Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rear windwcreen washer doesnt work fiesta MK4

ilovefiestas

hi my rear windscreen washer does not work but i can hear a motor working also the reservoir is topped up too

what could the problem be

also i have a mot soon will this cause a failure as the front one still works

thanks

hi my rear windscreen washer does not work but i can hear a motor working also the reservoir is topped up too

what could the problem be

also i have a mot soon will this cause a failure as the front one still works

thanks

Did you mean the rubber wipers or, the washer spray? If so...just clean the spray noozle with a pin or needle. Ice might have blocked it.

hi thanks for replying

as far as i can remember it has not worked since i have owned it (nearly a year now)

any other ideas

thanks for helping zetec521

as above clean the spray nozzel with a pin, some windscreen additives have a nasty habbit of leaving gunk which could easily block the nozzel. if this does not work try and get access to the feeder pipe at the nozzell and remove to see if the pump is working.

i remember reading a while back (a few months now :lol: ) that its possible the hose has come unattached inside the roof of the car,

is this possible? if so how would i get access to it?

thanks for the replies everyone ;)

i remember reading a while back (a few months now :lol: ) that its possible the hose has come unattached inside the roof of the car,

is this possible? if so how would i get access to it?

thanks for the replies everyone ;)

just fixed it here is what I did (if others have the same problem and are stuck)

.undone the clip from the boot part

.try and not loose the hose part in the roof/boot

.check to see if the washer jet is blocked

.clean out the dirt (i had to make a hole :lol: )

.then re-attach and it should hopefully work

(if the hose does dissapear open the boot and you should see some plastic cover boxes, remove the middle one and now locate the pipe tubing near the top of the boot section, this is where the hose is, detach this and move the hose and you should see the hose through the hole that was made when the plastic cover box was moved then just move it back to the original hole on the top of the car p.s use a thin piece of wire and wrap some around the hose to guide it back to the top hole)

• 2 weeks later...
just fixed it here is what I did (if others have the same problem and are stuck)

.undone the clip from the boot part

.try and not loose the hose part in the roof/boot

.check to see if the washer jet is blocked

.clean out the dirt (i had to make a hole :lol: )

.then re-attach and it should hopefully work

(if the hose does dissapear open the boot and you should see some plastic cover boxes, remove the middle one and now locate the pipe tubing near the top of the boot section, this is where the hose is, detach this and move the hose and you should see the hose through the hole that was made when the plastic cover box was moved then just move it back to the original hole on the top of the car p.s use a thin piece of wire and wrap some around the hose to guide it back to the top hole)

i also had this problem but not being a mechanic i took it to my local garage mate, he found out that it was the filter in the washer resvoir, you could look into this,

Rear washers not working doesn't fail an M.O.T.

Just thought ad let you guys no :D

The filter in the reservoir is also a common problem in a lot of fords.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club