Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oops I Ordered 4 Cree Bulbs Instead Of 2... Wonder Where I Could Use Them...

b1g_dav3

Silly me.

I don't know how, but I managed to order 2 lots of 2 CREE bulbs for my reversing lights, and so I thought where else are there the same sized bulbs, oh yes, sidelights, so here's some pictures;

20120816_2055160.jpg

Looks rather bright to say the least :P they're these bulbs if anyone was wondering;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280895811663?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2287wt_1397

They're only the baby's at 3 watts but put out a lot, and I mean a lot of light, when I had them on my house was lit up like a Christmas tree, I put 7 watts in the reversing bulbs.

Anyone know if these would work in the main beam? Found these on the good ole fleabay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-CREE-high-power-LED-projector-bulb-Driving-Fog-Light-DRL-lamp-12-SMD-WHITE-7W-/140824733958?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c9cee906#ht_3187wt_1163

My only worry is projector bulb + projector lens =/= nice light pattern.

Thanks for your time guys!

Is that not blinding to other drivers?

Very probably lol, the light beam is higher than high beams are >_> and not a whole lot less bright than the main beams, could hardly tell. Cool how far LED technology has come. Probably going to remove at weekend, I say probably because I might just leave them until I come back off holiday, car's not going anywhere :P

Interested in the main beam ones, but not sure if it'll be the same thing over again, and I don't fancy paying £30 on bulbs that are useless >_>

Well they look good in this pic but if you were coming towards me and I was being blinded I would stick my main beams on straight away until you were past - why shouldn't you get a taste of your own medicine.

On a more positive note I think your Asian grille looks brilliant against the silver car. Very smart. :)

Hi, not sure if they throw out enough light, they only produce 550 lumens, whereas a 55w H7 halogen produces 1600 lumens.

Well they look good in this pic but if you were coming towards me and I was being blinded I would stick my main beams on straight away until you were past - why shouldn't you get a taste of your own medicine.

On a more positive note I think your Asian grille looks brilliant against the silver car. Very smart. :)

They do look good though :P trouble is they light up the high beam part like crazy, and they project a ton out too, so I think it will be a job of going back to my old sidelights and just keeping them for something later in time. Had just put them in in the evening and thought I'd see how they were after my SMD's wouldn't fit through the hole. And thanks on the grill, not sure whether to get the silver parts painted or not (in moondust silver) just due to the fact they're a pain to clean >_>

Hi, not sure if they throw out enough light, they only produce 550 lumens, whereas a 55w H7 halogen produces 1600 lumens.

Ah fair enough, probably right, I'm getting some for my fog lights still I think and seeing how those go.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club