Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Site Layout...im Lost!

Millsy1

hmmmm. just logged on to see whats everyone up to. and noticed the site has changed. taken me like 5 mins to find where to do this post...

please go back to how it used to be...thanks :D

or am i the only one?

I prefer this look. It looks a lot cleaner and things really haven't moved that much...

I dont find it too bad at the moment, it seems quite tidy, OK things are slightly different, but I didnt think it was too out of place...?

I like the fact I can now see at a glance which threads I have posted in, I had missed that!

I love it, Iv been part of alot of forums in the past and managed one in my younger days and this is far better. It may take you some time but trust me this layout is good and cleaner and more proffesional.

Nice clean look , and for me the posts are much better to read and see.

Me likey! Especially on the mobile version (not been on the new desktop yet), much cleaner and tidier! :)

Would be even better on the mobile if you could get the choice of smileys *hint hint* :D

Me likey! Especially on the mobile version (not been on the new desktop yet), much cleaner and tidier! :)

Would be even better on the mobile if you could get the choice of smileys *hint hint* :D

The smileys still display if you know the code / shortcut for them.

Sorry to say that it's made the forum unreadable on an iPhone and as that's how I post about 75% of my content you've probably put me off the forum.

haha ok guys looks like its just me :P

but the threads are cleaner to read etc. havent been on here long and only just got used to the old layout.

Sorry to say that it's made the forum unreadable on an iPhone and as that's how I post about 75% of my content you've probably put me off the forum.

ive never tried to from my iPhone. is there an app or is it through safari stoney?

Oh i don't like the dark iPhone version to be honest. They should keep the old iPhone layout for mobile version and keep this live version for everyday browsing.

Thats through Safari.

Stoney at the bottom on my Galaxy S3 there is a "Full Site" button , don't know if its the same on iPhone.

If you go to the full site you spend most of your time zooming and swiping.

White writing on a black background on a small screen equals eye strain and frustration.

It's annoying as the forum keeps me entertained during quiet night duties sitting in random lay-bys waiting for a shout.

If you go to the full site you spend most of your time zooming and swiping.

White writing on a black background on a small screen equals eye strain and frustration.

It's annoying as the forum keeps me entertained during quiet night duties sitting in random lay-bys waiting for a shout.

At least the black background is more tactical :rolleyes: No on a serious note i do agree the black theme for iPhone or mobiles is pretty hard and not as easy as the old. And also the reason for having the mobile version of sites, saves up on data you swallow on your contract / bill. Much better in my eyes considering 60% of topics have photos in.

Maybe they are still working on it, i presume they will take in this feedback. The mobile site should match the main site in my opinion.

Hi Guys

The main site will undergo a mobile version soon. The forum mobile version works as normal and does have improvements.

There is still a long way to go and glad you like the layout. Should run much faster too.

Keep checking back for new stuff and also keep reading our news and features, we'll keep you updated when a mobile app comes out.

I like it, I have been browsing some other non-Ford car forums recently for family to get some advice, and FOC is by far the easiest to navigate (and seems to have the friendliest members ;)) Not had a chance to try it out on my phone yet though.

Steve, Any sign of support for tapatalk anytime soon? it would be handy if we could introduce it as part of the makeover?

Steve, i understand why we have Ad's but are they necessary on the top banner? We could have a good banner up there but 9/10 the Ad's do cover this up. I understand thats where alot of money comes from that goes into running this site I'm just curious is this something you will keep as it is or maybe think about changing?

I used to be able to open the Forum on my iPhone and by locating the stars instantly tell what i was following, now the background is dark and the stars are dark blue i find it impossible to tell easily.

I love is new look :D it's simple to use and looks better :D

Please don't change back!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club