Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Swaping Query

david295

I have the chance to buy another focus, i want to buy it and strip it for parts. mine is t reg new one is s reg

The thing that is putting me off, is mine does not air con, but new one does, and where my power steering pump is on mine it has air con pump on new one.

Would this engine still go in mine, if so how do i sort this issue out.

I also want to take the whole wiring loom out of new one for mine, would i have any issues, with the new one having air con

the loom will be more hassle than its worth theres a lot of sensors etc connected to the aircon unit so youll likely get constant unclearable error messages as for the engine it also would fit but wouldnt be worth the hassle unless you plan to connect the aircon which will involve removeing the entire dashboard and fitting all the aircon parts as a rule of thumb to make it an easier job swap like for like

What are you going from to engine wise or are they both the same cc if its different almost certain you will have to change the loom as for the air con just take the pump off or you could leave it on and just swop the belts over

sorry when i say the loom i mean just the engine loom not the whole loom this would be a nightmare

This is probably a bit off topic, but if you decide to do an engine swap there are plenty of guides out on the internet. I was really interested back in a day to do a swap, so had a little rammage around and found this guide which is very basic:

http://bit.ly/gGhboV

And if you're looking for a bit of light amusement, here is a video of the UK Marines changing an engine(successfully) in 42 seconds :)

Hope this helps :P

what size engine is yours and whats in the new one?

swapping them over shouldnt be an issue even if the location of parts is a bit different. you can either use a shorter belt or leave the A/C pump in place as a pulley.

yeah but he wants to use th engine loom as well so the connections for the aircon and the temp sensors related wont be wired up so the car should give error codes and there will be a few redundant wires my mate did this with a ford van and it was a bloomin nightmare as the van wouldnt start an auto electrician came out and in the end we put the original loom back in

Yes but he doesn't need to use the a/c.

We don't know what the reason for swapping is.

dont know what engine either lol what engine do you have and what are you wanting to fit are they different engine sizes and different years and what was the reason for the swap

Am not going to swap it, unless i need to, i just wanted to keep as a spare, and also i was going to strip it down and clean engine, and paint it.

Mine is a 1.6 16 zetec and the engine in new car is the same, i thought with my power steering pump pipes and motor being at front it would not go in, as the power steering pump on new one is on back of engine

A spare engine? Lol

It would still fit no problem. You would need the pipes from the new engine to connect the pump though.

as stef said its the same engine when you said power sterring at the back i assumed it was a 1.8 shorter belt to miss out the aircon pump. usually with fords the body goes long before the engine maybe you should keep the spare chassis lol

What is so funny about keeping spare engine, better than paying £150 from scrap yard when time comes, and i know this engine runs perfect, and its only done 48 thousand miles, mine has done 178 thousand.

And if i store it, and strip it and clean it all, i will have a good engine to go in mine when the time comes

What is so funny about keeping spare engine, better than paying £150 from scrap yard when time comes, and i know this engine runs perfect, and its only done 48 thousand miles, mine has done 178 thousand.

And if i store it, and strip it and clean it all, i will have a good engine to go in mine when the time comes

just thought it was funny as i cant say i know anyone who has a spare engine just incase lol. not that im saying its a bad thing mind.

178k is good going :)

Got a spare for my 2.0L done 190 thou and these cost 1400/1500 hundred rockin horse poo to get hold of as well so not so daft when you think of it if you come across a bargain .

Got a spare for my 2.0L done 190 thou and these cost 1400/1500 hundred rockin horse poo to get hold of as well so not so daft when you think of it if you come across a bargain .

you fairly clock up the miles anyway lol.

As far as the engine change is concerned I dont have a clue, but to comment on that video of the marines, I wonder how long it would take for them to strip a MK2.5 Focus engine and replace it! now I would love to see that! :P

Engine is out now, and in shed, I totally stripped car, I only paid £10 for the car lol.

Scraped it for £70

Sold cat for £60

Weighed wheels in for £59

I noticed the car had heated washer jets, i took these off, but mine does not have wiring for then.

How do i go about wiring them up, where do i wire them to

I noticed the car had heated washer jets, i took these off, but mine does not have wiring for then.

How do i go about wiring them up, where do i wire them to

If you have heated mirrors then you could spur off them, if not then run them off the rear demister switch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club