Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ain't It Just Typical

Stoney871

This is what happened to my car while it was minding it's own business parked outside my home last night.

If the bike rider that did this hadn't broken his leg doing it i might have done it for him.

DSC_0100-2.jpg

DSC_0105-1.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stoney871

• NorthSussex

• Brigante

• jeebowhite

Who are these spineless cowards?

You should get yourself a dashcam! Catch these idiots.

By the sounds of it they didnt get far...(broken leg)

Stoney, you need to get that tyre inflated to the proper PSI.

Looks like the ones kwikfit inflated for me..

Ouch ! not good , guessing by the damage it was a motorbike , hope he is insured.

Yep motorbike, fully insured so that's a relief.

Most of it appears to be tyre rubber transfer but there is a pushed in area at the very front of the skirt.

The tyre is flat because he snapped off the valve but the wheel looks slightly toe out so i'm getting it checked for wheel/hub/track rod/track rod end damage before i get the valve replaced and the tyre reinflated.

Annoying thing is the tyre is brand new from last saturday.

My brother-in-law owns his own garage so he's looking to see if the wheel geometry is safe to drive or not.

He'll not do the work though as the car will go to an authorised garage.

Personally i wouldn't trust him to screw in a nail but he'll know more about what he's looking at than i will.

Least i will get a courtesy/hire car while the garage deals.

Knowing my luck and to really rub salt in it will be a fri**ing Corsa (SPIT SPIT SPIT).

Seeing as i need a car to take my dogs to work hopefully something bigger.

Yes i would imagine it would have knocked the steering , at least he was insured that's the main thing and next time he goes down your road he will be going a little slower

I bet he felt a right lemon when he found out who's car he had hit, I hope you booked him for careless driving.

Hey, I've just thought, these things do come in 3s, scary! :(

He admitted he was in a group popping wheelies so no contest on liability.

Actually its come in fives.

Got a speeding ticket for 40 in a 30 and just sitting town to tea tonight and something kicked off outside.

Ended up nicking someone for assault with a 12 inch combat knife and his partner for racial abuse.

Me, my dog, m.o.e and armed response.

Didn't even get time to take my boots off and back at it again.

Nothing like taking my work home with me.!

Lovely area, never dull.

It sounds like you live in a lively area, luckily I'm based in a quiet part of the country and only occasionally get posted to work in the city. Sorry to hear about the ticket, I always have tomtom set to alert me of my speed and the road speed but it can get a bit annoying with the chimes every time I am 3mph over the limit.

When its a mobile unit you're knackered.

When you're used to tearing around on response duties sometimes you forget you're in your own car.

Stuff happens. Ah well first ticket in 25 years.

Ouch, i feel your pain. Keep us updated on the damage.

Hey and there you were the other day saying how badly you wouldn't trust that member of family in the garage haha. I guess everyones useful for something.

Just had insurance on the phone, car being collected on Monday and courtesy being delivered, bet it will be a heap.

Un

Just had insurance on the phone, car being collected on Monday and courtesy being delivered, bet it will be a heap.

Unfortunately insurance companies loan cars are usually dinky toys like the KA or Corsa, pull rank and tell them about dog transport and animal welfare, if Blacks and other companies can give special terms to police and forces, insurance companies should too. <_<

Un

Unfortunately insurance companies loan cars are usually dinky toys like the KA or Corsa, pull rank and tell them about dog transport and animal welfare, if Blacks and other companies can give special terms to police and forces, insurance companies should too. <_<

That's when they will come put with crap like the car isn't For business use and it's a 'courtesy' car... Any excuse.

Hope you get it fixed quick though stoney.

when we had a courtesy car a few years back, we had a new honda civic only a few k on the clock, wasnt as bad as the first car we had, a pug 307 lol. sorry to hear about the news dude, hope you get it back in tip top cond soon

Company is aware that I need a vehicle fit to transport two dogs and that I have cover to transport dogs for work purposes. Hopefully I get something of practical size.

If not I may be able to rent a suitable vehicle on the works ticket.

At the moment I'm having to make my way to work, pick up my patrol car and then having to go home to collect the team.

Its all an aggravation I don't need.

Classic line from the insurance company this morning was 'are you sure it was his bike that hit you?'

Silly sods!

carnt your work lease a van for you then?

They have some old Astra vans but personally I'd rather walk.

Might be able to wangle a transit connect unmarked dog wagon if I ask nicely.

ask, grovel, beg lol. just hate the micra when it comes lol..... only joking the only thing we found out that what the cc of your car is, the courtesy car is the same.. at the time we had the 1.4 mgzr our 2 courtesy cars were both 1.4's just be be coinsidence..... if your doing the 2 runs now, do you can expenses then?

I am keeping all expense receipts.

They are even going to accept my wife's expenses as I usually run her to work too.

Company is aware that I need a vehicle fit to transport two dogs and that I have cover to transport dogs for work purposes. Hopefully I get something of practical size.

If not I may be able to rent a suitable vehicle on the works ticket.

At the moment I'm having to make my way to work, pick up my patrol car and then having to go home to collect the team.

Its all an aggravation I don't need.

Classic line from the insurance company this morning was 'are you sure it was his bike that hit you?'

Silly sods!

Round here dog units take their vans home, drive them too and from work!

ask, grovel, beg lol. just hate the micra when it comes lol..... only joking the only thing we found out that what the cc of your car is, the courtesy car is the same.. at the time we had the 1.4 mgzr our 2 courtesy cars were both 1.4's just be be coinsidence..... if your doing the 2 runs now, do you can expenses then?

Didnt work that way for me.. I have a 2l petrol, coutesy car was a 1.1 something..

Didn't like the 400mile camping trip it went on...

Well here's an update on the situation.

garage has had a good look at my car-

Dented sill under door,

Wing shifted 1cm forward,

Cracked rim,

Bent track rod,

Threaded track rod end,

Bent droplink,

New tyre needed due to damaged side wall- especially annoying as the tyre was six days old.

So the process now is-

A new wheel and tyre, repair links and rods, wing removed/reshaped/filled and refitted.

Sill needs straightening and respraying.

At least a week until the car is back roadworthy.

In the meantime this is what i have to run around in-

DSC_0141.jpg

It's embarrasing really but the strangest thing is i'm getting used to how it drives and am finding that it's a simple and honest car that is easy to drive.

It just doesn't have any teeth.

And NO! i'm not considering a change of badge, it is Ford all the way.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club