Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tax Disc Holder

Fenners

Hi,

I've got a new metal ford tax disc holder for my fiesta :P I need to get the old one off but I'm sure it will leave all the goo and glue behind any ideas how to get it off or avoid it?

Cheers

This stuff is pretty good for removing the adhesive 'goo', used it when I removed the dealer sticker from mine last week:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Car-Intensive-Tar-Remover-/140818494910?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item20c96fb5be

Thanks for that James, I'll get on it!

Hi,

I've got a new metal ford tax disc holder for my fiesta :P I need to get the old one off but I'm sure it will leave all the goo and glue behind any ideas how to get it off or avoid it?

Cheers

I used a heat gun to remove Evans Halshaw's brutally bad sticker from my drivers side screen.

When i took my old one of from the dealers I just used AutoGlym Car Glass Polish and it scrubbed up fine :)

Which make & colour did you go for? I've got a black Ford Richbrook on mine. ^_^

When i took my old one of from the dealers I just used AutoGlym Car Glass Polish and it scrubbed up fine :)

Which make & colour did you go for? I've got a black Ford Richbrook on mine. ^_^

I went for the silver richbrook one :D Im scared to pull the old tax holder off haha

I went for the silver richbrook one :D Im scared to pull the old tax holder off haha

Nice! I've had mine for about a year and its still stuck like glue :)

If you want tomorrow I'll post some pics up of the sticky bits (if any) before & after because I'm thinking of taking of my parking permit off (which I no longer really need and it'll make my windscreen look tidier!)

Nice! I've had mine for about a year and its still stuck like glue :)

If you want tomorrow I'll post some pics up of the sticky bits (if any) before & after because I'm thinking of taking of my parking permit off (which I no longer really need and it'll make my windscreen look tidier!)

Yeh that'll great if you can do that thanks!

Doesn't it annoy you when you see cars with tax discs held on with sticky tape?

Scruffy and lazy.

Doesn't it annoy you when you see cars with tax discs held on with sticky tape?

Scruffy and lazy.

Eugh, yeah! When you could easy go to a shop and buy one for a couple quid!

Fenners here you go!

Before:

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

The sticky bits: Came off easily after a wee scrub using a microfibre cloth with some AutoGlym Car Glass Polish.

securedownload-2.jpg

And after:

securedownload-3.jpg

securedownload-6.jpg

A two minute job and it's much better! Easy as pie! :D

Much tidier, I have never been tempted to use holders supplied by some Insurance companies, I think they get enough advertising without my help.

I ripped my dealer sticker and dealer tax disc holder off while I was at the dealer picking my car up so they don't have time to weld themselves to my windows. He didn't look too impressed lol.

Much tidier, I have never been tempted to use holders supplied by some Insurance companies, I think they get enough advertising without my help.

No me either. I just put the holder they give me in the glovebox as it usually has the breakdown cover number on it just incase I ever need it!

This was just for a parking permit I had to use for a while out in the car park next to my mum & partners house as we have a shared driveway round the back but the old neighbours thought it all belonged to them! So once they moved I rightfully took the space that belonged to us and we now have lovely new neighbours. :D

I ripped my dealer sticker and dealer tax disc holder off while I was at the dealer picking my car up so they don't have time to weld themselves to my windows. He didn't look too impressed lol.

I can imagine haha!

When I got mine it had the tax disc holder, a sticker for when the car was due its next service and a bleeding solid sticker on the boot below my zetec s badge!!

I had a ford sticker on the inside ofmy rear window.

Right at the bottom, where the window wiper is.

So well done to my dealer. Hid it from view and stuck it on the window which is privacy anyway.. that came straight off and left no marks!

And I've had a look for these richbrook holders on eBay. The ford ones are all £15+

I was expecting 2quid!

Haha yeah, they ain't cheap!

Eugh, yeah! When you could easy go to a shop and buy one for a couple quid!

Fenners here you go!

Before:

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

The sticky bits: Came off easily after a wee scrub using a microfibre cloth with some AutoGlym Car Glass Polish.

securedownload-2.jpg

And after:

securedownload-3.jpg

securedownload-6.jpg

A two minute job and it's much better! Easy as pie! :D

Thanks for that! sorry for the late reply I'll have to order some of that glass polish looks good, might attempt the change over then! :)

link for a black ford tax disk holder anyone please?

Type richbrook tax disc holder ford in google or eBay.

Halfords are about 20

I just got one from eBay for 12

They do different colours, designs and logos.

Thanks for the info got myself a bottle of glass polish from eBay and did it tonite it's great stuff!! Eats away at sticky rubbish left behind took me 15 mins well worth it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club