Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c Condenser Replacement

trolleyman

priced up new condenser from ford dealers £265 !!!! got one for £70 brand new with 2yrs warranty,how do ford justify there prices,its unbelievable!!!

by the way is the a/c in front of rad?

It was on mine when I did a mk2 mondeo. Was actually a ball ache to get off with the radiator in place but complete possible!

If its the same as a mondeo, the condesor is held on brackets to the front of the radiator, these are just drop in hook type brackets with no fixings. The trick is to unbolt the radiator from the car, but keeping it in place while pulling the condensor out. Be careful not to damage the radiator. I found using some nails through the top radiator mount held it secure for the operation.

I did do a guide on Mondeo Enthuisasts Group, I can dig it out if it'll be any help?

you dont have to touch the main radiator you remove the undertray and the black part on the bottom of the bumper which allows you access to remove the condensor god knows where you guys get youre ford prices i had a ford main dealer replace mine and including the regass and labour it came in at around £260 all ford genuine parts you sure they didnt mean £265 fitted?

nope , it was £265 + £20 surcharge which i would get back when i returned the old condenser. i couldnt believe it , so it was def just for condenser.

jesus you you english boys get well ripped off i had mine fitted leak tested regassed and labour for less than that and it was in the main ford garage that included the original leak test on the faulty condensor let me guess would it be leaking around the bracket on the right hand side facing the car ?

ye looks like a right rip off!!! you have all got me wondering now,will ring another ford dealer in morn just to make sure i was quoted right!!

not sure where its leaking. had taken to kwik fit for recharge and took it back soon after cos it wasnt working. they just told me that under ultra violet light it looks like its leaking from condenser so thats why have bought new one.

hmmm i would ring round and get it rechecked if the condensor is leaking you will see an oily substance on the grill from looking at it through the front bumper i take it it did initially work maning its a large leak so there will be evidence look at the right side through the bumper there are 2 pop rivets holding the main bracket theu leak here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club