Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Stereo Installed

iNath

Is it easy to replace the stereo without marking the plastics with tools etc?

Buy a trim tool off eBay and you'll be fine, they're only a couple of quid ;)

Also are you keeping the rest of the dash silver or can the other silver plastics be replaced to look like the Metal interior?

All my plastics are Frozen White apart from the Sony stereo air vents as they are part of the stereo fascia and not detachable.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever try adjusting the settings on your original Ford stereo? I have just tweaked mine and the sound quality has now gone up a level. I now have my bass and mid set to 0 and the treble at +5, and I have turned the DSP Equalizer on (classic setting).

Wow! The DSP seems to make a big difference, the sound is now much purer and a the treble is more defined. I'm streaming music from my iPhone over bluetooth.

I don't think I can justify spending £300 or so on the new Sony unit now. I just need to get one of my rear Speakers replaced under warranty because it sounds a little distorted compared to the others when I play anything with a beat.

I find music over bluetooth has a distinct lack of Bass and depth to it. running it straight from the USB stick however is a much fuller song, and has the kick at lower levels. I'm guessing it's the DSP settings I have on the phone thats doing it but... meh. I only use it when I cba to put something on the memory stick.

What bit rate is your music? If it's 256kbps or higher then it should sound great. I have never tried playing music from a memory stick, don't see the point when I have a 64mb iPhone 4S that I can keep tucked away in that little compartment next to the handbrake :)

More than enough bass, and I'm a drum and bass head so I know what good base is supposed to sound like ;) It makes the entire door and wing mirror vibrate ;)

Agreed - music sounds much better over USB compared to Bluetooth.

Glad it's not just me! I know I'm a bit of a !Removed! for audio quality, but I was beginning to wonder :P

Hi there, did you require a code or nothing when you changed the radio??? Or nice and simple?

Looks amazing by the way!!

Hi there, did you require a code or nothing when you changed the radio??? Or nice and simple?

Looks amazing by the way!!

No codes, just plug 'n' play ;)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MUSIC-SOT-2082-AM-z-Music-lead-for-Parrot-MKi9200-Ford-Fiesta-Sony-CD-Sony-6CD-/221082112955?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item33798553bb

would this cable work if you had a pre 2010 2 lead stereo to use the black sony 1 which only has 1 connector?

Hi Nathan,

If I was to buy the Sony stereo, does the screen come with it, I think I like the blue screen better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK8-SONY-DAB-STEREO-2008-2012-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/330810420657?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4d05d66db1

That looks like it comes with the blue screen? is this easy to fit or is it a must as it looks attached to the unit?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33798553bb

would this cable work if you had a pre 2010 2 lead stereo to use the black sony 1 which only has 1 connector?

Keep an eye on this thread.

Hi Nathan,

If I was to buy the Sony stereo, does the screen come with it, I think I like the blue screen better.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d05d66db1

That looks like it comes with the blue screen? is this easy to fit or is it a must as it looks attached to the unit?

It depends on the seller. That one you linked to seems to include the screen and it's really easy to swap (it's not attached to the CD player, the pic just has it sitting on top) only 2 screws to take out which you'll see when removing your red screen.

• 6 months later...

Did air vent surround either side of Sony stereo really easy actually just took my time and taped well

post-41144-0-48737700-1368640616_thumb.j

post-41144-0-91689000-1368640638_thumb.j

post-41144-0-22534200-1368640666_thumb.j

Do you reckon I could do this with the 2013 model, cause I emailed ford and they said hey could not change it or didn't want to know. wish I went for the upgrade.

Mine came with the blue screen and the fascia is not connected to the CD player it easy to take out you just need to make sure the connection is the same on the back I think they changed from two connections to one after 2011