Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did you run her in?

Truly55

To be honest I never 'run in' modern motors - I generally just drive them normally from the off. The only things I do 'run in' are the tyre/brake combos and the Speakers (yes, seriously). The Speakers I start off on lowish volume and gradually build up the sound over the week or so.

Do you 'run in' your cars like your Grandads used to? I do remember years ago people used to put stickers on the boot saying 'Running In - Please Pass' as they were driving at 40mph max for weeks in their Vauxhall Vivas. :rolleyes:

well i didint run mine in and mine seams to be ok iv had mine about 5 month from new was onlt 4 miles on the clock when i got it. its not a new shape like the last of the old shape well chuffed with it. :lol:

For the first 500 miles or so i was semi careful....with the odd "put my foot down" moment (and watch the MPG drop fast :P) as it does say in the hand book to vary driving style, and to change gears offen :D

I was careful on tyres brakes and cluth for the first 100 miles :)

Well Mark the handbook is never wrong :) i will remember your words of wisdom!

I was wondering about this as well, but as i hadn't been told anything by the deal yet (lol we all know what they are like) didnt think it was needed!

But the breaks would def need a little care for 100 miles or so to get them to bed it (or whatever they call it)

To be honest I never 'run in' modern motors - I generally just drive them normally from the off. The only things I do 'run in' are the tyre/brake combos and the speakers (yes, seriously). The speakers I start off on lowish volume and gradually build up the sound over the week or so.

Do you 'run in' your cars like your Grandads used to? I do remember years ago people used to put stickers on the boot saying 'Running In - Please Pass' as they were driving at 40mph max for weeks in their Vauxhall Vivas. :rolleyes:

In the past I have always run my cars in and this one is no exception.

I think it pays to treat them gently for the first 1000 miles to allow everything to bed in etc.

I agree with you in principle though; don't suppose you really need to nowadays.

I have heard that comment before about Speakers as apparently it takes a few days for them to reach their ambient working temperature! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club