Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light Change

Jit

Hi,

Could anyone help me on how to change the interior light on the fiesta mk 7 safely. I have managed to change the bulb but had to take the entire interior light section off (in other words, I could see the metal roof)...

BUT

the problem I have now is that the whole interior light section doesnt clip in fully as there is some metal ring which it suppose to clip on to (I THINK) but thats loose.

Is there a easier way to change the bulb in the future also?

Could you put up some pictures to help explain what you mean? :unsure:

Is there a easier way to change the bulb in the future also?

The interior light has to come out as you've done to change the bulb.

Maplights%20Zs.jpg

Could you put up some pictures to help explain what you mean? :unsure:

That's not a image from my car but its basically the larger piece of plastic that is around the light which doesnt sit flush with the roof interior like it is in the image.

My interior light hasn't worked since I got it. Not bothered me yet but I am sure it will once the darker months approach.

Now you've really put me off getting it sorted!! :(

I believe you'll find a metal rim behind the grey fascia with tabs on it.

You should be able to bend them to tighten up the fit.

The best way to get the light fitting out to change the bulbs is with a wide blade screwdriver which you push between the side of the lens thats closest to the windscreen and the lens surround.

Hold the trim firmly in place with the palm of your hand and that should stop any undue stresses on it.

Maplights20Zs.jpg

I believe you'll find a metal rim behind the grey fascia with tabs on it.

You should be able to bend them to tighten up the fit.

The best way to get the light fitting out to change the bulbs is with a wide blade screwdriver which you push between the side of the lens thats closest to the windscreen and the lens surround.

Hold the trim firmly in place with the palm of your hand and that should stop any undue stresses on it.

Maplights20Zs.jpg

Thanks Clive, I'll give that a go!

Thanks Clive, I'll give that a go!

Clive, I've managed to fit the light in properly but it doesn't switch off when the doors are closed and I lock the car, it always stays on unless I turn it off completely do you know what the problem is?

You may have got the double wiring connector turned around, if possible try turning the plug around so the wires swap terminals (the L shaped connector)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club