Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibrating noise from turbo

stuarthunt

When I accelerate in my Focus 1.6TDCi and the turbo kits in there is a strange vibration noise like metal vibrating against metal. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Mate, if you seriously suspect there's any noise coming from the turbo you really shouldnt drive it anymore, get it towed to a garage - you never know when the next rev will be the last!, a turbo going can destroy an engine, hopefully its not the turbo though and just something like a loose exhaust cover!

Mate, if you seriously suspect there's any noise coming from the turbo you really shouldnt drive it anymore, get it towed to a garage - you never know when the next rev will be the last!, a turbo going can destroy an engine, hopefully its not the turbo though and just something like a loose exhaust cover!

It only seems to happen sometimes but I will get this looked at asap. Thanks for advice

Found this on a website so hopeguly it is this rather than the turbo failing.

On 1.6TDCI the aluminium turbo to intercooler pipe can split. It cracks in two places in opposite directions emanating from the "start" and "stop" of the upper bracket weld. Fractures are of a fatigue nature resulting from vibration ,the bracket being rigidly attached to the engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club