Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bit of advice needed for the unsavvy me!

KitschQueen

Hey all I'm not a KA owner just yet but am hoping to be! I'm currently in the process of trying to find one and thought I'd found a brilliant one at a reasonable price but after looking at it's past MOT it has a number of advisories which mean not much to me. Basically I was wondering if anyone could have a look at them and tell me how much repairs might cost or whether it would be better to avoid the car altogether... :unsure:

Brake pedal has slight side movement indicating a worn pedal bearing or pivot

Nearside Front floor Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Offside Front floor Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement

Offside Front Macpherson strut has slight movement at the upper attachment

Both outer sills corroded

This is on a 2001 KA Collection, any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not very knowledgeable with cars and don't really have anyone to help me. Thanks in advance. x

Hey all I'm not a KA owner just yet but am hoping to be! I'm currently in the process of trying to find one and thought I'd found a brilliant one at a reasonable price but after looking at it's past MOT it has a number of advisories which mean not much to me. Basically I was wondering if anyone could have a look at them and tell me how much repairs might cost or whether it would be better to avoid the car altogether... :unsure:

Brake pedal has slight side movement indicating a worn pedal bearing or pivot

Nearside Front floor Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Offside Front floor Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive

Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement

Offside Front Macpherson strut has slight movement at the upper attachment

Both outer sills corroded

This is on a 2001 KA Collection, any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not very knowledgeable with cars and don't really have anyone to help me. Thanks in advance. x

personally i would walk away. sounds like its got alot of corrosion underneath its skin!! could be a very expensive purchase as its going to need a fair amount of welding very shortly.

Id save the cash and find a better one.

Have to agree i'd walk away too.

So far its only light work but i can forsee a lot of welding needed at a later stage. Rust is very rarely on the surface underneath a car. There is usually a lot more going on underneath what you see.

ster clear of this one if i were you

as previously said.

there are lots on the market so take your time & have a good look around.

a little rust is normal on most ka's & cars in general.

when it's the mounts that's got advisary notices on them then that will ring alarm bells to me

happy hunting

of coarse you can always phone the mot test center that done the mot to ask them about it

A lot of wise advice here.

Definitely walk away, there's plenty of good deals around at the moment.

Check out Autotrader and your local adverts--sometimes a bargain can be right under your nose!!!

Thank you to everyone for your help I decided to leave it as you pretty much confirmed what I was thinking but am hopeless at decision making so needed a bit of a push lol

Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club