Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal

Stuartmfc

Hi all new to the forum. Just placed my order for the fiesta metal. Been wanting to get 1 for a while now and the dream has become a reality. 6 more weeks I need to wait till it arrives. What's it like for those who have 1?

Regards Stuart

Hi Stuart,

First of all, welcome to the forum!

As you may have guessed, I am a fellow Metal owner (there are a few on here) and I personally think it's the best car I have owned by far (out of a whole 3). Main plus point, for the Mk7 in general, is the handling of it. Easy to drive, but can easily put a smile on your face. Having the slight extra pull and the other general Metal edition things are nice to have as well.

I haven't done loads of miles in mine yet (a massive 700 so far), so for general bedding in etc someone else will probably be better placed than me. One tip, as you will have footwell lighting installed (but no LEDs), get something like these, they light up really well.

Finally, just click on my username and have a look at the topics/posts I have as some of them are 'Metal' related.

Also, any questions, just pop them on here and I'll try and answer them.

Cheers,

Jon

I have an S1600 which is the same car minus the colour scheme (Inside & out) and I'd say it's the best car I've owned out of the previous shape fiesta, new shape yaris, clio & punto.

They're so comfy to drive and well equipped. What with the leather, heated seats, bluetooth etc.

They're pretty nippy cars and handle well to. Always find myself grinning when I drive it. You've picked the right car :D

Thanks jonM and marcr1. Think I'll find a big step up as my car just now and has been for last ten years is a 53 plate diesel Clio ( 65 ) bhp.

Oh by far! You've more than doubled the bhp for a start. I've had two fiestas now a mk6 and this one and both were a better place to be than my clio.

Only downside is its not great on petrol but what do you expect from a 1.6 132bhp engine :P

Happy driving!

Hi all new to the forum. Just placed my order for the fiesta metal. Been wanting to get 1 for a while now and the dream has become a reality. 6 more weeks I need to wait till it arrives. What's it like for those who have 1?

Regards Stuart

where in lanarkshire are you from? my parents are in stonehouse. so down that way quite alot.

mk7's are really nice cars. i traded my fez st in for mine. handles much better and fuel econemy isnt bad aslong as you dont rag it everywhere. lowest from a tank ive had it 22mpg, most is near 50mpg.

the leather seats take a good 8000 miles to break in fully i found, comfy at the start but get better over time :)

get some pics up when you can

I'm from pather in wishaw. Not good as has lots of speed bumps so will be going mega slow over them when I get the car. Think it will be long wait till it arrives so being on this forum exites me when other ford owners are telling info bout the car.

you will be fine with bumps when going slow :) mines been lowered and aslong as i go fairly slow (10mph) i make it over.

who did you order it from?

got some nice extras there, will be a great wee car

Yeah the bumps are not too bad. Ordered it from Arnold Clark ford garage in Glasgow. They gave me the best deal for the car.

cool :) i got mine in machargs in partick. again it was a 6 week wait for me, but nearly turned into 12 weeks :( was the longest time ever to wait. completely worth it tho.

are you planning to do anything to the car? or just leave it standard

Just leave it standard I think. Think the car itself is good enough with all the extras it has. I would go off my head it was 12 weeks. I go on holiday week before its due so it will be a great coming back home treat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club