miles to work 5 days a week on the M6 , I have 2 cars, one a large Volvo estate and the other a Fiesta- previously a micra.

The sad thing is that there are too many impatient drivers who feel that 70 mph is not fast enough, I have never had issues with anyone trying to push me along in the Volvo when passing vehicles in the outside lane but it can happen nearly every day in the smaller cars.

Not to mention flashing headlight syndrome.

In my experience if an aggressive driver tailgates me - car length or less I ease off the gas and touch the breaks enough to light up the stop lights, this usually has the desired effect ,

Not for everyone as there is always the risk of a smash but why oh why do some drivers pick on smaller cars,always cars are shiny and new Audi, Bmw,Ford and Vauxhalls

I don't drive slow but I considers self a considerate driver .

Anyhow that's how I experience things.

• 2 weeks later...

I met another Winker today grrrr..... This time they were in a Volkswagen Golf courtesy car. (Must've crashed his Corsa).

Coming off a slip road I looked in my rear view mirror and he came racing up, forced another car into the hard shoulder and shot around him.

There are two lanes at the end of the slip road leading into a roundabout. The left lane goes left and straight and the right goes around (as any roundabout does) so I was in the left lane to go straight ahead as you should be then knob pulls up along side and boots it.

I knew all along he was going to do it as they always do on that roundabout. I kept back yet he decides to cut as close as he could to my bumper so I honked the horn and he gives me the typical chav brake test.

Not to mention the usual cap & ghetto music

Then stops in the middle of the road like he's trying to prove a point. It made no odds as the lights were red a few feet down the road.

But honestly what is the point like? He got no where any quicker than me or the car behind... I just hope he pushes it too far one day and goes off a cliff. Harsh but deserved. Better something happening to him than an innocent motorist or pedestrian

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

I had a similar experience on the way home, also a volkswagen though this was a 12 reg polo. I'm going along a 30mph road with noone behind me when this middle aged guy catches me up (nothing new there) and is right on my tail, close enough I can't see his plate. Shortly after there's a reasonably steep hill down to a miniroundabout at the bottom, so any normal driver would be braking towards the end of this hill. But not this guy, he decides to overtake me so I give him a flash of the lights after he's back in my lane. Despite the fact it's raining and we're going downhill he brake tests me to a complete stop, result is mine seem to work better as I didn't skid. This is followed by all kinds of single finger related hand gestures and shouting etc, guy obviously has no respect for other road users or his car.

As you say, what's the point in people doing this? They rarely gain any ground and all they achieve is increasing insurance premiums for everyone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club