Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.i.p Fiesta

Roxanne8907

DS3 is a good motor, sometimes regret not getting a DS3 over the Fiesta when I consider I could have had a top-spec one for the same price, just the looks of the Fiesta had it for me at the time. Plus my partner wouldn't let me seeing she wanted one and would be jealous :P

Don't forget to come and show us the picture's of your new DS3 :)

i will dont worry :) i might convert some of you ;)

DS3 is a good motor, sometimes regret not getting a DS3 over the Fiesta when I consider I could have had a top-spec one for the same price, just the looks of the Fiesta had it for me at the time. Plus my partner wouldn't let me seeing she wanted one and would be jealous :P

im going for a

Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi 110 Airdream DSport

white with a black roof

same one as this

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=Citroen+DS3+1.6+e-HDi+110+Airdream+DSport&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1012&bih=654&tbm=isch&tbnid=ZcjmYgizQVHLSM:&imgrefurl=http://m.exchangeandmart.co.uk/Advert/AdView/14756563&docid=xtbOdILnqnMhNM&itg=1&imgurl=http://images1.exchangeandmart.co.uk/images/mmo/trade/ARN/08519/ARNcc_o6dd9xqer128dem0/image1_300.jpg&w=350&h=263&ei=lqF0ULDjCIXF0QW0mYC4DQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=529&vpy=121&dur=1898&hovh=195&hovw=259&tx=170&ty=97&sig=100785692951151752423&page=4&tbnh=143&tbnw=198&start=47&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:47,i:269

:)

I was looking at the DSport Plus I think at the time, with the problems I'm having with my Fiesta I probably should have got the Citroen in hindsight >_>

It was your fog light. I'd put money on it.

In the short time I had my Fiesta I twice came out of work (I worked nights) at 6am to find my fog light hadnt gone off from the way to work when I'd used it. Bare in mind that its impossible to leave the fog light on if youve turned the other lights off that was weird.

It was really hot when it came on too. I wouldnt have thought it was hot enough to get that hot though but looking at it I was quite lucky. That cars long gone though now and thank God I like you almost certainly will never buy a Fiesta again and I think my girlfriend's mind has been made up between a fiesta and a 208 now.

Oh and BTW the DS3 is Superb my uncle works for Citroen and I've been lucky enough to have a go a few times and theyre absolutely brilliant.

I was looking at the DSport Plus I think at the time, with the problems I'm having with my Fiesta I probably should have got the Citroen in hindsight >_>

the dstyle plus had more of the features my fez had -auto wipers auto lights dimming rear view mirror but the dsport has better stereo and bluetooth and usb which my fez had also but i prefer a decent stereo over auto lights and being honnest i find auto lights a pain as they switch on when they fancy lol

what problems you having with your fiesta ?

It was your fog light. I'd put money on it.

In the short time I had my Fiesta I twice came out of work (I worked nights) at 6am to find my fog light hadnt gone off from the way to work when I'd used it. Bare in mind that its impossible to leave the fog light on if youve turned the other lights off that was weird.

It was really hot when it came on too. I wouldnt have thought it was hot enough to get that hot though but looking at it I was quite lucky. That cars long gone though now and thank God I like you almost certainly will never buy a Fiesta again and I think my girlfriend's mind has been made up between a fiesta and a 208 now.

Oh and BTW the DS3 is Superb my uncle works for Citroen and I've been lucky enough to have a go a few times and theyre absolutely brilliant.

really i reckon it was the light too but nobody was willing to investigate it further so ive had to take the isssue thorugh my insurance :( my car was in the garage having a suspected front wheel baring done drove it home drove it for an hour betwwen 2030-2130 then my neighbour came in at 0145 and at 0204 the fire brigade was putting the fire out and all they say is cause is unknown :'(

Needs a new door seal after having it 'fixed', got rattles in both Speakers that don't exist apparently, had 2 buckled alloys that I've had to pay for despite it being obvious they're unfit for purpose, and now it's in for a new water pump and cambelt. Car is barely a year old -.- lol

the dstyle plus had more of the features my fez had -auto wipers auto lights dimming rear view mirror but the dsport has better stereo and bluetooth and usb which my fez had also but i prefer a decent stereo over auto lights and being honnest i find auto lights a pain as they switch on when they fancy lol

what problems you having with your fiesta ?

really i reckon it was the light too but nobody was willing to investigate it further so ive had to take the isssue thorugh my insurance :( my car was in the garage having a suspected front wheel baring done drove it home drove it for an hour betwwen 2030-2130 then my neighbour came in at 0145 and at 0204 the fire brigade was putting the fire out and all they say is cause is unknown :'(

Its definitely nothing to do with that wheel bearing I imagine but weirdly thats what mine was in and out of the garage for too. But mine wasnt squeaking mine was making the car vibrate badly on the motorway.

Hi Roxy,

Been reading your thread, sorry to hear about the car, and more importantly the problems after. One thing i can say.... I would never buy a DS3, my other half had a ok, DS4, but the problems she had after only 10 months old from brand new!!

Not to mention the rubbish mpg she got back when driving. There resale value is........Shocking!!!! A friend had a blue n white ds3 and it did not even hold half the value after 1 year!!! The dealer where she bought it from was not even interested in taking it back off off at trade price!!! There are lot and lots and lots of dsport models in autotrader, E&M, gumtree and pistonheads!!! And there are more dsports for sale then dsign and dstyle too...

.....Food for thought! I would have a good look, problems my friends encountered were: volume controls not working - bluetooth not sync with phone - menu features froze and would not do...anything!!

The window wipers are on the wrong way so the driver does not get a full clear screen, they are correct for left hand drive, but when they did the right hand version, they did not swap the wipers over!!!

More personal to an individual, they found the interior plastics very cheap and basic, there was a really bad rattle at the front and in the boot!! If you go for the electronic semi auto gearbox, the gear changes are..... awful!!!

So, food for thought, i looked at a red DS3 once, but was always put off at there re-sale value... Renault are not so bad on resale value, pug has overtaken Citroen on that score, thus leaving Citroen at the bottom in a recent survey from What-Car... Ford really upped their game with the new Fiestas and Focus, and no i do not work for Ford, lol. Suzuki Swift is not a bad little broom, Vauxhall Corsa, mmmmm, if it was a VXR... Maybe!

Anyhow, wanted to mention it, hope it helps. I would say just look into the DS3 in a bit more detail, the Citroen dealer not wanting to even take my friends back would have got the alarm bells ringing for me... Soz if i went on a bit.

Hi Roxy,

Been reading your thread, sorry to hear about the car, and more importantly the problems after. One thing i can say.... I would never buy a DS3, my other half had a ok, DS4, but the problems she had after only 10 months old from brand new!!

Not to mention the rubbish mpg she got back when driving. There resale value is........Shocking!!!! A friend had a blue n white ds3 and it did not even hold half the value after 1 year!!! The dealer where she bought it from was not even interested in taking it back off off at trade price!!! There are lot and lots and lots of dsport models in autotrader, E&M, gumtree and pistonheads!!! And there are more dsports for sale then dsign and dstyle too...

.....Food for thought! I would have a good look, problems my friends encountered were: volume controls not working - bluetooth not sync with phone - menu features froze and would not do...anything!!

The window wipers are on the wrong way so the driver does not get a full clear screen, they are correct for left hand drive, but when they did the right hand version, they did not swap the wipers over!!!

More personal to an individual, they found the interior plastics very cheap and basic, there was a really bad rattle at the front and in the boot!! If you go for the electronic semi auto gearbox, the gear changes are..... awful!!!

So, food for thought, i looked at a red DS3 once, but was always put off at there re-sale value... Renault are not so bad on resale value, pug has overtaken Citroen on that score, thus leaving Citroen at the bottom in a recent survey from What-Car... Ford really upped their game with the new Fiestas and Focus, and no i do not work for Ford, lol. Suzuki Swift is not a bad little broom, Vauxhall Corsa, mmmmm, if it was a VXR... Maybe!

Anyhow, wanted to mention it, hope it helps. I would say just look into the DS3 in a bit more detail, the Citroen dealer not wanting to even take my friends back would have got the alarm bells ringing for me... Soz if i went on a bit.

Resale value in the 1st year is the worst year for any car here is why.

We will keep it simple as it makes the figures easy.

If a car costs 12000 new then 2000 of that is VAT. Then around 10-20% is Garage profit. So 1000-2000.

This means we are already back at £8000 or £9000 just driving it off the forecourt. Then on top of that there is just basic depreciation and the fact the garage has to sell it back on.

So they will likely give you £7000 they will factor in a PDI for the next buyer at the cost of 100 £7100. They will probably service the car £200 so £7300 in costs. Then theres a margin of probably 1000 again. £8300 and then finally vat at 20% = 9960 approx on average.

Citroen DS3s are actually one of the best cars for holding value outside Premium brands like Jaguar etc there arent many cars better. The main ones are the Mini, Aygo (and 107/C1), Fiat 500 and the Honda Jazz.

And you really cant moan about MPG from an Auto anyone who buys an Auto should be prepared to sacrifice MPG if you expected not to then sadly you need to read up on cars.

If youre worrying heres one for you My friend spent 23000 on a high spec Audi A3 2 years later its worth 13500. Puts it into perspective doesnt it?

How about a 21k+ car (citroen) and 10 months later, not even worth half the price, low mileage, extras, a1 condition and the Citroen dealer was not even interested! The owner in question was very upset and gutted.

I was only giving across view points from actual Citroen DS3 and DS4 owners, you re talking about an Audi, some would consider that a high spec car, and £9500 in '2 years' !!!!! Funny perspective, if a little incorrect to your point of depreciation over a year.

I myself had a brand new Ford, had it 10 months.. Got for 11500, and given a resale value of 8500 + vat = 10'200. not bad at all i would say, and yes i forgot to mention that the first year 'is' the worst year, and all dealerships are different, but Citroen being one of the worst was the point i was making, (according to many leading automobile publishers) a thousand apologies for that!!!

I read up on cars fine thanks, everyone knows that mpg figures are largely based on a car running for 5 mins on rollers!! Hell they even ditched the spare wheel to squeeze a few more mpg's out on the final run, so i read up quite well.

You obviously found this need to get your stick out and beat someone with it who was only repeating the words from a person (previous citroen owner) in the same shoes already that Rocky was about to step into, and wanted to mention it, jees!

How about a 21k+ car (citroen) and 10 months later, not even worth half the price, low mileage, extras, a1 condition and the Citroen dealer was not even interested! The owner in question was very upset and gutted.

I was only giving across view points from actual Citroen DS3 and DS4 owners, you re talking about an Audi, some would consider that a high spec car, and £9500 in '2 years' !!!!! Funny perspective, if a little incorrect to your point of depreciation over a year.

I myself had a brand new Ford, had it 10 months.. Got for 11500, and given a resale value of 8500 + vat = 10'200. not bad at all i would say, and yes i forgot to mention that the first year 'is' the worst year, and all dealerships are different, but Citroen being one of the worst was the point i was making, (according to many leading automobile publishers) a thousand apologies for that!!!

I read up on cars fine thanks, everyone knows that mpg figures are largely based on a car running for 5 mins on rollers!! Hell they even ditched the spare wheel to squeeze a few more mpg's out on the final run, so i read up quite well.

You obviously found this need to get your stick out and beat someone with it who was only repeating the words from a person (previous citroen owner) in the same shoes already that Rocky was about to step into, and wanted to mention it, jees!

But you're talking about a ds4 they don't hold their value well but she's talking about buying a ds3 a very different car. It's like how a fiat punto goes from 8000 to 4000 after a year but a fiat 500 goes from 8000 to just under 7000.

The automatic doesn't help as there is a lot of autos around. Take a citroen c4 a manual is more valuable because there's lots of autos out there and there's less demand.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was being horrible but I used to work in sales and I hated nothing more than people saying "I've changed my mind someone told me on the Internet I'm gonna lose all my money"

Needs a new door seal after having it 'fixed', got rattles in both speakers that don't exist apparently, had 2 buckled alloys that I've had to pay for despite it being obvious they're unfit for purpose, and now it's in for a new water pump and cambelt. Car is barely a year old -.- lol

im sorry to hear this i had a rattle in my speaker but found out that the storage plastic bit had come uncliped worth having a look ??

ive seen a lot on here about alloys

previous to my fez i had a focus and went through 3 alloys annoying when you have to all your hard earned cash on something which SHOULD replaced by ford

But you're talking about a ds4 they don't hold their value well but she's talking about buying a ds3 a very different car. It's like how a fiat punto goes from 8000 to 4000 after a year but a fiat 500 goes from 8000 to just under 7000.

The automatic doesn't help as there is a lot of autos around. Take a citroen c4 a manual is more valuable because there's lots of autos out there and there's less demand.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was being horrible but I used to work in sales and I hated nothing more than people saying "I've changed my mind someone told me on the Internet I'm gonna lose all my money"

im defo going for ds3 1.6 airdream sport plus

as for losing money on it im on a pcp deal now where i change the car every two years for a brand new one im not worried about its depreciation

thanks for the info guys i will keep you updated and if i come across any problems ( i hope not ive developed grey hair through this process) lol

;)

If you read my reply correctly i said DS4 in passing, and then referred to my friends DS3 in much more detail as a practical owner and the 6 months nightmare she had trying to sell it, after all the problems.......?

Hers was on PCP and she faced a 7k bill at the end of 3 yrs, or hope things would stabilise in the 3rd and not loose on it much come swap over.

I just don't think your reading things thorough, before jumping on the band wagon, there are many many DS3's for sale, and quite a few DS4's, both my friends who owned Citroen's, don't anymore!

Roxy, i did not mean to invade your thread, sorry, but i get sick of people stick bashing one person who says something with factual practical first hand knowledge of a specific vehicle, if they were just my own thoughts on Citroen i would not have bothered as i have never owned one and am not qualified to.. But We are talking about 2 people who owned Citroen's, one of them a 61 plate DS3 in blue, when i read the thread out she was like, no no no no.. Tell her to run, lol !! But that was her experience i guess, you make your own of it, and i wish you all the best.

Well i thought the best information was from that of an actual owner of ...??!! Yea i used to be in sales too, and your bashing here has put said new ford owner off joining the FOC, I know won’t bother from now on.

If you read my reply correctly i said DS4 in passing, and then referred to my friends DS3 in much more detail as a practical owner and the 6 months nightmare she had trying to sell it, after all the problems.......?

Hers was on PCP and she faced a 7k bill at the end of 3 yrs, or hope things would stabilise in the 3rd and not loose on it much come swap over.

I just don't think your reading things thorough, before jumping on the band wagon, there are many many DS3's for sale, and quite a few DS4's, both my friends who owned Citroen's, don't anymore!

Roxy, i did not mean to invade your thread, sorry, but i get sick of people stick bashing one person who says something with factual practical first hand knowledge of a specific vehicle, if they were just my own thoughts on Citroen i would not have bothered as i have never owned one and am not qualified to.. But We are talking about 2 people who owned Citroen's, one of them a 61 plate DS3 in blue, when i read the thread out she was like, no no no no.. Tell her to run, lol !! But that was her experience i guess, you make your own of it, and i wish you all the best.

Well i thought the best information was from that of an actual owner of ...??!! Yea i used to be in sales too, and your bashing here has put said new ford owner off joining the FOC, I know won’t bother from now on.

No worries at all thanks for sharing your information

I didn't mean to put you off and I wasn't bashing you it just seemed like misinformed information. A ds3 really shouldn't be going from 21k to less than half within a year. A ds3 is actually supposed to hold approximately 40% of its new value as trade in after three years (that's an industry forecast of course they've not quite been out 3 years yet). If your were talking about citroen dealers you'd have a good point apart from real main dealers (like citroen Manchester that's actually owned by peugeot citroen themselves like robins and day) the citroen dealers aren't monitored thoroughly enough. I this weekend went looking at the c3 at a dealership which is a proper citroen garage but not owned by citroen and there were 5 c3s all listed as vtis both on the forecourt and online but a check of the plates and citroen systems found that 4 were actually the 1.4 8v (horrid engine) and the cheapest was actually the only VTi. They were a rubbish drive so I've bought a corsa instead but point still stands.

I really did not intend to put you off I was actually trying to help the DS3 is a good car it's well made, especially for a French car.

In my opinion if she was offered so little after a year then its the dealer not the car. If you don't mind me asking how did she manage to pay 21k for a DS3 to begin with a year ago? The only spec that's that expensive is the prestige and it really doesn't have anything that justifies the price and the racing wasn't available on pcp then.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys I'm back after a busy year I have a new car it's a ford..... Hahaha nice to see you all again :-)

• Like 3

Welcome back, think you should get your profile pic changed pretty sharpish, that fire damaged rear end is a little upsetting. What ford have you got now? What happened to the DS3?

Yeah I'm only on my phone ATM but will get it changed ASAP :-) I didn't get a ds3 in the end I decided against it as I heard so many bad reviews about them... I've now got a ford focus titanium 1.6 after having an Astra for the last year (it was a crappy runaround) so glad to have got rid of it im back from the darkside :-)

• Like 1

Yeah I'm only on my phone ATM but will get it changed ASAP :-) I didn't get a ds3 in the end I decided against it as I heard so many bad reviews about them... I've now got a ford focus titanium 1.6 after having an Astra for the last year (it was a crappy runaround) so glad to have got rid of it im back from the darkside :-)

I had an Astra for 4 long years and was so glad to get my Fiesta. Do not miss the Astra at all!

Welcomeback Roxy , great choice of new car BTW :)