Do Not Sell My Personal Information

God Knows How Much This Is Gonna Cost Me :(

Leemaxd

After 3 years of ownership and many long journeys today was the day the car let me down.

Pulled into some services for a break after about 100miles and the car just died and wouldn't start again, after trying and trying it eventually started again and I carried on my journey.

Then coming home it kept cutting out on the motorway but did start again.

Then pulling off the motorway near from home it died completely , then after about 20 mins it did start but with ( engine malfunction ) on the display. Anyway it got me home which I am thankfull for.

Called the RAC out and he said it had 3 fault codes on it and best thing to do is to put it in ford.

So I am now preparing myself to be totally sharfted £££££££ :(

Any idea what it could be?

did he give the fault codes could simply be a cam sensor easily replaced had similar symptons on a vectra years ago try and get the codes before you go gettin ripped at a dealer someone on here might be able to save you a packet

All those codes are relating to the fuel pressure sensor.

It's screwed onto the fuel injector common rail.

The part is about £100 and fitting takes about 5 minutes.

All those codes are relating to the fuel pressure sensor.

It's screwed onto the fuel injector common rail.

The part is about £100 and fitting takes about 5 minutes.

Really cool, so do you think it's worth me giving that a go first?

Thanks mate.

It says in my Haynes manual you can't just change the sensor on it own, it says you have to change the whole rail is this true :(

ide take it to ford fault codes dont necessarily mean its that part at fault it could be a sensor or it could be a pump theres no point throwing money at parts that may not fix the issue for example when i first got mine the codes stated it was the camshaft controller that was replaced luckily under warranty but the same code popped up again so they changed the 2nd controller a few days later same code same issue and it ended up being the variable cam timing sprocket as the ford guy said a code doesnt mean its that particular part just thats where the issue is detected so it could be any part up to the sensor

When was the fuel filter last changed?

I had a fault flash up this week warning of Low fuel pressure and the filter was minging.

One quick service and all is well.

When was the fuel filter last changed?

I had a fault flash up this week warning of Low fuel pressure and the filter was minging.

One quick service and all is well.

The car was serviced a couple of months ago, but don't think the fuel filter was done, to be honest don't think it has ever been done the car is on 40k

In that case I'd start with the cheapest component.

I'll lay bets that your fuel filter is filthy.

In that case I'd start with the cheapest component.

Cool, yea I bet you are right, I will give that a go first, will let you know, thanks again

Put me a tenner on that bet as well, Stoney me old mucker...............you can take the tenner stake out of the winnings :)

Well the good news is that the car is back to normal :) and the problem was, full marks to stoney871 it was the fuel filter clogged up plus ford said it wasn't on right and letting air into the system.

If I would of had the time it wouldn't of cost me half as much if I would of done it myself, but just glad to have her back and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting,

Thanks all

Well the good news is that the car is back to normal :) and the problem was, full marks to stoney871 it was the fuel filter clogged up plus ford said it wasn't on right and letting air into the system.

If I would of had the time it wouldn't of cost me half as much if I would of done it myself, but just glad to have her back and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting,

Thanks all

B)

Stoney,You clever old B. If I have a car problem you will be my first stop, I bet the sun shines out of your nether regions. Next time I'm tasked to locate some "A hole" Ill be calling on you. :P

sunbeam_ass1.png

Makes a change from my head being up there. ;)

sunbeam_ass1.png

Makes a change from my head being up there. ;)

:D :D That beats the standard issue flash-light, can you make it flash blue and !Removed! two tone?

You'd be surprised how talented i can be. :D

lol, some weird shizzle going on here!

filters are the best places to start no matter what the problem (within sense of course!)

Glad the issue got sorted in the end, and Stoney, watch that your head doesnt get too big, you need to get back in the wagon and get catching those crims!