Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction

SteveandMichelleFocus

Hey!

This has happened a couple of times but happened twice tonight, when the car is floored it seems to get to a certain point and comes up with engine malfunction then the engine cuts out for about 4-5seconds. Any idea what it could be?

Might call ford tomorrow and get them to see what it could be,

Thanks

I had this on mine , could be the fuel filter blocked, that's what it was on mine anyway, worth a try first :)

Alright Steve, I was the guy parked next to you at Ford Fair!

Does sound like fuel starvation and as above first thing to try would be the fuel filter.

Ps, have you seen the pics I took in the fiesta area? I've got some high res versions if you'd like them.

Ok, just seen you've already replied, my bad!

I had this on mine , could be the fuel filter blocked, that's what it was on mine anyway, worth a try first :)

Thank you I will give this a try, hopefully it shall do the trick :)

Alright Steve, I was the guy parked next to you at Ford Fair!

Does sound like fuel starvation and as above first thing to try would be the fuel filter.

Ps, have you seen the pics I took in the fiesta area? I've got some high res versions if you'd like them.

Hi andy, yes we have seen the pics thanks for taking them there great... :D We forgot to take pics think we got 2 all together lol.

Did you stay for the day?

Nah, me and my mates gave it another half an hour or so just after the rain, then we set off.

Hi Steve, As has been advised its likely the fuel filter. I had the same issue Zetec, basically the fuel filter had a hole in it. when I drove up to 2500 revs it was fine, although putting my foot down harder than that caused a vacuum, the vacuum took air in through the hole in the fuel filter and then injected air into the engine. As we all know, air doesnt burn very well! so the only way to start it again was to get fuel back in.

I suspect a new filter is required, whether clogged, or damaged, it sounds like its one or the other!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club