Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter

sambooka

After recent conversations about the hex flag not existing and my growing frustration about my tdci zs struggling for economy and power I'm seriously thinking about either a k&n or piper cross panel filter. Do I need to swap it back for servicing as I'm sure ford will just throw it and i will be back to square 1 again

It comes with a sticker that goes on the air filter box saying something like DO NOT REPLACE ME!!

EDIT: Here it is:

17.png

I have just this weekend fitted a K&N Filter to my Fiesta.

service is not due until April, but I'm probably going to have a word with the garage before it goes in. (I use my local Ford dealer)

The K&N Filter comes with a sticker to apply to the Air Filter box, to say not to throw it away and also a little card to explain about the filter with a contact number on it, offering to explain to any garage about the benefits and to argue the point it does not void the warranty, etc.

Worst case scenario is that they want to fit their own filter and you have to refit your one again afterwards. Any reasonable garage should be able to take note of your comments before a service. (I know mine has for other things).

Far as i'm aware, the K&N theory about not voiding the warranty is for the USA only. You should contact K&N UK and ask them about where you stand in the UK.

From www.knfilters.co.uk:

Unlike many companies, our warranty for O/E replacement air filters and intake systems does extend beyond the replacement of a defective K&N part. For the original purchaser of the product, our warranty covers any engine damage or related costs incurred as a direct result of the use of a properly installed and maintained K&N O/E automotive replacement air filter or intake system on the specific vehicle for which the product was designed to be used by K&N. This includes reasonable vehicle repair costs directly related to an engine problem caused by the failure of a K&N product. Furthermore, we warrant that using our product will not result in a vehicle warranty denial. K&N will not be responsible for any indirect, consequential, special, contingent, or other damages not listed above.

We will promptly reimburse the consumer for the cost of the repair if a service provider denies warranty coverage as a result of a K&N product or claims that a K&N product has caused harm to your engine or vehicle...

Just wrote to K&N Filters UK about the extract above and got the following reply too :)

Hi Alex,

The million mile warranty does indeed cover the UK.

You will need to retain your proof of purchase and ensure that you follow the correct cleaning instructions with the correct cleaning fluid and oil.

Thanks for the replies lads got any links for the cheapest place to get one

Elmo! When you get this can you update us to how it sounds and mpg etc? I'm looking at getting one for my foci

Elmo! When you get this can you update us to how it sounds and mpg etc? I'm looking at getting one for my foci

Will do I'm interested to see how it affects mpg myself as according to the computer I'm getting 50.3mpg hardly anything to shout about

Just to check, I assume you have the 1.6 TDCi?

That part I linked to is for 1.25, 1.4, 1.6 Petrol & 1.6 Diesel only. (1.4 Diesel requires a different filter) I have edited my earlier post to make note of that now :)

Had one in mine (ZS TDCi) for a couple of years now. Can't say I ever noticed any real difference in mpg, acceleration or noise, but it's better than the stock filter so must be good right?

And it's a fairly cheap mod that doesn't affect warranty or insurance.

I also put the sticker on the airbox & told my dealer not to change it during services.

Just to check, I assume you have the 1.6 TDCi?

That part I linked to is for 1.25, 1.4, 1.6 Petrol & 1.6 Diesel only. (1.4 Diesel requires a different filter) I have edited my earlier post to make note of that now :)

Yeh Checked first 1.6tdci zs

Great now I've gone and ordered one too - thanks guys for making me spend more money :P

Do they really make any difference? Some people say they do and others don't? :s

My car is definetly more responsive, but that could just be because its got a fresh clean filter in there.

Not done enough miles to notice any mpg difference though.

The way I looked at it, is that being washable it pays for itself in the life of two standard filters and any benefit I get however small is a bonus.

I've taken the plunge....c if I can tell any difference once its arrived and fitted :)

I have found a pipercross panel filter for my 1.6 tdci for 35 quid, a standard is 12 quid, now pipercross say it will increase my mpg ( but won't say by how much) n apparently will add between 2-5 bhp? Now is it really with paying 3 times the amount

I have found a pipercross panel filter for my 1.6 tdci for 35 quid, a standard is 12 quid, now pipercross say it will increase my mpg ( but won't say by how much) n apparently will add between 2-5 bhp? Now is it really with paying 3 times the amount

The mpg boost will probably only be a very slight one

I think Alex is on commission everyone's buying them now

I wish, haha.

I think it just helped knowing that the K&N warranty is valid in the UK.

Right, its been a while.

Who has recieved and or fitted them?

Any views?

x

Edited by gc88

Fitted mine today, haven't driven yet though. Filmed it all and will put up a guide :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club