Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snow Foam

MikeLangwine

Hey guys does anybody use snow foam to wash their car? If you do what do you think of it?

I use AutoBrite's Magifoam and would really recommend it. It's fun to use and has great results. It's nice and thick and clings to the car for a very long time.

What you need:

img6222o.jpg

The car foamed:

img6225u.jpg

img6224n.jpg

The results - You can also wash the car after but I didn't feel the need to :D

img6229qo.jpg

img6235t.jpg

Ps Ignore the tyres I did put some tyre gel on them

I use AutoBrite's Magifoam and would really recommend it. It's fun to use and has great results. It's nice and thick and clings to the car for a very long time.

What you need:

img6222o.jpg

The car foamed:

img6225u.jpg

img6224n.jpg

The results - You can also wash the car after but I didn't feel the need to :D

img6229qo.jpg

img6235t.jpg

Ps Ignore the tyres I did put some tyre gel on them

That looks so easy that even I could do it!

It is super easy! You fit that bottle known as a lance to a pressure washer and spray. Go away, have a drink or something for 15 mins. Come back and wash off the foam with the pressure washer. Dry the car and you're done!

It is super easy! You fit that bottle known as a lance to a pressure washer and spray away. Go away, have a drink or something for 15 mins. Come back and wash off the foam with the pressure washer. Dry the car and you're done!

ditto..

ive usd bilt hamber as well, loads of info on detailingworld

Bilt Hamber does it for me. Along with the lance from elite car care.

Hi Marcr1,

What is the cost of the snow foam you use,5 ltr by the looks.

So if I am correct you don't have to agitate the foam after 15 mins with a wash mitt to remove any surface dirt?

It's quite expensive at first as you have to take the hit and buy the lance, which is the bulk of the cost. Which is £45. A lot I thought! Then the 5 litres of magifoam cost £15. It came as part as a bundle so I paid £60.

I guess over time it makes for a good deal as you'll only ever need one lance.

Also it's as simple as spray on and spray off, you put about 2 inches in the lance and fill the rest with warm water. If you're car is particularly dirty you can also add a small amount of car shampoo for extra strength.

There is no contact needed with the car to snow foam as its known as a pre wash stage ie you foam it then clean it as the foam removes the contamination and when you sponge/mitt wash it there is no dirt to swirl the paint - if that makes sense?

I just usually snow foam on its own though. The weather isn't great to fully wash a car and it's especially good for quick washes in the winter :D

Looks good, but you could never beat 3 hot bikini clad girls washing your car with lots of foamy car shampoo!

Looks good, but you could never beat 3 hot bikini clad girls washing your car with lots of foamy car shampoo!

The scratches, the scratches!

So if I am correct you don't have to agitate the foam after 15 mins with a wash mitt to remove any surface dirt?

Its a prewash so the idea is you foam the car, let it dwell 5 minutes then rinse off. You can the wash the car as normal with 2 buckets (one for soap and one for rinsing) and wash mitts. Foaming first removes the worst of the muck and reduces the chances of scratching the paint when using the mitts. Its also really handy in the winter for just giving the car a quick wash to remove the worst of the salt and grime. Just be sure to avoid foams which strip wax.

Best of both worlds?

429587_303102356418286_100001555711291_867614_358511835_n.jpg

Credit: AutobriteDirect who also do foaming lances and foames: http://www.autobrite...foam-combo.html

I agree with above... I also do the 2 bucket wash... I've never had snowfoam completely clean the car... Maybe I leave mine too long between washes lol!!

As above - I don't use snow foam as a standalone wash. I would also suggest that that foam Marcr1 is slightly too thin - that shown in the next picture above is more like it.

This has caused some debate before - but in my opinion the suds of snow foam should be so thick and heavy that the action of them rolling off the car takes the dirt off the car. If you want a prewash to just loosen dirt, buy a prewash, that's not what snow foam is designed for.

Yeah I'd agree - that was the first time i'd used the foam a few months ago. I've since got the hang of it and changing the nozzle for consistency etc.

Just use the picture for effect :P

Also that's not the sexiest of cars - Toyota corolla verso isn't it? Ruined what was a good pic :D

Hi Marc , thanks for the info, I have just used the 2bucket method , softening the grime with power washer prior to using Maguires gold class shampoo with their fleece wash mitt.

Prior to that used turtle wax which I thought was good but not as good as gold.

Might try the snow foam as well.

Cheers.

Is a foam lance attachment any different from a shampoo one?

Is a foam lance attachment any different from a shampoo one?

Yes. A foaming lance puts much more air in to produce the thick foam.

Damn, I'm not about to start spending a ton on a lance extension.

429587_303102356418286_100001555711291_867614_358511835_n.jpg

The caption should read - "sorry about that ladies, it's been a while"

The caption should read - "sorry about that ladies, it's been a while"

...nice!

guess what im getting on pay day then haha. The results look amazing for the little amount of work that is needed. Its just a shame black cars dont stay clean for long :(

Hi Marc , thanks for the info, I have just used the 2bucket method , softening the grime with power washer prior to using Maguires gold class shampoo with their fleece wash mitt.

Prior to that used turtle wax which I thought was good but not as good as gold.

Might try the snow foam as well.

Cheers.

I imagine you have one clean car :P

guess what im getting on pay day then haha. The results look amazing for the little amount of work that is needed. Its just a shame black cars dont stay clean for long :(

Sounds good! It's well worth it, just remember you want it as thick as possible so it clings to the car and leave it on for as long as possible.

It's also works well for me in the wheel arches

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club