Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps

ijustwantafile

What do you guys think about having these on the focus?

My car doesn't have them and I parked next to a car the exact same colour as mine (avalon) and that had them and wasn't too keen on them.

has anyone ever sprayed them the same colour as there car? interested in what they'd look like.

they don't seem that expensive really;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ford+focus+mud+flaps&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-10-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-MK3-HATCH-MUD-FLAP-FLAPS-SPLASH-GUARD-MUDGUARDS-HATCHBACK-/330737172539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0178c03b#ht_3902wt_1067

Also how much protection do they give on the focus? I washed mine the other week and had to get out the tar remover to get rid of all the bit of tar that had built up on the car near where these would sit.

they are a necessity on the focus 1 they will prevent the paint getting taken off the front arches

2 they stop a lot of the road crud stripping the paint off youre sills

3 they are mega needed during the winter

spraying is a waste of time as the amount of punishment they take will strip the paint quickly i know been there and done that and they do actually look good on the car cant see why you wouldnt be keen i and a few others think the focus looks stupid without them you can see them here fitted

post-8800-0-36754500-1345206526_thumb.jp

I had these as standard on my ghia, really wanted to leave them on but after fitting a rear ST bumper the shape of it doesn't allow for them to be fitted, that's why you never see an ST with them. Because of not being able to have them on the back I had to remove them from the front cause it looked silly only having half on.

I will however be purchasing aftermarket ones at some point.

If i was going to put ths on mine it would be the oem ones dont want want to make it look like a rally car does any one know if they will fit with the zetec s extension on the bumper ?

If i was going to put ths on mine it would be the oem ones dont want want to make it look like a rally car does any one know if they will fit with the zetec s extension on the bumper ?

Steads mate on mine the flaps fitted on my original bumper because it was like this

DSCN0615.jpg

But they won't fit on the ST bumper because it's like this

DSCN0614.jpg

The curved lip round the bottom stops my oem ones from fitting. Might be able to get some different oem ones that have a different fitment to work, if not I'll have to get something aftermarket which I don't really wanna do :(

These may work as the fitment appears to be different

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-10-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-MK3-HATCH-MUD-FLAP-FLAPS-SPLASH-GUARD-MUDGUARDS-HATCHBACK-/330737172539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0178c03b#ht_3902wt_1067

They wont fit the zetec s mate,

but you can fit a set of aftermarket that have been designed for the zetecs and ST

ive got them on mine since i had to remove the ford ones due to them being moulded for the stock body shape.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c65373352

you also need to make up two little spacers for the rear arches to get these to fit 100% i can also provide a PDF guide for fitting these exact flaps.

heres how the look fitted on the Zetec S :

Image2004.jpg

Image2007.jpg

Image2011.jpg

Image2009.jpgImage2030.jpg

Cheers for that lenny it will be a while yet gotta get the skirts and front lip then get it all sprayed up.

• 1 year later...

New to the site. Hope it's not an issue digging up an old thread. I need to get some mud flaps for my car, 2010 titanium. No skirts, so standard mud guard would fit. Ford are charging €75 for their plastic ones. I can get identical looking ones online for about €20. Or I could get mud flaps from the local car shop. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Mark

I'm looking into installing these too.

They are £50 on eBay (OEM).

Would the third party ones be just as good?

Awaiting a reply,I want some too,but £50 for mud flaps is stupid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Wouldn't mind paying maybe £30 for OEM mud flaps but not 50 sheets for a bit of plastic/rubber. :-o

I paid £120 for mine, sounds alot but there the WRC quality and I didn't want cheap looking ones on the RS

Ah see that's different.....an RS. :-)

Now that is a car worth spending the extra bit of money on!

Imagine an RS with crappy Halfrauds mudflaps on! LOL

Don't get me wrong, you don't have to have an RS or anything similar for it to not deserve having good money spent on it but you gotta do it for your car!

Buy rubbish buy twice :) it depends if there for looks or actually stopping spray

I went for stopping spray so paid the extra :)

You know what mate, that's exactly how I see things, buy cheap, get crap, pay more etc etc.

I always pay extra for quality every time but I just can't justify £50 for mudflaps!

Something tells me that I may just have to bite the bullet with this though as I don't want cheap rubbish that will fail within 6 months and not even stop any spray!

I kinda just made myself pay the £50 in just one paragraph there though......how did I manage that? LOL

Between us we've managed to make you pay £50 but however, (curveball here) just cause they £20 more doesn't mean there any better could just be a greedier seller :)

Very true mate. It's a genuine Ford eBay seller so they're gonna charge top whack.....

Think I'll do.some digging.

Anyone on here use third party mudflaps and are they comparable to the OEM version?

Mine are by RallyFlapz, they were through a website but they also sell on eBay, really thick and durable

• Like 1

Will check them out pal.

Thanks for the help! :-)

Cheers Mark. :-)

What you driving by the way?

Mines an estate mk2.5 and think the flaps will give it a more impressive "stance" if that's possible on an estate! LOL

Nice one mark. :-)

What you driving by the way?

Mine are by RallyFlapz, they were through a website but they also sell on ebay, really thick and durable

£105 for my car mate.

Theyre exactly the look I would like but I really can't stretch to that price. :-(

Thanks for the heads up though bud.

• 4 weeks later...

Received the chinese ones. Urgh. They have a cheap Ford stamp in white on them, and asian characters. Might be all right if I spray over them. Trying to get a refund if possible. Pay peanuts, get monkeys!

Really? That's exactly why I would rather do without than waste my hard earned cash on cheap knock-offs!

Hope you get your refund sorted mate...

Jeez,

it's a pair of mudflaps for FLIPS SAKE!

You have a Ford Focus, then put some Ford Mudflaps on it.

But nodoubt you will !Removed! about until the last pair have gone.

But on the off chance your fast enough to make a decision here's a link to the last pair £21.75 delivered

Yes I've got them on mine, Yes they are genuine Ford, ....yes.... yes....yes ...yes ....yes :rolleyes: