Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring More Power Outlets

suddste

Hi, was wondering if it is possible to wire more power outputs for other devices, so I dont have to have bulky cigarette lighter plugged in constantly for things like a roadhawk.

I know its possible as I had a tracker installed for my insurance, but I dont rrally know how to do it myself

You can wire as many as you like , i would use at least 25 amp cable and 25 amp fuses , or less if you only want to use the power points for phones etc.

But stick to the higher Ampage if you intend to use a cig lighter.

You can wire as many as you like , i would use at least 25 amp cable and 25 amp fuses , or less if you only want to use the power points for phones etc.

Thanks man,.but, how do you do it? Would it be better left to an car electrician

But stick to the higher Ampage if you intend to use a cig lighter.

It's not difficult to do you could either link perhaps one extension to you Cig socket , or come from the fuse box.

Halfrauds sell the cable , i would buy a crimp set and the sockets off eBay.

But it might be worth seeing what an auto electrician might charge if you don't have the parts.

It's not difficult to do you could either link perhaps one extension to you Cig socket , or come from the fuse box.

Halfrauds sell the cable , i would buy a crimp set and the sockets off Ebay.

But it might be worth seeing what an auto electrician might charge if you don't have the parts.

I havent done crimping in a loooong time and that worries me haha, if I was to to do it I would want to wire from the fuse box, not sure how you would do it

I havent done crimping in a loooong time and that worries me haha, if I was to to do it I would want to wire from the fuse box, not sure how you would do it

It's unwise to mess with the electrics unless you are confident and know what you are doing, if you don't you will be an unhappy bunny with more problems than you started with. :blink:

It's unwise to mess with the electrics unless you are confident and know what you are doing, if you don't you will be an unhappy bunny with more problems than you started with. :blink:

This is true, I might have guessed it would be too hard to do!

It's not hard, but you must know what you are doing before you start, some knowledge of electrics would be a good start.

This is by far a simple job to do , get yourself a cheap 12v tester and you can't go wrong.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club