Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Focus Zetec S Thread...

.Ryan

Jammy goit mate, bet the Missus is happy :D

She must be estatic lol

Ain't saw her or the focus all day.

She must be estatic lol

Ain't saw her or the focus all day.

Lol bet she secretly loved having the day off from you n the focus n been dancing around the house all day.

Then soon as you walk through the door she's all omg I can't believe you've left me alone n neglected me all day you evil man! :P

Lol bet she secretly loved having the day off from you n the focus n been dancing around the house all day.

Then soon as you walk through the door she's all omg I can't believe you've left me alone n neglected me all day you evil man! :P

lol to my surprise she's happy with the 30bhp increase on the ecu and that the exhaust doesn't sound much different to the standard system.

Just a tad louder perticurally at 3,000rpm

30bhp increase??

Got her remapped yesterday along with the duplex. Is now 120bhp 297nm torque.

Fitting induction filter from Green Performance on Monday when it arrives.

Only other performance mod will be a CodeRed intercooler in early 2013 to complete Stage:1 tuning.

lol to my surprise she's happy with the 30bhp increase on the ecu and that the exhaust doesn't sound much different to the standard system.

Just a tad louder perticurally at 3,000rpm

Whey hey that's a win win :P

I do regret not getting a diesel now but at the time I'd said I'd never own one n didn't like em lol

Wow looks great Lenny and the upgrade as well you have been busy :) Very Nice indeed.

how does the car feel after a re-map??

Feels very responsive in every gear mate.

But I know from looking at the boost gauge, that the turbo still doesn't work 100% of the time like some tuning box's have been known to cause the turbo to functoion at all of the rev range resulting in premature turbo failure. And damage to the engine.

The remap is much better and boost starts in and around 1700rpm up to 3,200rpm the top speed is still 185kmh but it sails up to 160kmh then creeps to 185.

Also on an every day drive approaching roundabouts and traffic lights etc. The gear changes are smoother with no kick or lack of power in 1st or 2nd gear.

To summerise the car feels like a 1.8 petrol but still as efficent as always was when driven normally. Most likely due to the map being done correctly so as the turbo is not on constant however boost has a slight increase with a peak on 3rd gear of 25psi but mostly fluctuating between the 10-17psi figures which used to be 8-12psi

So the remap isint just a bit of software to get more from the turbo. It has gotten an increase from the engine itself aswell as the turbo.

But not all 30bhp gains are coming from the turbo which makes me very happy and still fuel efficent lol I still have a 5 petal flower on my eco mode flowers.

That's good news Lenny with that gain , i'm sure you can really tell the difference and well worth it

That's good news Lenny with that gain , i'm sure you can really tell the difference and well worth it

Yes I'm trying not to develope a heavy foot now though lol need to reserve the newly found power.

The remap was 295euro with a 4 week change back option if I wasn't happy.

Only thing I think I'll change is the length of the rear pipes. Get them set back in to the car by 1" inch

I reckon it would look better than at present.

Good effort there mate.

Welcome to the world of the tuned diesel. :D

Thanks mate,

How do you find your mpg

Thanks mate,

How do you find your mpg

Truth be told I don't really fuss about my mpg.

Afaik it's no different to what an unmapped engine will show.

I do have a heavy right foot though, but average 55-60mpg on motorways and 35-40mpg on urban roads.

Has anyone's turbo's failed on here?

When I was looking on autotrader in the first place for a car, every tdci I looked at seemed to need a new turbo cause literally all of em had konked out :wacko:

One of the main reasons why petrol swung it for me

As long as the oil change regimen is kept up then the turbo will last longer.

The Peugeot engines are renowned for crap turbo's though.

Hmm I must of looked at that many focus mk2 tdci's at the time n literally all of em said they needed a new turbo

As long as the oil change regimen is kept up then the turbo will last longer.

The Peugeot engines are renowned for crap turbo's though.

I am aware of this since 7 months after purchase of the focus, had I known about it before purchase id hve gotten a 1.8TDCi but I gota good deal on the focus at the time and had started modding it before I found out abot Dpf and vain lines in the turbo. But I'll live with the cautions i ve had it remapped for more power but not all of the extra power is down to the turbo itself and the new exhaust is over half an inch bigger in diameter from the dpf to the dual exits which will leave less back pressiure on the turbo I've got a high flow induction filter on the way to help with sucking in the air too so the turbo should be under less strane. The final precaution is to fit a codered direct replacment intercooler which have been designed specific for the focus diesel engines and proven to reduce charge temps by over 30%

So after that is fitted theirs nothing I can do except for using wynne's engine flush directly before an oil change to help clear the vain to the turbo

Is their any company that manufactures a direct replacment turbo for the 1.6TDCi ?

I know of a mk6 fiesta owner who has fitted a hybrid turbo but it was all custom fit and no dpf in the mk6 neither.

• 1 month later...

Hi Rh1no!

Nice looking car mate smile.png Great thread you've got going here are some pics of our car....

Look forward to seeing other Zetec S's

Steve & Michelle

When we first brought the car,

post-35652-0-71056700-1345407725_thumb.j

First we added the Exhausts,

post-35652-0-85127900-1345407748_thumb.j

Changed the Alloys to ST, Gel Overlays, Wind deflectors, Painted the Callipers Red

post-35652-0-05933500-1345407686_thumb.j

Added the Front Splitter

post-35652-0-55390600-1345407861_thumb.j

Hopefully next on the list is to get DRL and paint the fog light surrounds and grill black gloss, We shall keep you updated!

Hello mate love the car, have just bought the same in black aswell is urs 1.6 or 1.8.....where did u get exhausts and front splitter from ............

Where did u get exhausts and front splitter from ............

Sorry to butt in but the fron splitter is custom hand crafted by TripleRcomposites and are shipped pre painted in Gloss black along with stainless steel fixing bolts.

Lining up is very simple just drill out centre rivet on your bumper and replace with bolt then drill holes to correspond with the ones on either side of the splitter.

Fitting mine in the coming weeks, fantastic value less than 130pounds including shipping.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/triple-r-composites/

Image2295-4.jpg

Image2296-3.jpg

Just thought I would post this up for us Focus Zetec S owners to get some ideas from other Zetec S' belonging to other members on here. Get some pictures posted folks!

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

smile.png

I have just got a Black 1.6 Petrol Zetec S, lovely car in my opinion. Only looking at doing a few small mods to it.

Red LED Footwell lights fitted.

Ordered Windscreen Mist style jets.

Ordered Custom Heat/ AC control knobs.

Looking for a nice set of Stainless Steel Scuff / Door Sill plates.

Ordered Additional 12v Aux power socket to go in the boot.

Ordered 'S' Sticker for centre spoke on steering wheel.

I will post picks as soon as I can.

Here's mine.

db535d62.jpg

031.jpg

5710fecc.jpg

Few random pics, not got any real recent ones.smile.png

Where did you get ur exhaust from mate

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome mate, if funds allowed I'd be getting one made up!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club