Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Flaking / Warranty

White_ZS_TDCI

I've just booked my MK7 fiesta in for some warranty work...the paint on the rear bumper is flaking off on the edge, the window seal is hanging off, the glass is catching on the electric window mechanism, there is issues with the RPM fluctuating at idle and the windows rattle real bad when they are down and the door is shut. anyone had these problems / had them fixed?

What other problems have you had sorted under warranty?

I'd had the door seal peeling off fixed until warranty.....twice

Now peeling again!

i've had it fixed before on my service, and now its off again. Think they just use super glue. would a new seal fix it you think?

would a new seal fix it you think?

Nope, I've had 2 new ones! Needs better adhesive

I'm on my second set door seals. only had them fitted 28th june and already coming off. Will restick myself now seeing the professionals cant do it right.

Just dropped my car off for the warranty work. Not very pleased with Polar Ford. Apparently the door seal is not covered under warranty! neither is the fact that the paint is flaking off my rear bumper. i was told that i would not get more than 50 MPG even though the manufacturer spec states otherwise. Plus i felt that their customer service towards me was very poor. I seem to get this a lot as i am 21 but only look very young. I'm sure if my dad took the car in for me it would be a very different story.

I'm quite annoyed with them as i know some of you guys have had a complete new door seal fitted under warranty.

I wished i had taken it to my local independent Ford dealer now.

Just dropped my car off for the warranty work. Not very pleased with Polar Ford. Apparently the door seal is not covered under warranty! neither is the fact that the paint is flaking off my rear bumper. i was told that i would not get more than 50 MPG even though the manufacturer spec states otherwise. Plus i felt that their customer service towards me was very poor. I seem to get this a lot as i am 21 but only look very young. I'm sure if my dad took the car in for me it would be a very different story.

I'm quite annoyed with them as i know some of you guys have had a complete new door seal fitted under warranty.

I wished i had taken it to my local independent Ford dealer now.

If you want the Ford TSB which states it is Ford's fault and gives instructions to the dealer on how they fix it and claim costs back from Ford PM me your email address. They usually change their tune when you whack that on their desk ;)

Paint has a 10 year warranty I believe - they should be stamping that section in your service book on each service so go back and don't leave until they sort it!

I need to speak with Ford as I have a massive amount of lacquer peeling on the roof.

They said that the paint work warranty only covers rust. I called in at my local family run ford franchise on my way from picking the car up and have booked it in with them to do the door seal, however they too said that the paint work would not be covered. Looks like i'm going to have to pay £XXX for that sorting!

Paint is only covered during the first year according to this:

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/Warranties/WarrantyFAQs

The anti corrosion warranty is longer.

Sales of Goods Act overrides anything Ford say. Should be SAD !Removed!. That's Satisfactory, As Described, Fit for purpose and last A Reasonable amount of Time.

i'll give ford customer services a call tomorrow and complain. i'll make reference to the Act. Cheers for pointing that out Nath. No way should paint be flaking off a 2 year old car.

Phoned Ford customer relations and they have submitted a cost contribution claim for me on the paintwork. They said its likely i wont get anything but worth a try i suppose.

Phoned Ford customer relations and they have submitted a cost contribution claim for me on the paintwork. They said its likely i wont get anything but worth a try i suppose.

Sale of Goods Act is between you and the dealer that sold you the car. The contract is between you and the dealer rather than you and ford.

• 2 years later...

This is why ill be buying a kia lol seriously how ford get away with it i dont know even if you had rust they just touch it up it lasts a year if youre lucky then needs redoing, if its an evans halshaw ford dealer theyre even worse chips away could probably sort the bumper for £50.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club