Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will The Cd6000 Fit To Replace A 5000 In My Focus?

Wayney

Hey

i have a 2000 reg Focus, currently with the 5000 Radio Cassette player fitted with the steering wheel controls. Will the CD6000 replace the same unit and still work with the steering controls? and would it be a simple plug and play or would i need adaptors etc?

thanks

The radios will be a straight swap.

All steering controls will work as before.

One multiblock connection and the aerial plug.

Just make sure you have the codes and a pair of removal tools.

The only difference would be if you bought a 6006 (6 disc head unit) as the plugs are arranged differently, but seperate into individual plugs very easily.

Just checking- you mean swapping this (5000)-

mG54CXrBVFDBSBXbE7k2WEQ.jpg

for this (6000)?

mmECQxRrt-2wKbj71iA-veg.jpg

You can fit this (6006)-

m4PvMDHPzOPrDvgfYlmb6OA.jpg

no only the frist ones showen not the last post one

whats the difference then? they all seem to show as 6000CD ?

The one you looked at is for a newer model of car, the connectors are different, also the radio won't fit your dash.

Ok... So when searching eBay i came across a 6006E... Is that the same as the 6006? Man talk about confusing lol... Should have just stuck with Halfords :-P

the 6006e will go in your car it takes 6 disc instend of 1

Ok... So when searching ebay i came across a 6006E... Is that the same as the 6006? Man talk about confusing lol... Should have just stuck with halfords :-P

Yep that's the one where the connector blocks have to be seperated to fit the sockets, they're just held together with clips and is pretty obvious what to do when you look.

I fitted one in my MK1 and it was a cracking radio.

got one in mine saves changeing the disc all the time :) :)

Far better than trying to find a cd changer and all the brackets and wiring.

Load er up and let rip.

Even though I have an aux connection I still made sure to get a Sony 6cd unit for my MK2.

I likes me music.

ok... 6 disc changer now ordered! Thanks for all your help :) Now i just need to find something that will hold the CDs in the car! :blink:

Got the 6 disc CD player today, sooo easy to replace the old one.... shame the !Removed! doesnt work tho Grrrr i hate eBay at times... now to fight for a refund and buy one that maybe does work! lol

Got the 6 disc CD player today, sooo easy to replace the old one.... shame the !Removed! doesnt work tho Grrrr i hate ebay at times... now to fight for a refund and buy one that maybe does work! lol

If the listing did not specify the unit was not working or faulty then the seller can't fight you.

What a fleecing git. :angry:

Seller was good, he gave a full refund and said to keep the player and sell for spares... so its on eBay now for spares/repair lol... However still have no CD Player Grrr! :angry:

most sellers are ok so you should get a good one

do what I have done and change to something else, fascia's are pretty cheap for the focus and you can get some real nice looking head units like Sony and Kenwood with bluetooth and all the bits n bobs.

I will be posting pic's of my transformation (when it has started) pretty soon as I am waiting for a few parts to arrive.

We wanted to stick to a genuine ford... we had concidered another brand, but around here you gotta remember to remove the face off, otherwise it wont be there the following morning! as i know from previous experience!

Anyway we managed to pick up a single CD player off eBay for £25. All working fine :D

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club