Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haynes Online Manuals

Steven33

Bit miffed that I bought a haynes manual for the focus just a few weeks ago to see they have started releasing online copies of manuals including colour photographs (could be very handy when trying to identify what the arrow is pointing at in those ridiculously grainy black and white photographs) and videos of common tasks. Been saying for years they should do electronic copies of their manuals and weeks after buying a hard copy, they actually do! :rolleyes:

Thats typical of them , are they pdf versions?

i have just checked , £25 for one year subs and £30 for life time , but i think that is for one manual probably and its cloud based so you can't save them to your own PC. for me they can keep them !

All my Haynes manuals have plenty of oily smudges and fingerprints on them.

Not sure I want to be handling a laptop or iPad when doing an oil change or fitting new brakes...

Maybe if they make them Kinect compatible?? :P

i did think it was a bit expensive. especially since they justified the recent lower quality paper and print on newer manuals as cost savings. So how they can charge that much for something that isn't actually printed is beyond me. Surely it is 90% if not more of what is just in the manuals anyway. But would have been nice to have the higher resolution pics.

I take it you can't also sell this on eBay if you change your car.

Sounds a good idea in principle, but the more you look at it the worse a deal it becomes

• 8 months later...

Has anyone tried these yet?

Is there anyway to download them?

At that price , i would not look at them , you could probably screen shot and save the pages , but probably protected from right click and download.

If anyone does buy one, I would be tempted to ask if I could borrow your details, one way or another I am sure I could find a way to download the manuals :D

I'm tempted to buy one just to see if it can be done. Although it's probably cheaper and less hassle to just buy one off eBay and scan it.

I believe that it will be done. I can't think of a way to secure it from above-average users.

Why don't you get a couple of your mates to chip in and buy one license? Then you will be able to play around with it without spending a fortune. Or you could simply share the login details...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club