Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding Brakes

soulman123

My trusty focus is due a brake fluid change. I bought a gunson eezibleeder from Halfords one of those one man kits.. many good reviews.

I was just wondering having never touch a brake nipple if this is a simple enough job. Is there anything I need to be aware of or tips ?

I have the focus 1.8 ghia 04 petrol with abs.

From what I can tell you connect a low pressure tyre to the eezibleed adapter, fill the bottle with new fluid, connect a special lid to the brake fluid tank, and then remove a cover? from the nipple attach a hose and put in container with fresh fluid. Open the nipple and watch till fresh clean bible free fluid comes out and tighten ?

Then work your way round. Not sure on order ?

I've only read that in theory just wondering if that's it or any pitfalls to watch out for and tips tricks to get it done right.

Also hopefully no hidden bleed nipple on the master ?

and no special software to bleed the abs ?

look at me with all the questions tonight lol I must be feeling studious lol

thanks and apologies for all the ?'s I guess if I learn to do it now I can learn a good skill and save money also know that its been done right.

*thumbs up*

Start at the furthest away nipple to the master cylinder.

No hidden nipples.

Just beware that nipples are easy snapped so do not force them too hard. A bit of penetrating spray on them before hand if needed

Just beware that nipples are easy snapped so do not force them too hard. A bit of penetrating spray on them before hand if needed

That's what she said...

lucky boy i dont even get the chance to grease them up lol :unsure:

i've done a couple of fluid changes myself ..best to check the pads aswell . i always give the bleeds a good soaking with plus gas a few days before i'm working on them if i can - i crack them to release the fluid when i do the pads so not to flip the seals when pushing the piston back and avoid overspill in the resevoir.never had a problem with snapping but just like spark plugs ..if they havent been unscrewed for a few years they can snap.. not a hard job .. even girly me can do it .. just dont run out of fluid ..dry nipples can be a pain .. ( had to get a joke in )

just dont run out of fluid ..dry nipples can be a pain .. ( had to get a joke in )

I'll give you that one ;)

(grins) at nipple puns lol

Thanks for all the advice, I'm feeling a bit more confident about doing it hopefully on the weekend.

thanks feeretfloozy for the tips, ill give them a soaking with plus gas which I will have to find not heard if it before, I usually use wd40 which has always worked in the past or ive been lucky lol

I guess all that's left is to confirm the right order?

back right, back left, front right, front left ?

also has any done this with a eezibled one man bleeding tool out of interest. Has good reviews on amazon and a neT idea so I can do it alone.

thanks

(grins) at nipple puns lol

Thanks for all the advice, I'm feeling a bit more confident about doing it hopefully on the weekend.

thanks feeretfloozy for the tips, ill give them a soaking with plus gas which I will have to find not heard if it before, I usually use wd40 which has always worked in the past or ive been lucky lol

I guess all that's left is to confirm the right order?

back right, back left, front right, front left ?

also has any done this with a eezibled one man bleeding tool out of interest. Has good reviews on amazon and a neT idea so I can do it alone.

thanks

I have used one of them kits in the past, worked the first time. second time the seal wouldn't stop leaking so i had to cut a new rubber gasket for the cap. cant say if it still does it as i dont use it anymore.

Fair play. I hope it works out for me. Although I better get a bit of rubber handy for a gasket incase.

I wonder does the clutch need bleeding or does it run off the same master ?

does the ignition have to be on or is this fine off as the car has abs?

and last question does the handbrake need to be on or off when doing the rears ?

I'm thourough aren't I lol

i bleed the clutch at same time ( could also have moisture in fluid ) never had ignition on but did have handbrake on ..(i have drums on rear of all my cars)..had my daughter press the pedal for me as i dont have a pressure bleed set- do the brakes first (only because mr ferret said its correct method)

I'm no good at finding nipples :-p where is the clutch bleed nipple located ?

hopefully weather permitting I can have a go tomorrow. U bought a few bottles of dot 4 and sprayed the nipples with wd 40.

My neighbour who I really don't know or like lol after listening to him sing dancing queen in 6.30 am as I'm trying to wake up and get ready lol you'd hate him too .. where was I ..... ahhh says he can bleed his car without taking the wheels off, is that even possible lol

After that I'm poking around for a cause of something causing a dry rubber noise at slow speeds, like rubber rubbing rubber.

have a good weekend all :-)

it is possible to do with the wheels on, its just awkward

the clutch bleed nipple is on the top of the gearbox, bit of a PITA to get at.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club