Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Zetec S Or Metal??

scotthunter

Hi people!

Can anyone help me with this dilemma. I'm trying to choose between a nearly new Ford Fiesta Zetec S petrol or Metal. I've put a deposit down on a Metal but still haven't made up my mind!

I'm looking at a 2010, 9k,Black Zetec S with leather seats (rare) and push button start, mint condition, £10,700.

The Fiesta Metal is a 2011 (7 months old), 6k, black, push button start, mint condition, £12,300.

The Metal seems like great value, looks great and should hold its value better being a limited edition, however I've heard reports that fuel economy is poor with the gear ratio set up for best acceleration. I commute 400 miles a week (mostly motorway) so I'm concerned about fuel economy and road noise.

I'm coming from a 2003 Zetec 1.6 petrol which isn't very economical at all, no doubt worse than the Metal. Do you think I'm being silly and should go for the ZS TDCI instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Metal all the way dude! So much better looking and equipt! If you where really worried about fuel econ then you would of thought TDCi at the beginning I have seen metals get good fuel con! So good choice :) wish I had one!

I've owned both Metal & Zetec S and the Metal is the better car and the better buy. Just clocked up 1500 mls on holiday in Cornwall and fuel economy was great in the Metal. The Metal has heated leather front seats. My Zetec S had leather but not heated. Metal cabin is sexier all in black. And like you say, Limited Edition.

Imagine a Focus Metal :)

Sounds good. Talking about a Focus, what do you think of the MK 3 Focus Zetec S ?.

I think it is a great looking car even with 5 doors which i don't usually go for. Even better with that 180 odd bhp engine in it.

Mike, what kind of mpg were you getting on the motorways and A roads? Does the engine and exhaust note growl at cruise speed?

I'm currently averaging around 40mpg, but bear in mind that is from new, so it took time for the engine to bed in. Also, as I've only had it a few months, I'm still driving it "enthusiastically"! I mainly drive on motorways, and occasionally country roads.

The road noise is fine, the exhaust growls at lower speed/higher revs, but it isn't noticeable to motorway speeds (I don't think anyway). All in all I would definitely recommend the Metal! It will hold its value better, handles amazingly, and makes a good noise at the higher revs.

Mike, what kind of mpg were you getting on the motorways and A roads? Does the engine and exhaust note growl at cruise speed?

Did'nt monitor mpg as such, but i only used half a tank all the way from Falmouth to Chester.

My exhaust note differs from standard as i have stainless catback fitted from new.

Sorry not very helpful but it's a great little car and would recommend the Metal.

hi scotthunter i have a metal in black and it is a great car i average 43.2 and i drive a round trip of 74 miles a day mainly a roads with about 3 miles of town roads the car has done 6000 miles now and the climate is always on so i am very pleased with the mpg oh and i dont drive like a granny either lol :D :D :D

Sounds good. Talking about a Focus, what do you think of the MK 3 Focus Zetec S ?.

I think it is a great looking car even with 5 doors which i don't usually go for. Even better with that 180 odd bhp engine in it.

I was behind one the other day, looked like a beast! Very very nice in gunmetal grey :)

this is the wifes zetec s in dark micastone :) SAM_0836.jpg

this is the wifes zetec s in dark micastone :) SAM_0836.jpg

Very nice. Really like that.

It is very nice! Out of interest, anyone any guesses of how much It would cost me to get a decent Fiesta Metal with a part ex of my Focus Zetec S?

Metal all the way but I am biased. Drives great and sounds nice. Feels like a more upmarket car and you'll easily get 40mpg even with lots of spirited driving which you won't be able to resist doing. You won't regret getting one.

Bought 60 plate Zetec 1.6 tdci 95 hp, had probs with rubbish Ford dealer but now sorted.

do 300 mile each week so had to be diesel for me,according to computer it does 58 overall to gallon driving like I stole it , £20 yr tax

No way is fuel

Going to get cheaper just dearer

I have a 2011 zetec s tdci 95hp an also drive itlile I stole it when the mood takes me but I'm only getting 54mpg average (acording to the computer)that's driving 250 miles a week on a an b roads with the cruise control set to 60

Almost all of driving is m-way say 56 mls with only 4 mls stop start 30 mph limit per day.

My 2.4 d5 185 hp 4x4 Volvo will do average of 47 mpg on same run which I think is very good.

Cheers